Words That You Can & Cannot Say On These Forums

Geekazoid

So...it has come to my attention that it seems that you can pretty much use any word on these forums so as long as you are not directing it at someone. However, if there were to be a list of words that you could and could not say on these forums what do you think they should be?

I won't start.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

So...it has come to my attention that it seems that you can pretty much use any word on these forums so as long as you are not directing it at someone. However, if there were to be a list of words that you could and could not say on these forums what do you think hey should be?

I won't start.

Probably nigger. Usually not okay to say at all even if it's not directed.

Edit: Also whenever you've got a doubt about whether or not a word is okay, there's always similar words to use possibly with a less offensive meaning.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread probably isn't a good idea :P

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

its not exactly a word, but i dont think it should be allowed to say to somebody "kill yourself" or anything in that direction

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This thread probably isn't a good idea :P

^

Micro-USB.

Linus hates them.

the word are

apple

mac

iphone

ipad

ipod

and Linus's sandals

Manners Maketh Man

If this forum ever implements a banned list on words, there should be a filter that changes things related to Linus in some way. :P

"That stupid Rocket is such a Slicking Rumble Edzel!"

Okay, okay...so, I guess what I'm getting at is several people on here have often posted posts with lots of profanities, usually strong ones like (rhymes with puck) as well as (rhymes with spit) and they seem to be able to post that kind of language, and lots of it might I add, and not get any warnings whatsoever. It's not that I like getting anyone into trouble but if these forums are supposed to be friendly I don't believe (rhymes with truck) and (sounds the same as ship) have any place on these forums. However this is just my opinion, what are your thoughts on this guys?

Okay, okay...so, I guess what I'm getting at is several people on here have often posted posts with lots of profanities, usually strong ones like (rhymes with puck) as well as (rhymes with spit) and they seem to be able to post that kind of language, and lots of it might I add, and not get any warnings whatsoever. It's not that I like getting anyone into trouble but if these forums are supposed to be friendly I don't believe (rhymes with truck) and (sounds the same as ship) have any place on these forums. However this is just my opinion, what are your thoughts on this guys?

I really don't understand casual swearing on a forum, fine if you swear to stress something, but otherwise it's just not necessary. I'm not offended in anyway, but just think it's lazy.

Kitchen.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Erm... How are we supposed to say the words here if they shouldn't be written on the forum? :huh:

Anyway: I don't get offended by people who is swearing at all. To me it's just a testament to a poor vocabulary.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Long live apple.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

im pretty sure calling someone a vapid n*gger c*nt will result in some warnings 

Your .gif needs blood... On a side note, that .gif is horrible still

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Your .gif needs blood... On a side note, that .gif is horrible still

dont feed it. its bad enough already

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Eh, to be completely honest, though. I'd rather be on a forum that feels natural how people actually speak vs one that is heavily policed. I mean, there is a huge difference between a swear here and there vs being a complete butt.

Go to any job site or public outing and you'll hear this stuff -- you can't censor reality. As the late George Carlin would put it, words are words, there is no such thing as a good word or a bad word. It's people that give them good or bad meaning.

I really don't understand casual swearing on a forum, fine if you swear to stress something, but otherwise it's just not necessary. I'm not offended in anyway, but just think it's lazy.

Yes, exactly, a majority of people swear on here for the sake of swearing. If you you're going to swear (BTW crap is exempt because most people wouldn't consider it a swear word because some things are just...crap) at least use it where appropriate.

I think just a little bit of common decency is all that is needed. denigrate the argument not the person and just avoid words or statements that would not be used/acceptable in mainstream media.

or

Post like you will be sued and anything you say will be used against you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

^

Lol stop posting to just up your post count...

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!