Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3

Instructions unclear, now my coffee tastes like tea.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

On 11/18/2022 at 7:22 PM, Caroline said:

Beer ugh. 

That is how I feel about beer. I'll drink it, but it's not my favorite drink at all. I usually just don't drink it. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

18 hours ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Or any Middle Eastern Arab country that isn't Bahrain. Source: I lived in that region.

I only mentioned Quatar because it was in the local news recently.  I remember some local leader at one time had his brother killed by a drunk driver and decreed that in whatever country he ran wrecks from drunken driving vehicles be left by the sides of the roads as a warning.  I kind of liked that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

That is how I feel about beer. I'll drink it, but it's not my favorite drink at all. I usually just don't drink it. 

That’s common enough.  Zima and white claw are beer too though, they’re just not flavored with hopps.  I still think travesties like white claw are less obnoxious than wine coolers though. Makes me wonder how bad the flavoring was before they started using hopps.

I suggest a German weissbier. They’re not hoppy.  Berliner Weiss is often actually flavored with fruit juices.  Raspberries most often iirc.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s common enough.  Zima and white claw are beer too though, they’re just not flavored with hopps.  Makes me wonder how bad the flavoring was before they started using hopps.

I personally like a frozen pineapple margarita far more than beer. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Just now, BondiBlue said:

I personally like a frozen pineapple margarita far more than beer. 

There is a pineapple cider you might like.  It’s too sweet for me but Not bad.  Dunno who makes it.

12 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

Tea is of course the obvious answer, I was hoping someone had something I wouldn't think of.

Doesn't chamomile make one tired?

kilogram of tea sounds like something I wouldn't want to explain to the law.

Sounds revolutionary.

I would've thought coffee would be the American beverage.

Daring today, aren't we?

Doesn't sound like it'd taste amazing, but worth a try.

Looks like cannon powder though. Little black sort of cubical pellets.  Tell ‘em you’ve got a pet rabbit.   For God’s sake don’t actually feed them to the rabbit though.  They’re zoomy enough.  

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I remember some local leader at one time had his brother killed by a drunk driver and decreed that in whatever country he ran wrecks from drunken driving vehicles be left by the sides of the roads as a warning.  I kind of liked that.

That, That's actually really cool.

if I'm ever a politician I know what I'm doing.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

13 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

That, That's actually really cool.

if I'm ever a politician I know what I'm doing.

Dude was a sultan of some country I think.  80’s or 90’s. Sultans are only sort of politicians. More like kings. Caused problems.  People hit the wrecks.  If they’re still there they’ve probably killed more people than they saved by now.  Just because something is poetic doesn’t mean it’s a good solution.

Prune Juice it is a warriors drink.

See the source imageImage result for worf prune juice warriors drink

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

I would've thought coffee would be the American beverage.

Maybe soda is out of date but I was meaning like the everyone #1 most popular drink. 

Idk how popular coffee is compared to soda. Lots of children drank coffee in school, but they are crazy. 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:55 AM, fpo said:

You have to pour beer at an angle. 

Or be a Savage and drink out of the bottle or can. 

I don't drink too much "hard" stuff. I usually like expensive hard liquor because I drink it room temperature out of a scotch glass. 

That's what I used to do and did it for years without a problem.
It just when I started getting older I had to change because of this (Suds'ing up) beginning to take place.
Besides, I've found I like mixed drinks better anyway so no real loss here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

People hit the wrecks.

Hmm, maybe place them far off to the side.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

4 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Besides, I've found I like mixed drinks better anyway so no real loss here.

image.png.f5260d983a35130f93d1ae1006b6b9b6.png

10 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

Hmm, maybe place them far off to the side.

But then you have to pick them up anyway.  At that point there’s little difference between 20 feet and 20 miles. Also, you start to impinge on private property.  Can’t grow corn on car wrecks. 

11 hours ago, Caroline said:

If I drink beer it should be black and bitter with cereal taste on it, I'm not sure if there's a weird acronym for it I know it as "black beer" from a friend, she likes it as well so if I crash her place we both know what the drink will be.

“Stout”?  In a stout they intentionally burn the hopps

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Stout”?  In a stout they intentionally burn the hopps

Really?

Your forum has been reviewed

5 hours ago, fpo said:

Really?

I’ve never made it but that is what I was told.  Guinness and sheaf are stouts if those are included in you “black beers” Guinness is Ireland, though it’s drunk and made at lot of places and they have a lot of breweries. Guinness in the US comes from Canada. It’s the unofficial and possibly also official drink of Ireland.  It’s supposed to be darker and thicker the closer you get to the original brewery somewhere in Ireland.  Guinness stout and Guinness harp are NOT the same.  Sheaf is Australian.  Lots of companies make stouts though. There was a chocolate stout I was particularly fond of.  Didn’t taste like chocolate except for the finish.  Nice though.  People in the U.K. who don’t drink Guinness are (or were) often known a lager louts.

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Your forum has been reviewed

Nevermind

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

>Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

wait, are you a mod?

No I'm not...

I'm not saying the forum censors stuff, I'm just saying I reviewed it. 

Spoiler

For serious don't hate mods

Can I be an honorary moderator? 

19 minutes ago, fpo said:

Can I be an honorary moderator? 

Not sure if this is the moderator you meant or not.

giphy.gif

On a unrelated note my company has announced no more hair follicle tests! You won't get randomly tested the first 3 days of your work rotation unless you break something, and it's a mouth swab test. If you get tested and show hot for THC, you retest 72 hours later and if it goes down you passed. 

Always amazed me that working 2 weeks then having 2 weeks off we couldn't smoke on days off. 

Although things used to be different. Before 2015 there used to be ....partaking... out here...underground... from what I've....heard... from...sources... it was fun.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

22 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

giphy.gif

On a unrelated note my company has announced no more hair follicle tests! You won't get randomly tested the first 3 days of your work rotation unless you break something, and it's a mouth swab test. If you get tested and show hot for THC, you retest 72 hours later and if it goes down you passed. 

Always amazed me that working 2 weeks then having 2 weeks off we couldn't smoke on days off. 

Although things used to be different. Before 2015 there used to be ....partaking... out here...underground... from what I've....heard... from...sources... it was fun.

Drugs are bad mkay. 

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

giphy.gif

My college originally left an open keg on the second floor.  That ended when a student piled his motorcycle into the back of a parked truck at 3am.  Long ago and far away.