Swap iPhone 8 for G6 and S7 Edge?

Froody129

Looking to get off my  iPhone 8 and this trade has opened up. Would you take it?

That's an F in the profile pic

I don't know about pricing, but s7 is really decent phone, maybe not as good as s8 but good enough :) 

Would be a downgrade. LG is a brand to avoid these days thanks to the horrible reliability of their phones and the S7 is an end of life product. The only sensible swap would be a S9 or Pixel 2.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

27 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

No, would not do it. s7 edge has its own issues and G6 is not worth the trade combined either. Would do s8 or s9 if you can

Been looking at S8s and S9s anyway, just wanted to check if this was worth going for.

10 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Would be a downgrade. LG is a brand to avoid these days thanks to the horrible reliability of their phones and the S7 is an end of life product. The only sensible swap would be a S9 or Pixel 2.

I really thought LG makes good phones... thanks for the help then. The guy didn't want to add cash to the offer so I declined.

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I really thought LG makes good phones... thanks for the help then. The guy didn't want to add cash to the offer so I declined.

Build and design wise, yes. But the issue is the infamous boot loop problem. If the G6 is affected, not sure, but basically all devices since the G3 have issues with this.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Build and design wise, yes. But the issue is the infamous boot loop problem. If the G6 is affected, not sure, but basically all devices since the G3 have issues with this.

Ah, I see. I'll avoid the G6 if I can then

35 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Please take off your tinted glasses. No LG bootloop issue since the G6 release. If you want to smear the phone, please provide evidence that it is a widespread issue.

Never said the G6 had the issue, but when literally ALL flagships since the G3 have had the issue, it's hard not to be ever so slightly biased.

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

And you are steering people away from a perfectly fine product just because of your bias, instead of verifying facts

That is not cool...

Oh golly gee, call the police! As soon as LG can prove the G6 isn't another looping turd, I'll adjust my opinion :P 

38 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Oh golly gee, call the police! As soon as LG can prove the G6 isn't another looping turd, I'll adjust my opinion :P 

To be fair the G5 and V20 are also not known as phones that are particularly likely to boot loop

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Please take off your tinted glasses. No LG bootloop issue since the G6 release. If you want to smear the phone, please provide evidence that it is a widespread issue.

I would only consider if they are both sealed brand new. For the S7 Edge get it a case asap because the screen bug is caused by hard drops. A lot of glass on the phone that is prone to shattering and fingerprints anyway. The battery is great though.

Are you not happy with your iPhone?

Both are used. The guy eventually cancelled for a P20 Pro swap. 

I'm very unhappy with it. The battery is atrocious and the screen is tiny for how big and heavy the phone is. iOS is also not my cup of tea. The biggest issue I have is that my phone doesn't last the day