Battlefield 5 Revealed [Update 2] - No more Premium Edition and No Lootboxes

AlTech

Battlefield 5 will not be pay to win

Riiiiight.... just like BF3 and BF4

yeah and I'm Santa.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Hopefully it's nothing like BF1, was not a fan of that at all. I'd rather have had a Bad company 3 though.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Did you change your profile pic or something? You're a mod with 10k posts and I somehow don't recognize you... I'm really bad with names.

His name is PC_GUY

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Is it safe to say that Battlefield 5 has completely moved away from single player as well?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

It has Rotterdam in it :o

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

2 hours ago, Carclis said:

Is it safe to say that Battlefield 5 has completely moved away from single player as well?

Actually no. They are still doing Singleplayer.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

27 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Actually no. They are still doing Singleplayer.

21 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Campaign in the same style as Battlefield 1

And you have AI squadmates you get to customize, to play in certain scenarios against AI

Monetization in cosmetics done proper this time without Lucasarts/Disney standing in the way

No more pay to win elements

Eh... If the single player campaign is like Battlefield 1 then they might as well have no campaign. That campaign was such a disappointment. And as far as I'm concerned the only monetization done right are actual expansions that add new and meaningful content to the game.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You are not EA's only customer. There are people who buy just for singleplayer, not joking. And full blown expansions work just like DLC to segment the playerbase, only to a greater extent. People whined about Premium/DLC and they listened. They made Battlefront 2 and people still whine. Cosmetics don't work when you don't own the IP. 

And now Battlefield V, EA can finally ditch every monetization model everyone has been whining about because they own the Battlefield IP and can go ham with cosmetics just like CSGO/Overwatch. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but cosmetics is the lesser of the evils.

Yeah, I get that. I just don't think the single player that they offered in Battlefield 1 was really worth the effort and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. They may as well have just focused those efforts onto adding more content and modes to the multiplayer. As for Expansions, I feel like the reason they segment the community is because they're not meaningful additions to the game. If expansions were taken seriously and sold as genuinely game-enhancing products then they would serve to re-ignite interest in the game instead of killing it.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

the excellent BF4 already exists.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/excellent

Because BF4 is also pretty fucking shitty.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This type of games should loose single player campaigns, it's pointless and even if some buy it just for that they are clearly the small exception. Make a Battlefield just for MP and another like Doom or Wolfenstein focused on SP if you like.

It's a waste of time and money to insert a small SP campaign most don't care about on what is a MP game.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Funny you see it that way. If you have not realized yet, that the multiplayer component has always been the main dish in Battlefield. EA/Dice will never skimp on multiplayer just to make a campaign. The campaign can be taken as optional. Take it as free content. You have a choice not to play it. They do this to benefit the player and cater to as many as possible. And not having paid expansions doesn't mean we are not getting any post launch content. Again, more benefit to us and we don't get punished by empty servers on old maps. They do this all for the players and people still manage to find something to whine about. Amazing. You realize it is impossible to satiate everyone who has their unique opinion of the game. They will cater to the mass majority.

I'm just saying that everything that comes with the game at launch or post-launch is included in the price whether you realise it or not ;)

You can be happy with the way they have distributed their efforts if you like, but you can be sure that less content will be available post-launch than if they had charged you separately for it. Nothing is ever free.

29 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Its receiving hate for all the wrong reasons. Its a videogame, not a history lesson. The people hating and claiming they will not buy just because of one trailer... are the shallow idiots actual players won't have to face ingame. The people who want another modern game are just asking for the franchise's demise because the excellent BF4 already exists. If Dice made another modern shooter this soon, it would give internet plebs the tangible reason they have been looking for to roast the franchise even harder.

Agreed, people were asking for more character customization and DICE gave them just that. More character customization, don't like the female skins? Well guess what? Don't use them, they aren't going to force them down your throat. A lot of them are forgetting the very good things about this game, such as, no loot boxes, no premium pass, not pay to win etc. 

It's not like BF1 was historically accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but soldiers in WW1 were not running around with Hellriegels and Automaticos.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Looks like we're gonna have black disabled female nazis. Yay! Realism!

te9460a.jpg.518abdd73033d13b80355f6f1c5247c7.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

where are you going to blend into? a cotton candy basin? o_o

Yeah nothing really blends in these games, so no point in using accurate camos.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

37 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

don't like the female skins? Well guess what? Don't use them, they aren't going to force them down your throat.

It's not like BF1 was historically accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but soldiers in WW1 were not running around with Hellriegels and Automaticos.

Except they are forced down your throat because even if the player elects not to use them his teammates and opponents still can, what you're saying makes no sense anyway as it's an FPS game and you can't see your own character.

BF1 was also absolutely slated for being ludicrously inaccurate.

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Campaign in the same style as Battlefield 1

And you have AI squadmates you get to customize, to play in certain scenarios against AI

Monetization in cosmetics done proper this time without Lucasarts/Disney standing in the way

No more pay to win elements

You know it's great EA marketing when everyone is running around screaming LOOK NO MORE PREMIUM!

Though I hope the game is better than the trailer, because they said fck any historical accuracy and took the "Inglorious Bastards" route of just throwing in a ton of cinematic explosions and visually appealing aspects like hipfiring a fighter plane down with a few bullets and a guy wielding a katana on his back.

EA is obviously going to monetize the sh*t out of characters and vehicles,and put better stuff behind a paywall at some point and have some excuse like "uh,well we meant those characters/vehicles if you don't want to be a pleb pay up LUL".

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/excellent

Because BF4 is also pretty fucking shitty.

Compared to?

BF4 is one of the best BF titles yet and still has quite a playerbase 4-ish almost 5years later now.

12 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Compared to?

Bad Company 1 and 2, any/every CoD, CS: GO, Red Orchestra, Verdun, GITS:SAC: First Assault, and any/every Rainbow Six.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

13 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Excuse you? Pink is the BEST camo.

The only camo*

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

the cover background looks exactly like bf1 lol

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Bad Company 1 and 2, any/every CoD, CS: GO, Red Orchestra, Verdun, GITS:SAC: First Assault, and any/every Rainbow Six.

While i was hoping for another Bad Company,most COD multiplayer games die out after just a few years. Didn't GITS:SAC get shut down? Verdun is fine if you want near full accurate trench warfare which gets boring. Rainbow six, the Red Orchestra series are almost a whole other genre in comparison to Battlefield especially BF3&4. CS:GO is old,stale and starting to decline to the rise of battle royale titles.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to BF3 and BC2

At least the former has a team of people creating their own set of servers

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Meanwhile, I'm going back to BF3 and BC2

At least the former has a team of people creating their own set of servers

Haven't played bf3 in a hot sec... I must be absolute ass at it, I know I can't play bf4 for too long because it feels clunky

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

EA has confirmed to IGN that there will in fact be no lootboxes in Battlefield V. Cosmetic Micro-transactions are also confirmed.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),