Who is Linus?

I live in Canada and I recently found out that Google Assistant was finally available on iOS devices here. So I installed it on my iPhone and have been playing with it on and off. Today, I asked  the assistant who is Linus. Since I never specified a last name, I was wondering what it would say. The answer?

None other than Linus Sebastian! The Google Assistant (at least in Canada) automatically starts telling us about our Linus when simply asked "Who is Linus?"

Meanwhile Cortana (on my iPhone) refers me to Linus Torvald, and Siri to Pope Linus (second pope of the Catholic Church),  It's settled, Google Assistant is the best AI assistant.

22 minutes ago, NicolSD said:

I live in Canada and I recently found out that Google Assistant was finally available on iOS devices here. So I installed it on my iPhone and have been playing with it on and off. Today, I asked  the assistant who is Linus. Since I never specified a last name, I was wondering what it would say. The answer?

None other than Linus Sebastian! The Google Assistant (at least in Canada) automatically starts telling us about our Linus when simply asked "Who is Linus?"

Meanwhile Cortana (on my iPhone) refers me to Linus Torvald, and Siri to Pope Linus (second pope of the Catholic Church),  It's settled, Google Assistant is the best AI assistant.

Probably because Apple don't particularly like Linus, so they might have banned his name from being said by Siri. As for Cortana, let's just say she ain't smart.

6 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Probably because Apple don't particularly like Linus, so they might have banned his name from being said by Siri. As for Cortana, let's just say she ain't smart.

Or maybe it's because OP is subscribed to LinusTechTips on Youtube, and that gets factored in to the search results.

The Cortana and Siri results are probably less personalized because they don't have as much data on you.

7 hours ago, NicolSD said:

lame...ooooh...sorry...it's LAME!

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Linus of Hollywood of course, little known fact he recorded with Paul Gilbert once, here is he rocking those damn hard baselines:

-------

Current Rig

-------

feel like the pope would be first because he's was the motha fuckin pope, but yeah my google home mini will always say Linus Sebastian and same when I say who is Marques ( MKBHD )

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

8 hours ago, NicolSD said:

the right answer was "a vacuum cleaner salesman"

58 minutes ago, asus killer said:

the right answer was "a vacuum cleaner salesman"

That's it! The right answer is Linus Mittmeier, vacuum cleaner salesman for Hoover.

The right answer is Linus Torvalds. Linus Sebastian, a Dyson marketing representative, has been commonly mistaken for a significant person in the tech community, but is in fact a Dyson marketing representative. 

#LinusShillTips #REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Image result for llama i am linus

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

13 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

feel like the pope would be first because he's was the motha fuckin pope, but yeah my google home mini will always say Linus Sebastian and same when I say who is Marques ( MKBHD )

Probably since tech is most people's religion and MKBHD and LTT among other channels are like cults or groups whose leader is of course Marques and Linus. Hence they come before the pope.

15 hours ago, Sauron said:

Google knows whom you're subscribed to on youtube. Just saying.

Google owns Youtube and Google Maps and they own your info, such as your search queries, even if you did not hit enter, they got what you typed in then delete, they know all the videos you watched on YT.

The last and most troubling is they scan your GMAILS and log that info to use and sell.

On 07/03/2018 at 8:43 AM, LAwLz said:

Or maybe it's because OP is subscribed to LinusTechTips on Youtube, and that gets factored in to the search results.

The Cortana and Siri results are probably less personalized because they don't have as much data on you.

I work in Toronto, my head office is in Montreal so we're VPNed through Montreal and using some remote machines that are physically in Montreal and even the WiFi is going to a VPN to Montreal.  My Google account now thinks I speak French and serves me French ads on YouTube and such. o___o

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I work in Toronto, my head office is in Montreal so we're VPNed through Montreal and using some remote machines that are physically in Montreal and even the WiFi is going to a VPN to Montreal.  My Google account now thinks I speak French and serves me French ads on YouTube and such. o___o

No VPN, ISP is specific to the northwestern part of the US, in a state where the second most common language spoken (by legal citizens) is German. Google often serves me Mexican ads.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I'll have to try it on my wife's phone since she's certainly not subscribed to LTT. LOL

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Also, if the answer is anyone other than Linus Van Pelt, that AI is wrong.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:26 AM, NicolSD said:

I'm willing to bet that the answer is contingent upon what search engine the service uses.

Infact, I have some cooberating evidence: Bing refers to the Linus Torvalds wikipedia page, while Google refers to "Linus Sebastion" wikipedia page.

After a quick google search, Siri allegedly uses Google now, Cortana uses bing, and of course Google Assistant will use Google.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

47 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

I'll have to try it on my wife's phone since she's certainly not subscribed to LTT. LOL

Yep, comes up with our Linus on her P2XL. :D

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Google owns Youtube and Google Maps and they own your info, such as your search queries, even if you did not hit enter, they got what you typed in then delete, they know all the videos you watched on YT.

The last and most troubling is they scan your GMAILS and log that info to use and sell.

Don't forget every bit of your Internet traffic via Chrome.  It's one of the reasons I use Firefox.  Google gets praised for its algorithms.  That's because the amount of data they have is almost unimaginable.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440