Infuriating Razer support is ghosting on me after making me wait for 5 MONTHS

Hi,
I'm an owner of a 2017 razer blade pro.
I need to be able to permanently bind "end" keyboard key functionality to any key. Right now it gets reset at every restart of synapse.

Unfortunately after acknowledging the problem razer support in their infinite wisdom decided to employ ghosting on their own customer; they neither answer to my emails, nor twitter direct messages and/or mentions.
The case started on January, we've yet to come to any meaningful resolution.

I won't be even talking about the right speaker started giving crackling noises shortly after I started to use the laptop, and there's an annoying noise coming both from hard drive and fans.

I remember Linus saying that they try to make sponsors of LTT resolve issues of their customers so I thought I write about it here.

When i complain about it to them, Amazon gave me %20 discount as an apology of how horrible the Razer support is.

Following is the mails between me an razer support.
Below there their twitter support account ghosting on me

Soul Reaver
Mon 5/14/2018, 1:04 PM

It's getting closer to 5 months.
Do i have to wait years for your team to send ANY update?

Do you think them don't even giving an update like "We acknowledge the problem and we're working on it" IN 5 WHOLE MONTHS acceptable form of support?

Soul Reaver
Sat 3/3/2018, 12:42 PM
Razer Support;

It has been more than a month without any word.
Every time i open the razer blade i have to do the rebinding. Which is very annoying.
How much longer do i have to "give them time"?

Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:49 PM
To: Soul Reaver-SS
Subject: Re: Case# 01591000: Social Escalation_Synapse

Hi Aykut,

Thank you for taking the time in responding to our email. I did tried replicating the same key bind on our end and got the same result as you did. Normally since this the key bind can normally be done when using the On Screen Keyboard, we'll need the intervention of our Development Team at this point. This case will be endorsed to them, along with the logs you have provided. Please give them time to further review the logs.

I'd like to thank you for extending your time and patience during this process.

All the best,
Reynold D.
Razer Tier 2 Software Support Representative

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 1/28/2018 12:49 AM
To: support-us@razersupport.com
Subject: Re: Case# 01591000: Social Escalation_Synapse

Hi Reynold.

Creating a new profile, didn't work.

Using a test profile, didn't work.

clean reinstall of Synapse, didn't work either!

Reynold, I believe I have an important clue about the root of the problem;
If and only if i were to use a keyboard key that is not available on the default razer blade keyboard layout with the help of windows 10 on-screen keyboard, that the rebinding doesn't persist through restarts of snaps and/or computer.
The roots of this sneaking suspicion doesn't even end there Reynold. Look at this image:

[cid:35ad2962-2561-48ed-aa09-3c4b955a57e9]

This image is taken after I've entered "end" key to the rebind key box. Anything out of the ordinary? Yes, it doesn't even recognize the "end" key or something, since there's no text of the reassigned "end" key that I've just entered to the box. If you're wondering; yes the rebinding of "end" key still works but until I restart synapse.

Can we investigate the problem from this aspect since we've covered the usual diagnostics steps, please?
I thought the guy/department that's responsible for implementing this functionality would have a much needed valuable insight about this specific instance of this problem.
Don't you think?
Before sending me any other textbook diagnostic steps, can you at least try the same steps on a razer blade pro keyboard and confirm to me that the "end" key rebind from either win 10 on screen keyboard or a physical keyboard works, and the problem I'm experiencing is "just me"?

I'm hoping you won't tell me not to use Windows 10 on-screen keyboard, Reynold.
Because i need my end key functionality and since it's neither on the default keyboard, nor on the Razer synapse options, I have the option of either plugging and rebinding end key from an external keyboard, or using win 10 on-screen keyboard.

Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:13 AM
To:
Soul Reaver-SS
Subject: Case# 01591000: Social Escalation_Synapse

Hello Aykut,

Thank you for contacting Razer Support.

I'm Reynold from the Tier 2 department. I will be the one to assist you further on this case.

In regards to your inquiry regarding the custom key bind on the End key, this is most likely an issue with the profile.
To help us isolate the issue, please perform the following task below.

1. Create a new profile.
- Open Synapse and click on System.
- On the keyboard tab, click on the + button under profiles.
- Type in a new profile name.
- Assign the End button with your custom key bind.
- Restart the computer and check if the key bind is working.

2. Using a test account.
- Please logout on Synapse and use this account:
Username: razertest12345@outlook.com
Password: razer12345
- create the custom key bind for the End button and restart the computer to check if the key bind is working.

If the Step 1 key bind for the new profile works, we'll need to delete the previous profile and use the current profile you're using. We might need to transfer other custom key binds you made into that profile as well.

If Step 2 works fine and Step 1 doesn't, we will need to perform a profile reset on your account to delete the corrupted profile from the cloud server and prevent it from syncing back.
The profile reset will remove all of your profiles created on Synapse. If you have profiles that you want to keep using, please create a backup for it.

If ever we will proceed with Step 2, we will also need to perform a clean reinstall of Synapse to make sure the corrupted profile will not sync to the cloud server.

Below are the steps on how to perform a clean reinstall of Synapse:
1. Open the Task Manager and end all process related to Razer and Synapse.
2. Open Programs and Features and uninstall Razer Synapse and Razer SDK Core Components.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Delete all Razer folders you can find in C:\Program Files(x86) and C:\Program Data\. The Program Data folder is set to hidden by default so you might need to change the folder option first.
5. Open the Device Manager and look for the drivers for all of your Razer devices. Uninstall all of the drivers you can find for the Razer devices and make sure to select the option to delete the drivers as well. Restart the computer again.
6. Temporarily turn off the Windows Firewall and anti-virus program.
Download and install the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework (4.5 and above) at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115
7. Download the latest installer for Synapse here: http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=2116&nav=0,343,239 and run the installer as admin.
8. Sign in with your account and wait for the updates to finish. Proceed with the restart after the update.

Let me know how it goes.

I look forward to your response.

All the best,
Reynold D.
Razer Tier II Software Support Representative

ref:_00D301H0hE._5000c1USbfP:ref

This is Razer support on twitter:
image.png.6ac67c1c21dc660554a1a056d10fa5b9.png

This is why we do not recommend razer blade laptops on this forum.

Or razer products in general.

Sorry for your loss :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

This is why we do not recommend razer blade laptops on this forum.

Or razer products in general.

Sorry for your loss :(

Except their horrible support and some problems I'm very happy with their laptop design and functionality.
Sadly they're like apple of Windows laptops; there aren't many equivalent devices to blades on the market. There are even very few devices with touch pad on the right part of keyboard which is how i prefer.

3 minutes ago, SoulReaver-SS said:

Except their horrible support and some problems I'm very happy with their laptop design and functionality.
Sadly they're like apple of Windows laptops; there aren't many equivalent devices to blades on the market. There are even very few devices with touch pad on the right part of keyboard which is how i prefer.

Their design is nice, functionality is good, the problem is their quality and support.

Plenty of razer products (especially the laptops) have issues after only a few months or years, just as you experienced.

When you replace it I would suggest going with an XPS laptop or macbook pro with windows on it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, SoulReaver-SS said:

there aren't many equivalent devices to blades on the market.

Dell XPS :D

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

29 minutes ago, SoulReaver-SS said:

Sadly they're like apple of Windows laptops

not by a long shot. maybe in terms of looks and price, but that's it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

@SoulReaver-SS I feel your pain here, but since Razer's software is closed source, you're really at their mercy for an update or a fix. :( Also, you might want to redact your email address from this post to prevent spam bots from picking up on it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

47 minutes ago, SoulReaver-SS said:

Dell XPS? I'm not too great at the portable stuff but they seem pretty good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

19 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

not by a long shot. maybe in terms of looks and price, but that's it.

Yah, apple support just says "no we won't repair it, buy a new one" instead of cutting you off :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

49 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When you replace it I would suggest going with an XPS laptop or macbook pro with windows on it.

XPS 15 and MBP also have issues. This shouldn't happen in such expensive laptops

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, ZM Fong said:

XPS 15 and MBP also have issues. This shouldn't happen in such expensive laptops

Of course they have issues. There is no perfection. But that's why customer service exists, or well it does outside of Razer. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Man razer sucks, they do overpriced stuff and they don't even have a GOOD customer support. Those 2 reasons are why i never buy razer products.

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

5 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Far, far less issues.

Especially considering the fact that they sell like 1000x more than razer blades.

Much better quality and customer service.

Spoiler

Yeah it's funny that even though Linus himself has made so much propaganda of Razer you'll be amazed to know the Forum on its greatest majority is extremely anti-Razer.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)