Stupid law

Graphics159

I have a story I feel like bitching about, So It was that time of the month where I clean out my pc, I usually use a compressed air can but today we ran out to i ran to Walmart to buy another one, when I was checking out the machine beeped and a worker came over to me and ask to see my id. (i am 16) For some reason, you need to be 18 to buy compressed air. Why? I am still pissed it is an absolutely stupid law. So now I don't have a can of compressed air, a Dusty Pc, and less fuel in my car from going to Walmart that is half an hour one way from where I live.

10 hours ago, Graphics159 said:

I have a story I feel like bitching about, So It was that time of the month where I clean out my pc, I usually use a compressed air can but today we ran out to i ran to Walmart to buy another one, when I was checking out the machine beeped and a worker came over to me and ask to see my id. (i am 16) For some reason, you need to be 18 to buy compressed air. Why? I am still pissed it is an absolutely stupid law. So now I don't have a can of compressed air, a Dusty Pc, and less fuel in my car from going to Walmart that is half an hour one way from where I live.

A quick Google search reveals that some minors have been inhaling these to get high. That, and among other uses with compressed air I can think of that could lead to serious injury if used improperly or inappropriately.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

so you can buy petrol which is highly flammable but not compressed air? 9_9 

44 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

A quick Google search reveals that some minors have been using inhaling these to get high. That, and among other uses with compressed air I can think of that could lead to serious injury if used improperly or inappropriately.  

that will be aerosols not actual compressed air though. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

4 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

that will be aerosols not actual compressed air though. 

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/inhalant-abuse/side-effects/

Nope. It's a thing. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

18 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

lol. some people are so retarded.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

7 hours ago, Graphics159 said:

My generation the "Millennial's" were the ones who fucked that up for you. Some of my generation were huffing those to get high. But seeing how your generation is eating Tide Pods its better for them to be safe than sorry. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

why are Tide pods not age gated?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Yes, kids get high off air. Welcome to Earth, 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

40 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Because the direct eventuality helps us as a species.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

41 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Survival of the fittest..........

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Survival of the fittest..........

More along the lines of survival of the barely adequate, when talking about Hoomenz.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Because your gen is really Fn dumb and ruin things for you. Like posters above mentioned, this is the same gen that has to be told not to eat laundry soap lmao

Just order from Amazon

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-06/death-of-12yo-highlights-ongoing-sniffing-problems-alice-springs/6076234
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/deodorant-sniffing-scourge-hits-alice-springs/news-story/58773cddfd89873b9e54727995781a8c?sv=70c09ab1df59046e72cbbfb2f9fa4f16

In certain remote communities in Australia they have had to restrict the sale of deodorant cans after children have died from inhaling the contents in order to get high.

Initially alcohol was banned in some of the communities due to severe ongoing misuse, community issues, violence, and high crime rates within the area. They then started sniffing petrol to get high off the fumes, which led BP to develop a new type of fuel ("Opal Fuel") that does not produce a high when sniffed that is sold within the area. Aerosol paint spray cans were banned as they were getting high off the fumes of that after the change to petrol. Once that was banned, they moved on to aerosol deodorant cans.

The point is, people will misuse anything if they can get a high from it and left unchecked can do immense damage to a community.

If local stores won't sell you compressed air cans, just buy them from amazon.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

22 hours ago, Graphics159 said:

1. if you toss it in a fire, then big kaboom

2. u can get high on that

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

13 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

Yes, kids get high off air. Welcome to Earth, 

It isn't air. That's why it's dangerous. There are different gasses in compressed air cans.

22 hours ago, Graphics159 said:

Well your laws let you drive a car at 16, so at least you have that going for you.

36 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

LOL, a 16 year old driving a car. Contrast that to not being able to buy canned air, LOL.

Giving the same people eating laundry pods the ability to pilot a fast moving, 2-ton piece of moving metal doesn't strike me as the best idea in the world.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…