Intel Core i7 8086K confirmed

NumLock21
4 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I mean... you should really give it to them. This market strategy works! Now you only need to give it a special name (“aniversary edition”) and say there is not a lot of stock (“limited edition”) and unfortunate people will buy it anyways:

I never actually said I would buy it, just that I was tempted to.

1 hour ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

base 4.0 ghz turbo to 5.0 ghz I am wondering why don't they just bump the base up at this point

There wouldn't be enough binning to take that chance decreasing the stock and profits, single core boost of 5ghz when the all cores turbo is still the same of the i7 8700 / 8700K 4.3ghz is a lot easier to achieve making this an extra free profit from the i7 8700K... ditch the stock for the i7 8790K 8c/16t release I'm sure.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I never actually said I would buy it, just that I was tempted to.

Still good enough, no? :P

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

It's a lot cheaper than buying a binned chip that gets the same results. This would be perfect for people wanting even higher performance without messing around with overclocks. 

I guess if you can get decent/similar performance without spending the extra $70 on a z series board then you're probably right.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Maybe they'd actually put good thermal paste of this one... eh prolly not.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

19 hours ago, mr moose said:

I guess if you can get decent/similar performance without spending the extra $70 on a z series board then you're probably right.

The only way this CPU could make any sense is if it had an ALL CORES boost of 5ghz so you could make up its extra cost going with a b360 instead of a high end premium z370.

The way it is, literally this is just an i7 8700K with a single core boost of 5ghz instead of 4.7ghz, EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING IS IDENTICAL... God Intel will milk some good money from fanboys and idiots here...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

The only way this CPU could make any sense is if it had an ALL CORES boost of 5ghz so you could make up its extra cost going with a b360 instead of a high end premium z370.

The way it is, literally this is just an i7 8700K with a single core boost of 5ghz instead of 4.7ghz, EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING IS IDENTICAL... God Intel will milk some good money from fanboys and idiots here...

You know that while I have said many people who buy into this are morons, there are a handful who I think could justify paying the extra for it from a nostalgic view point.  It's kinda like replica swords and movie props etc. Some people will buy it as a table piece they can use rather than being fooled into thinking its great because it has a special name. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

might as well windows registry name chance an i7 8700K for free :3
who'll know?

Personal Desktop":

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

might as well windows registry name chance an i7 8700K for free :3
who'll know?

Me, I'll know.  It would be like driving a fiberglass replica and pretending it's genuine. 

On 6/1/2018 at 3:15 AM, asus killer said:

maybe if the plan is to completely obliterate AMD.

Actually AMD have taken double digits of market share away from AMD, and the 2000 series Ryzen launch was very strong as well.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

10 minutes ago, Juanitology said:

Actually AMD have taken double digits of market share away from AMD, and the 2000 series Ryzen launch was very strong as well.

I assume you mean they have taken market share from Intel, which is true, but it's no where near double digits.  It's 2.1% at best.

And this does not reflect long term trends, it only looks at the last 12 months of AmD's market share. 

I'm planning on getting at least one of these in for binning to see how it does and what overclock I can get, if it's better than my current 8700k that can do 5.3Ghz at 1.36v I'll keep it. If not then I'll sell it as a binned, delidded chip with an aftermarket IHS and maybe break even.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

I wonder what they'd do for the anniversary of the 286, because it wasn't uncommon for them to be described as braindead (what's multitasking).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If I were looking to do a new build, I'd grab this. That said, Overclockers UK always came off as cultist to me tbh

lol only fanboys will buy this! I think this 8086k comes with a sticker for your ass that says "Intel Inside". The ripoffs are great :D

Bolivia.

Omg a new cpu that is shiny and new .... ohhhh.....awwwww... 5ghz.....awwww... 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

8 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

lol only fanboys will buy this! I think this 8086k comes with a sticker for your ass that says "Intel Inside". The ripoffs are great :D

Pretty much the point of it to be honest.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 6/2/2018 at 11:51 PM, mr moose said:

I assume you mean they have taken market share from Intel, which is true, but it's no where near double digits.  It's 2.1% at best.

And this does not reflect long term trends, it only looks at the last 12 months of AmD's market share. 

yeah I meant away from Intel. Different surveys put them at anywhere between 15-20% and climbing and per the last LTT video on amazon sales, they've got 4 of the top ten best seller spots on amazon.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

1 hour ago, Juanitology said:

yeah I meant away from Intel. Different surveys put them at anywhere between 15-20% and climbing and per the last LTT video on amazon sales, they've got 4 of the top ten best seller spots on amazon.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/264853-independent-research-shows-amds-cpu-market-share-steadily-climbing

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-cpu-gpu-market-share,36592.html

They rose to 10.9% by 3rd quarter last year from 9%.  that's 2.1% growth while Intel lost 1.9%, That's not double digits. 

I wonder if they'll do an i7-8088k when they release their 8 core/16 thread parts?

21 minutes ago, mr moose said:

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/264853-independent-research-shows-amds-cpu-market-share-steadily-climbing

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-cpu-gpu-market-share,36592.html

They rose to 10.9% by 3rd quarter last year from 9%.  that's 2.1% growth while Intel lost 1.9%, That's not double digits. 

ah ok, the numbers I saw were from the steam hardware survey. I guess AMD CPUs are more popular with gamers/streamers than the general public.

1 minute ago, Juanitology said:

ah ok, the numbers I saw were from the steam hardware survey. I guess AMD CPUs are more popular with gamers/streamers than the general public.

Very probable.

37 minutes ago, Juanitology said:

35 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Very probable.

Also, depending on when you checked the survey, they might've been falsely inflated due to Chinese cybercafes being counted multiple times:

Around August 2017, we started seeing larger-than-usual movement in certain stats, notably an increase in Windows 7 usage, an increase in quad-core CPU usage, as well as changes in CPU and GPU market share. This period also saw a large increase in the use of Simplified Chinese. All of these coincided with an increase in Steam usage in cyber cafes in Asia, whose customers were being over counted in the survey.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones