Battlefield 5 Revealed [Update 2] - No more Premium Edition and No Lootboxes

AlTech

I'm not even interested in the game but man, the amount of hate just because they added women to the game, and crying about that as the worst historic and unrealistic part while talking about a BF game is beyond ridiculous. What a shitstorm. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Cosmetic micro-transactions? Siege does it properly, but EA will probably make you choose between orange and pink camo with all good camo patterns available as microtransactions. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Good that Premium Edition is dead and specially that it's not a p2w game haha. 

Would've liked they showed more of it. But I guess we'll see in time and how they approached WWII history wise. As far as new modes, I'd expect they'll preparing a BR mode as well though. I mean it's a BF game with large maps and they mentioned a bit about destructibles which would be cool in BR in this game, also something about building and fortifications which reminded me of R6S and Fortnite so who knows.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Is that woman an alien or something? I don't get it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I’m prepped for any form of lootboxes to make a return...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

-Thread cleaned-

Keep comments respectful and on-topic.

I'll go one step further and say mental illnesses are not a joke. Don't joke about them, as that would violate our third forum rule as well as give the impression that you're not a good person. Keep that in mind, please.

"Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Since the developers of both this and CoD have completely deviated from history, when will they change the franchise title to G.I. Joe Simulator?

3 hours ago, Himommies said:

I love it when games take the R6 approach to DLC

WAIIIT, we are not sure yet! Has everyone lost their long term memory?

Has everyone forgotten the times EA promised free DLC an did NOT deliver?

I would put a Plane Carrier full of salt on that info if I were you.

I will buy the game until I have seen multiple reviews from trustworthy sources that confirm that the game is worth buying

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

RIP Call Of Duty.

Press F to pay respects.

You clearly don't realize a great number of people, including myself, still only plays Call of Duty for the single player campaign which has always been crap on Battlefield games.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

no DLC (besides stuff that doesn't matter.. like skins)? pay $60 and you get access to the full game?

Guys is it finally happening ?!?!?!?! the era of pay once, play your game, and be done is back?!

I'm pretty sure EA will release expansion packs or whatever.

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

RIP Call Of Duty.

Press F to pay respects.

Why? BF is a fairly shit game, going back to doing something that's been excessively overdone and has little room for meaningful differentiation, isn't going to do a damn thing to CoD.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

pink camo with all good camo

Excuse you? Pink is the BEST camo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Excuse you? Pink is the BEST camo.

Pink is the "You died, b#tch. Try again." camo. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Pink is the "You died, b#tch. Try again." camo. 

Metal Gear had pink camo didn't he?

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Metal Gear had pink camo didn't he?

He did [in Peace Walker], but I'm referring to actual multi-player usage. I can already hear EA salivating over how camo "cosmetic" upgrades will be sold to definitely not improve the customization for players. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

He did [in Peace Walker], but I'm referring to actual multi-player usage. I can already hear EA salivating over how camo "cosmetic" upgrades will be sold to definitely not improve the customization for players. 

It can be fun to dress up, but I highly doubt wearing actual tactical colors or Hunter orange we me a difference in this game since I can't feel like PUBG is going to have more stealth and tactics than this...

Battlefield is the closest thing I could find to Planetside 2 as a FPS I would enjoy. Depending on how the upcoming changes to the meta of PS2 go I may or may not be interested in a new FPS game.

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

PS: The initial hackathon that will surely ensure will definitely not care what color your camo is.

But agreed. They (EA) couldn't monetize the skins in Star Wars...

The game footage we've seen so far has been XBox footage. If the game looks this great on the XBox, imagine how awesome it will look on a decent gaming PC. I may have to do a new custom build just for this game.:D

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am looking forward to BFV. I've played every other BF game, except for BF2142, and plan to play BFV as well.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Snip

I agree with your whole post, but I do think lootboxes are the least of our concerns. Everyone got upset and had a conversation about Activision creating an adjustable MP algorithm that can be used to adjust financial motivation if young players, but EA is doing the same thing and not to many people raised an eyebrow.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/ea-matchmaking-microtransactions-eomm-engagement-patent

TL:DR;

“Within the EOMM framework, the core building components, skill model, churn model and graph pairing model, are uncoupled so that they can be tuned and replaced independently. Moreover, we can even change the objective function to other core game metrics of interest, such as play time, retention, or spending. EOMM allows one to easily plug in different types of predictive models to achieve the optimisation.”

It's only an application at this time, submitted in 2016, and I be guess is preferred to be utilized on a later game that has a single player focus; however, if there is a way to monetize the absolute shit out of a franchise, I'm sure it'll be EA.

3 hours ago, crosstiger said:

There will be lootboxes guaranteed. I think the end of the premium pass is a big indication for it. But if it is only customization and can be obtained fully by playing I think I'm good with this. Unless no stupid amount of game time is required for it...

Now gameplay wise I'm extremely worried about explosions fiddling with the movement? Did I get that right? So if a grenade explodes next to you, you will stumble to the side? If that's true that will be a BIG no no. Have they never played Metro or Locker? Seriously?

Also I didn't quite get that Company thingy. What is that supposed to be? A rename of the load-outs? That is what it seems to me. Being able to create multiple soldiers with different type of equipment? Sounds like loud-outs to me. Not really worth mentioning.

If EA had learned anything from Battlefront 2 they'll choose not to put loot boxes in this game. Especially since they lost 2 billion in revenue due to the whole thing.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Battlefield 5 calls its live service Tides of War, and this mode will launch a month after the main game's October 19 release date. Instead of a "season," Tides of War will offer players "Chapters" to play through. Each Chapter will be available for two to three months (exact length hasn't been nailed down) and will include themed multiplayer events, co-op missions, and War Stories. Once that Chapter is over though, it's over. No going back and replaying old content - such is the nature of the games as a service model.

Put a bit more simply, Tides of War is like a season pass, but broken up into smaller, more easily digested chunks. If anything, thanks to the limited time aspect, it kind of sounds even more like a traditional TV season, ie. 'Be sure to tune in next week to witness more harrowing adventures of Sergeant Squarejaw McGraw!'

https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-season-pass-details-tides-of-war/

Well then... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

no DLC (besides stuff that doesn't matter.. like skins)? pay $60 and you get access to the full game?

Guys is it finally happening ?!?!?!?! the era of pay once, play your game, and be done is back?!

DLC is nothing new.

Battlefield 1942 had two expansion packs.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti