So, Facebook is deleting posts people make on their own personal Facebook walls.

Delicieuxz

A post I made 3 - 5 days ago disappeared yesterday, with the URL for it returning the message: "The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in".

The post featured this video, showcasing a huge number of US news stations coordinating a brain-washing propaganda spiel:

And it also gave some other examples of coordinated propaganda in news media, such as the same pro Iraq invasion speech given by both Stephen Harper and the Australian PM:

The post also mentioned the "meltdown of humanity" slogan that Western news outlets coordinated in a propaganda effort against Syria and Russia at the time when Syria, Russia, and Iran were conducting their campaign to free Aleppo from US-backed extremists - while the same Western media simultaneously conducted a coordinated media blackout on reporting anything about the much worse situation in Mosul, Iraq, where the US-coalition was conducting its own campaign to free the city from US-created extremists.

The post mentioned (as per this post's information) that the US-coalition's military campaign for Mosul, Iraq, caused more than double the average weekly civilian death toll as was caused by Syria, Russia, and Iran's campaign for Aleppo, Syria, and that the US-coalition's campaign for Mosul, Iraq went on for months longer than the campaign for Aleppo did, but that, somehow, what was a "meltdown of humanity" for Western media when it happened in Syria, wasn't worth mentioning when it was happening in Iraq, at more than twice the intensity, and for a much longer duration.

So, in addition to Facebook being a platform for fake news, and in addition to Facebook giving everybody's personal data to all sorts of unscrupulous companies, it appears as though Facebook is also in the business of censoring news and light-shining on Western propaganda and fake news.

I have sent a message to Facebook support telling them they ought to restore the post.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Why can't Facebook just die already?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

And Facebook is a private company that can, does, and will, do whatever it want. Use it or don't use it. You have no protections. If enough people stop using it, then ad revenue will falter and they will fail. Free-market at work.

Heck they even filtered out a post I did in a conversation on alternative uses for torrents some time last year.

Edit: messenger that is

Social media is here to stay for the long haul. Even if it's not Facebook, another social media outlet will take over.

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case

it's all new community guidelines standards and review process of posting, it's a reflection on the messaged chat filtering blocking messages from going through if they don't meet guidelines . Get use to stuff you post being filtered and/or blocked due to this new process coming out.

51 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Because people keep using it, as much as that baffles me.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The first video excludes the last part of those broadcasts, it was asking any viewer that had a problem with their reporting to call and inform the parent company of what they took issue with.  Seeing as they are all owned by the same company, a canned message should be expected.  Local news has become a business of headline readers for a national newspaper, and we have known this for at least a decade.  The reporting on this whole thing is literally "fake news".

A late night show even made fun of this years back.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Because people keep using it, as much as that baffles me.

it baffles me more that people are mad at FB now all of a sudden for doing exactly what they've always done.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

More or less, its their lawn and they are loaning a lot out with caveats.  As an user, you clicked the agree to term button.  So, yeah, as owners of the site, they can cull what they want out.

Social sites are still under private company ownership, what applies to those are far different from public places not owned by private entities.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

You're calling the first video brainwashing? Just because it's a canned message from all of television news media as a whole doesn't mean much of anything. That's like saying several newspapers using the same AP article is brainwashing.

As for the second video, either Harper stole the speech, or there was some type of collaboration to have a consistent message; whether they knew the proper facts or not is a wholly different discussion.

I have no issue with the fact they took down the post, as it seems to fit the criteria of fake news, and just spreading nonsense.

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Time to resurrect MySpace....

Honestly, Facebook is crossing the line IMO.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

just re-post it and call it a day. if linus wanted to he can delete this thread and ban you cause he can and dont have to tell you or anyone why. facebook can do the same and there's nothing you can really do to change that.

news channels are crap here, in america and everywhere else.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB