Twitch pushes out it's new content guidelines on harassment, "stream clothing" and hateful content

ItsMitch
Go to solution Solved by TidaLWaveZ,

TLDR version

Twitch puts out new guidelines and will ban whoever they want at there own discretion, let the double standards fly.

TLDR'ed TLDR version

Twitch issues ban for who it doesn't agree with

6 hours ago, FiveNine said:

Pretty much this. Soon you won't be able to say what you want anywhere, speech regulations inc

I think many people failed to see that they never were able to say what you want "anywhere", with the crucial part of "anywhere" being "other people's media".

Everyone in countries that protect free speech can say whatever they want. Twitch regulations are not about your rights, but about your ability to make money using their services

This is why @LinusTech is so afraid of showing his nipples on WAN Show.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I think many people failed to see that they never were able to say what you want "anywhere", with the crucial part of "anywhere" being "other people's media".

Everyone in countries that protect free speech can say whatever they want. Twitch regulations are not about your rights, but about your ability to make money using their services

I didn't draw a parallel between twitch service and free speech. I merely said that in the future there's a chance free speech won't even exist... 

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

Was waiting for this kind of entitled whining to show up.  Waaah, I can't be an asshole to people who don't look and act like me!

Feel free to leave Twitch forever; the community will be better off without you.

Has nothing to do with being entitled or whining,im just stating my view when it started to change.

14 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

What clothing is appropriate for my stream?

Given the variety of content and activities creators engage in, an explicit dress code would be unreasonably restrictive. Streaming is a public activity that reaches a global audience of many ages and cultures, and as such we prohibit nudity and sexual conduct. When evaluating reports for sexual conduct, attire is just one factor we will use in making a determination on whether conduct is acceptable. We recommend creators wear attire that would be publicly appropriate for the context, location, and activity they are broadcasting. For example, workout clothes would be appropriate for a fitness stream and a swimsuit would be appropriate for a stream from a public beach.

i 100% agree with twitch...

have you seen how many twitch girl streamers do this? it's wrong by showing other women the only way to become a twitch streamer is to be a sexy as possible...

an example to prove my point, look at how much cleavage she is showing, possibly using a push up bra to make her boobs bigger

maxresdefault.jpg

just for views, they are no different than a whore, in fact the definition of whore is:

a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money:

hmm, thats exactly what she is doing

now i don't hate girl twitch streamers, in fact i want to see more women streaming as it's mainly dudes doing it, but to stoop this low to get views...

wrong just wrong

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

4 hours ago, FiveNine said:

I didn't draw a parallel between twitch service and free speech. I merely said that in the future there's a chance free speech won't even exist... 

I'm sorry, where exactly is the parallel here? What does this have to do with a possible future where there is no free speech?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 hours ago, FiveNine said:

Here's something that nobody ever seems to understand...

Let me say that again...

Here's something that nobody ever seems to understand...

The First Amendment in the United States protects your freedom of speech from being infringed by the government or agents thereof.

Twitch is not a government agency nor are any employees government agents.

Therefore your First Amendment rights are not being infringed.

It's Twitch's house. They have the right to decide who comes in their house and who doesn't. Would you let random people walk into your house and do lewd things?

For the record, I like boobs. Probably a bit too much. However, there's a place for that, and Twitch has decided that their service isn't that place.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

I find this quite alarming in a few places tbh...

First the titty streamers can fuck off (putting it frankly), all they do is take viewers and revenue from legitimate content creators who have skill, drive and passion for their work. I've got nothing more to say on them tbh, I watch plenty of female streamers, most of them could easily be titty streamers if they wanted and yet they put on really great streams and have genuine communities too. I feel like titty streamers give the genuine female streamers a bad rep and I don't like it. IMO these rules don't go far enough to stop titty streamers.

The wording of that harassment clause is also a bit worrying. (In my example I'm going to use the actual word but mods, know I'm using it not in the negative context.) I watch a lot of GTA streamers and more San Andreas than I probably should (SA is my favourite game so yeah). Now San Andreas has/had a fair few (unofficial) world records under its belt and one of those records is "Most uses of the word Nigga in a video game" (as well as most uses of the word Fuck in a video game too). Now one streamer in particular has a problem with random people showing up in his chat while he is playing San Andreas and posting some really hateful and derogatory comments using that word. These are random people that are not usual in his chat (nor are they ever seen again after they get banned) and he legitimately does everything he can do to prevent this from happening, his chat and TTS both filter the word as much as possible, his mod team are told to permanently ban anyone who posts the word in a negative context and I've seen him, on multiple occasions, throw a speedrun while he's hours into a 5 hour run so he can ban someone because his mods aren't around. Are Twitch gonna start reprimanding him now every time some dumb fool in his chat does something beyond his control? I understand what they're trying to do here but a streamer can't be held responsible for what his chat says anymore than a forum owner can be held responsible for what public posters post. As long as rules are in place and appropriately enforced then fine, the internet is ALWAYS going to post dumb things.

The worry is that Twitch will do a YouTube and start pandering to advertiser's needs more than those of the creators.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, GilmourD said:

This is why @LinusTech is so afraid of showing his nipples on WAN Show.

Strangely enough, Twitch removed the "no nipples" rule last year for males. These new guidelines double down on what they said back then which was "we don't really care what you wear as long as it's situational appropriate".

I believe they still do explicitly state that female nipples are banned though.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's just a private company trying to protect its income from the cultural masses.     What these companies do are in response to problems, they are not the cause of the problem.  If you don't like it,  do some research into why societies are calling for censorship on such scales.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

honestly, im okay with this.  

if you're going to be a cunt, you should get banned, if i can see your cunt, you should get banned. 

its that simple.

for people bitching about a dress code:  many twitch streamers use twitch as a job. many actual jobs have a dress code, "Business Casual", or even just "Casual" does not mean you can have your tits hanging out at work.  If you want Twitch to be your job, then act like it. if not, then i suggest making MFC your chosen platform to stream to, you'll make more there anyways.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It's just a private company trying to protect its income from the cultural masses.     What these companies do are in response to problems, they are not the cause of the problem.  If you don't like it,  do some research into why societies are calling for censorship on such scales.  

It's a very shortsighted way of protecting income tbh. Twitch isn't like YouTube, they make a SHIT TONNE of their money directly from the streamers, that is to say 50% of all subscriber revenue on the platform goes directly to Twitch and (I think though I could be wrong on the amount) 30% of all Bits purchased on the platform goes directly to Twitch.

Pissing off their creator base in order to please advertiser's could very well lead to the entire platform imploding onto itself and unlike YouTube I don't think Twitch could survive running at a loss for very long.

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It's a very shortsighted way of protecting income tbh. Twitch isn't like YouTube, they make a SHIT TONNE of their money directly from the streamers, that is to say 50% of all subscriber revenue on the platform goes directly to Twitch and (I think though I could be wrong on the amount) 30% of all Bits purchased on the platform goes directly to Twitch.

Pissing off their creator base in order to please advertiser's could very well lead to the entire platform imploding onto itself and unlike YouTube I don't think Twitch could survive running at a loss for very long.

Well it's their problem if they haven't done their research.  Smugglypuff and her kin are making the world a shit place for sure, but the reality is companies have to choose between financial security and moral obligations to society.  You know what they are going to choose, I mean google are already doing it, they are even firing people for it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 3/7/2018 at 4:17 AM, SC2Mitch said:

Oh yes, the camgirls of Twitch, who forgot about these? I just wish Twitch would just purge the IRL section, to be honest with these overly sexualized streamers who try and whore money out of people, it's sad, pathetic and it's just unacceptable, Twitch IS a gaming streaming site, but since Twitch opened the doors to IRL it's been going downhill from here in my eyes.

1) No one is demanding that you watch IRL
2) No one is required to watch only one stream
3) Twitch is allowed to expand to different markets
4) Nothing is explicitly for "Gamers" (What you really mean is "Boys/Men")

5) Camgirls can do whatever they want so long as it is within the law (in the case of Twitch, so long as they wear clothing)

6) NO ONE IS DEMANDING THAT YOU WATCH IRL

Or are you just feeling ashamed that you watch Camgirls on Twitch? Common, you can tell us and we won't judge. Cause there's nothing wrong with watching something (or someone) you enjoy :D

Full Disclosure: I am neither a Camgirl nor do I watch Camgirls... that I'm aware of.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

1 minute ago, PocketNerd said:

Or are you just feeling ashamed that you watch Camgirls on Twitch

I'm ashamed of Twitch since they stopped so low to allow this kind of cancer into the platform. 

8 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'm ashamed of Twitch since they stopped so low to allow this kind of cancer into the platform. 

Seriously... They don't need to compete with MFC.

23 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

1) No one is demanding that you watch IRL
2) No one is required to watch only one stream
3) Twitch is allowed to expand to different markets
4) Nothing is explicitly for "Gamers" (What you really mean is "Boys/Men")

5) Camgirls can do whatever they want so long as it is within the law (in the case of Twitch, so long as they wear clothing)

6) NO ONE IS DEMANDING THAT YOU WATCH IRL

Or are you just feeling ashamed that you watch Camgirls on Twitch? Common, you can tell us and we won't judge. Cause there's nothing wrong with watching something (or someone) you enjoy :D

Full Disclosure: I am neither a Camgirl nor do I watch Camgirls... that I'm aware of.

The OP can't seem to decide where they are on the rules,agrees that Twitch can ban whoever they don't agree with yet,  oh my gosh a streamer I don't like,TAKE ALL OF THE IRL SECTION DOWN!

The end of the internet.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard