Are you religious?

Sammael

I will not just ignore you guys when you openly blaspheme this way. We all know, deep within our hearts, that there is only one true god and I hope his noodly appendages will bring you much joy. All hail the Al Dente One, R'Amen.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_alone.jpg

(I know this is off topic, but we are just having a bit of fun)

JtnNF4R.jpg

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

JtnNF4R.jpg

If we are what we eat, then will eating pasta make me God? 

To answer the question, I don't think pastafarians will be left out of the "religious cannibals club". That club is way to exclusive not to join.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If we are what we eat, then will eating pasta make me God? 

To answer the question, I don't think pastafarians will be left out of the "religious cannibals club". That club is way to exclusive not to join.

Verily, I say unto thee, bringeth thy pot to a boil. Place my tubular brethren within and cook until al dente. Whoso eateth my noodles, and drinketh my broth, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I don't think I can keep reading through this thread as it's getting too painful to read. I like how religion and let's hate on homosexuals go hand and hand that it borderlines madness. I'll flat out say it, if I saw two guys making out in public, it would make me feel hella uncomfortable. In that same breath, I'd feel the same way for a hetero couple grabbing each other in a public setting - it shows zero respect for those around you. You're free to believe what you want to believe and do whatever you want in your own home, but please don't spread your bullshit ideology to society -- highly religious and "sinner" alike. All you're doing is making an ass of yourself.

You can worship water buffalo and have gay orgies 24/7 and I couldn't care less if you did this behind closed doors. Want 20 wives? Cool, whatever floats your boat, just keep your boat out of MY dock. Any group that makes a scene in public are super annoying no matter what they preach. The world would be a better place if people focused on their lives.

So...how bout that gay marriage...

(trying to start this discussion back up :P)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I will not just ignore you guys when you openly blaspheme this way. We all know, deep within our hearts, that there is only one true god and I hope his noodly appendages will bring you much joy. All hail the Al Dente One, R'Amen.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_alone.jpg

(I know this is off topic, but we are just having a bit of fun)

COMIC SANS

So...how bout that gay marriage...

(trying to start this discussion back up :P)

I will take the bait :)

I am all for homosexual couples having the same rights as any married couple. After that you get to adoption and kids. That's a bit more tricky. I am not sure if it is completely fair to the child to have to grow up without a mother or father. Each play a very specific role in a child's life and is it right to take that from a child's upbringing? I know it happens all the time with the loss of a parent but at least it isn't planned in the first place. Then I don't think it is right for a gay couple to not have the right to have children either. It becomes a bit harder when another person becomes involved.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I will take the bait :)

I am all for homosexual couples having the same rights as any married couple. After that you get to adoption and kids. That's a bit more tricky. I am not sure if it is completely fair to the child to have to grow up without a mother or father. Each play a very specific role in a child's life and is it right to take that from a child's upbringing? I know it happens all the time with the loss of a parent but at least it isn't planned in the first place. Then I don't think it is right for a gay couple to not have the right to have children either. It becomes a bit harder when another person becomes involved.

Eh, I was raised without a father, I have no issues.

A parent is a parent regardless of gender. The myth that "mommy has to act one way and daddy another" is untrue. It goes back to the old gender stereotypes of "a women's place is at home in the kitchen, to be nurturing and kind/gentle" and "a man's place is out hunting, to work the land, to feed his family, to be a hard ass who shows little to no emotion".

At least you didn't bring up the 'point' that some people do when they say "someone raised by gay parents will think it's ok to be gay and grow up to be gay"...... because there are people out there who think that sadly.

PSU

A parent is a parent regardless of gender. The myth that "mommy has to act one way and daddy another" is untrue. It goes back to the old gender stereotypes of "a women's place is at home in the kitchen, to be nurturing and kind/gentle" and "a man's place is out hunting, to work the land, to feed his family, to be a hard ass who shows little to no emotion".

At least you didn't bring up the 'point' that some people do when they say "someone raised by gay parents will think it's ok to be gay and grow up to be gay"...... because there are people out there who think that sadly.

Gender stereotypes are artificial anyways. There is no correlation at all between same sex couples raising children and their children growing up 'to be gay' countless studies have shown that it simply isn't true. Also statistically, children raised by same sex couples are more likely to go to college and make more money. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I always found this to be silly

blog_jesus_meme_8612-584.jpg

Hail Sithis!

I am not saying you do have any issues. Far from it. I don't want you to answer this but do/did you not wish you had a father growing up?

I do believe that a mother has a stronger influence on a child's upbringing. Maybe not always but definitely in the earlier years. Maybe it's less to do with our stereotypes and more to do with the fact that a child does spend the first 9 months of birth with the mother?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I am not saying you do have any issues. Far from it. I don't want you to answer this but do/did you not wish you had a father growing up?

I do believe that a mother has a stronger influence on a child's upbringing. Maybe not always but definitely in the earlier years. Maybe it's less to do with our stereotypes and more to do with the fact that a child does spend the first 9 months of birth with the mother?

I was raised by my grandparents, essentially neither of my parents had a say so in my upbringing. I would have rather been raised by 2 people of the same gender than my grandparents, my grandparents were homophobic and strongly religious. 

Hail Sithis!

Gender stereotypes are artificial anyways. There is no correlation at all between same sex couples raising children and their children growing up 'to be gay' countless studies have shown that it simply isn't true. Also statistically, children raised by same sex couples are more likely to go to college and make more money. 

I wasn't implying that the child would grow up to be gay (just putting that out there). Could the college thing have more to do with the fact that a gay couple who adopt are more likely to be well paid therefore the child has a better chance of going to college anyway?

My initial point was that I would've hated to have to grow up without a mother or a father (horrible to say as so many have had to). They both played a massive role in my life. I believe there is a difference between a woman's touch and a man's touch. The butches girls or the campest guys can't replicate it (however hard they try).

I didn't want a father growing up. I didn't need one because one wasn't there. I grew up very early. I was pretty much totally self-aware/sufficient at around 7 years old. I started cooking at age 5. The only thing I could not do was drive myself to school or pay my own bills. Everything else I did on my own. I started reading college level books at age 10, so I learned a lot more than I could have potentially learned from any one parent, on my own. I am autistic so that probably isn't a good baseline to measure from.

PSU

Oh and a happy new year from GMT+00! :)

I wasn't implying that the child would grow up to be gay (just putting that out there). Could the college thing have more to do with the fact that a gay couple who adopt are more likely to be well paid therefore the child has a better chance of going to college anyway?

My initial point was that I would've hated to have to grow up without a mother or a father (horrible to say as so many have had to). They both played a massive role in my life. I believe there is a difference between a woman's touch and a man's touch. The butches girls or the campest guys can't replicate it (however hard they try).

well that's because you were raised by 2 opposing gender parents. You would have a different opinion if you weren't.

Hail Sithis!

well that's because you were raised by 2 opposing gender parents. You would have a different opinion if you weren't.

I didn't want a father growing up. I didn't need one because one wasn't there. I grew up very early. I was pretty much totally self-aware/sufficient at around 7 years old. I started cooking at age 5. The only thing I could not do was drive myself to school or pay my own bills. Everything else I did on my own. I am autistic so that probably isn't a good baseline to measure from.

Do you believe in such a thing as a mothers love? (I'm not saying all women have it).

Do you believe in such a thing as a mothers love? (I'm not saying all women have it).

I believe that all parents love their children in some way or another. Some more so than others. But that has nothing to do with there being any kind of difference between a single female parent and a single male parent vs a male/female, male/male, female/female family unit. Love is love.

Distinctions made between genders are artificial. The only difference between genders are the traits that separate them (genitalia).

EDIT: Grammar

PSU

Not to sound silly, but I have no clue what 'mothers love' is. Do you believe in 'same sex couple's love' I think it's just relative to the child's upbringing. 

Hail Sithis!

I believe that all parents love their children in some way or another. Some more so than others. But that has nothing to do with there being any kind of difference between a single female parent and a single male parent vs a male/female, male/male, female/female family unit. Love is love.

Distinctions made between genders is artificial. The only difference between genders are the traits that separate them (genitalia).

^this

also do you believe that people are born how they are? or do you believe it's a choice?

Hail Sithis!

also do you believe that people are born how they are? or do you believe it's a choice?

If you are asking me: I think that the majority of who a person is probably deals with genetics. We are finding out that genetics control a lot of who we are as far as personality, sexuality, likes/dislikes go. That being said there are some learned behaviors and traits, but those make up a very small portion of the whole.

PSU

Not to sound silly, but I have no clue what 'mothers love' is. Do you believe in 'same sex couple's love' I think it's just relative to the child's upbringing. 

If you were raised by your grandparents then that kinda makes sense. Maybe not though and I am completely wrong here. I am not trying to offend anyone (my apologies if I have).

I think I will leave it here. None of us can argue our point because none of us have experienced what others have gone through.

If you are asking me: I think that the majority of who a person is probably related to genetics. We are finding out that genetics control a lot of who we are as far as personality, sexuality, likes/dislikes go. That being said there are some learned behaviors and traits, but those make up a very small portion of the whole.

Statistically a large portion population is a Kinsey 3 at some point in their life. I am a Kinsey 5-6.

I believe genetics have a part but the majority of people are unaware of the fact that Homosexual behavior isn't uncommon, so the fact that some of us are gay and others are slightly less gay :P

Hail Sithis!