heat wave in Europe

aezakmi

what's up with the heat in Europe?

just scrolling through news and I'm reading headlines like "The record temperature of 37C in the UK" "Sweltering 36C in Germany" or "36C in Greece causing fires"

Heatmap_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqlWuujQ8rEbI6Fa

I mean a dude just died in Germany because of 35C and I'm like what the actual F...

that'd be a pleasant spring day in my city xD

me with 52C

15fkab.jpg

rest of the world with 30C

fijYhTE.jpg

don't mind the spongebob screenshots

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

It’s often the homeless who dies and people who don’t know how to cool off. There’s a big heat wave in China as well I think. 

Just wear shorts and t-shirt and you’ll be fine. Drink plenty of water as well.

People aren't used to the heat mate. I get that some people can cope with it better than others, but ya can't bash people for it bud.

I work at Burger King in the US. Its hot as fuck, 90+ degrees. We have no air in the kitchen. THe only air we have is in the dinning room because the owner is a cheap bastard and would not replace the air condition unit. Now they are going to do it, but by the time they do, it will be fall and we wont need it. 

All I am saying, Im used to it being hotter than Satan's ball sack. I just drink a shit load of water, and my body produces sweat that helps keep me cool, and provides extra saltiness as my sweat drips in to the food.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Them wildfires at Sweden and Greece... reminds me of the Cedar Fire here back in 2003. ?

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

well 37ºc is what we got here every summer on spain :(

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

11 hours ago, aezakmi said:

what's up with the heat in Europe?

just scrolling through news and I'm reading headlines like "The record temperature of 37C in the UK" "Sweltering 36C in Germany" or "36C in Greece causing fires"

I mean a dude just died in Germany because of 35C and I'm like what the actual F...

A normal summer day in western and northern europe is between 20 and 25 degrees C, air is generally quite humid as well and air conditioning isn't a thing for households, aside from some people with a portable unit. So yeah, it's pretty much unbearable.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I am used to a hot summer day being at most 25c, most of the time the temperature is about 20-22c here in the summer. So I am far from used to 30-35c and AC units aren't really that normal where I live, basically only some few stores have them.

Congratulations on being used to the heat, but don't make fun of people that aren't. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

The heat in Germany is one reason of many reasons why I want to leave the country. AC isn´t a thing in homes and in many offices. Even the university I am in has AC in just a few rooms.

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

The heat in Germany is one reason of many reasons why I want to leave the country. AC isn´t a thing in homes and in many offices. Even the university I am in has AC in just a few rooms.

And move where? Even in the very north of Scandinavia it was 30+ this week, so there is nowhere to go :P 

...Antarctica or Greenland perhaps.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

15 hours ago, aezakmi said:

So you're calling someone who died weak? That's not very nice.

Also, the fires are mainly fueled by a record setting draught throughout most of Europe. 

Where I live we haven't had proper rainfall for over 2 months. 

The earth is pretty much dry and dead everytwhere.

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

...Antarctica or Greenland perhaps.

The Vostok Weather Station isn't looking too bad

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/antarctica/vostok-station

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

And move where? Even in the very north of Scandinavia it was 30+ this week, so there is nowhere to go :P

Switzerland and other countries in the Alpine only report 28°C these days. It is still hot but still acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Switzerland and other countries in the Alpine only report 28°C these days. It is still hot but still acceptable. 

Don't be fooled, Austria and Switzerland can also have heat waves this bad.

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Don't be fooled, Austria and Switzerland can also have heat waves this bad.

Yes, but I assume it is less likely tho I haven´t been paying that much attention.

I went from living in the Netherlands to Australia. It took my body a while to adapt, I must admit.

air is generally quite humid as well and air conditioning isn't a thing for households, aside from some people with a portable unit. So yeah, it's pretty much unbearable.

Agreed mate, it's just a matter on how well the body adapts to the heat. I mean, if your body is exposed to the heat it will adjust accordingly but if its only for a few days it becomes unbearable. But like I said before, OP literally had a mini rant about a dude dying because of the temperature, and just because he bears the temps he thinks everyone should...

Think it is time to repost this old meme...

pryaNSw.jpg

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Yeah, pretty much acclimation like others stated.  Though, 25C to me is tame, but that because I grew up down here in the South which is basically a sub-tropical zone (so, 35C+ is par for the course during the Summers).  On the other hand, I despise cold weather which anything below 16C makes me want to stay inside.  Though, I was wondering where the heatwave that usually is down here went off to this year.  Seems it went to visit Europe this year.

19 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Just wear shorts and t-shirt and you’ll be fine. Drink plenty of water as well.

Highly agree.  Even as someone use to hot weather.  I seen individuals around here fall out from just normal Summer heat because they don't drink enough water.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

10 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Seems it went to visit Europe this year.

And Idaho.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

And Idaho.

Yeah. So odd.  I mean, its like deep Summer and the temps are staying at or below the low 90F here.  It usually be over 100F+ here during this time.

Can't super complain, at least my A/C unit don't have to run like crazy to keep the inside cooled down this year (even though I leave the temps inside at 80F/26C).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just now, Ithanul said:

Yeah. So odd.  I mean, its like deep Summer and the temps are staying at or below the low 90F here.  It usually be over 100F+ here during this time.

Can't super complain, at least my A/C unit don't have to run like crazy to keep the inside cooled down this year (even though I leave the temps inside at 80F/26C).

It usually hits 100F for like a week in the start of July. It's been like a month of hell.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 26.7.2018 at 12:08 PM, Teddy07 said:

You and me, Alaska. Come on, lets do it.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Any dramatic shift in temperature doesn't go well for people: case and point most of Australia is fine with the heat but the death toll during winter doubles that of Sweden because people (particularly the homeless & elderly) aren't equipped for the winter: houses aren't built to withstand it etc. 

8 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Any dramatic shift in temperature doesn't go well for people: case and point most of Australia is fine with the heat but the death toll during winter doubles that of Sweden because people (particularly the homeless & elderly) aren't equipped for the winter: houses aren't built to withstand it etc. 

yeah I guess it would happen the same here if winter temps were -20 instead of 20

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

There are a couple of reasons why us germans are hit pretty hard by this heat wave. (you could apply this to any country with a "sudden" change in climate in a specific period.)

1.) Our whole Infrastructure isnt buildt for this kind of sustained heat. There are a lot of recently (last 25 Years or so) build buildings who were never exposed to this climate conditon, nor were they planned to do so because 100+ yrs of weather histroy and climate predictions let us to belive it just wasnt necessarry. The building my office is located in was build in 2000 and worked perfectly within the last 15 years. During the Winter the installed heaters provided enough warmth to keep the offices warm, but not hot. And during the summer, even though no AC is installed, the building itself didnt heat up so with a fan it was warm but not uberhot. Within the last 2 weeks our building kept heating up because even during night time it just did not get cool enough to reduce the temps. So atm every room is between 27 and 29°C,top floors over 30. This applys for domestiv units as well, esp. highrises and our very popular apartment buildings (6-12 Households over 3 to 4 storys). And dont get me started on public transportation,almost all of the wagons and busses dont have powerful AC so its literally an oven in there. We are used to a pretty wide spectrum of temperatures here (-20 to +32 °) were the usual "spreads" within the last 30yrs. But in avg. it was ok because mainly those extreme temps (over 30°/Summer and below -20 Winter) only peaked for a very short period, so our stuff was able to withstand.

2.) "Human Factor"
If your Body never experienced so much heat over such a long period of time and suddenly it happends, it shocks the system. If you put an aussie for 2 Weeks in an skandinavian winter and force him to go along with his everyday life as if nothing has changed.well you get the picture. And, (im guilty of this as well) its hard to work the extra maintenance, which is clearly needed during this heat, in your daily cicle. i have to force myself to drink a lot of water, and im glad that i have the opportunity to do so. Lots of people simply arent able to keep this up for a longer period of time. I.E. a lot of my friends work retail and the basic principle of intake equals outtake disrupts their life as well. Meaning, lots of people may have access to water during their day, but getting said water out on a hourly base is muuch muuuch harder. There are so many jobs without regular acces to a toilett if you think about it... So they just dont drink the extra 1-2L, and boom their blood pressure cardio circulation goes down and they collapse.

3.) Its a mean kind of heat.
I was visiting spain a cpl. of years ago and it was also 35°C,but it was a diffrent kind of heat. You could be outside and not beeing an instant human waterfall. Same thing in Egypt.  But his heat we have atm is pure sultriness (sorry had to google the translation there, i´ve never heard this word, i hope its used in the english language). Most of the time we dont have any airflow whatsoever, and when a little breeze comes it feels like somone is using a hair dryer in your face. Its sticky, the air feels thick and unbreathable. And due to this condition sweating isnt remotly as effective as it is during a dry heat, so stupid body is like ok, if a little sweat doesnt help, how about a big fat one..  Btw. same thing during winter sometimes, due to the outside moistuire it might just be -10° or so, but it feels so much worse than dry -20° during a clean dry winter. So please dont compare you 30°C in Spain, Australia or even Texas to 30° in Germany or elsewhere in europe north of italy. keywords here are aride and humid climate.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, RorzNZ said:

Just wear shorts and t-shirt and you’ll be fine.

Let me just go to the office in shorts and a tee. I'm sure my boss won't mind! >:(

Women do have it easier because we can wear skirts though.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |