Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

it's not that long tho... I still have problems with ponytails...

I think in a month or two mine should be good enough. then all I need to do is drag my ponytail through oil spills! :D

I think in a month or two mine should be good enough. then all I need to do is drag my ponytail through oil spills! :D

yah good luck with that, I usually cut my hair once every 1-2 years and I just had that hair cut like a month ago

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

is that pixel art?

no the original fucking image i wanted to post wont for some fucked up reason..

ill try again and post a fucking link cause god damn.. these forums are a pin in the ass for image posting,.. "you may not use that link in this forum blah blah blah...

7025537-nissan-silvia-s13.jpg

http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/74/7025537-nissan-silvia-s13.jpg

no the original fucking image i wanted to post wont for some fucked up reason..

ill try again and post a fucking link cause god damn.. these forums are a pin in the ass for image posting,.. "you may not use that link in this forum blah blah blah...

7025537-nissan-silvia-s13.jpg

http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/74/7025537-nissan-silvia-s13.jpg

just wiright [img.] and then the link here and no dot in the img thing and the [/img.] and no dot there either the link should be the one called image link I think just no dots in the img and /img things

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

just wiright [img.] and then the link here and no dot in the img thing and the [/img.] and no dot there either the link should be the one called image link I think just no dots in the img and /img things

obviously i know how to post an image 

57659216.jpg

obviously i know how to post an image

57659216.jpg

nope just that you like to post a broken image of a pixel art silvia xD

Builds:

Spoiler

nope just that you like to post a broken image of a pixel art silvia xD

try and post that link asshat the forum just hates it.. thats a different fucking picture fucking dick. not a good morning to be a fucking troll..

this better image quality your royal highness..

nissan_silvia_s13_q__s_by_martindesign93

try and post that link asshat the forum just hates it.. thats a different fucking picture fucking dick. not a good morning to be a fucking troll..

this better image quality your royal highness..

nissan_silvia_s13_q__s_by_martindesign93

how about downloading the picture to your PC and then uploading it yourself? If the file size is to big just use paint.net to reduce the quality

Builds:

Spoiler

Hmm... favorite year... thats a hard one. I would say maybe 65-75 maybe? Thats when the C10 and the 74 dodge charger was produced, which by the way I WILL have both in my driveway some day. That and a 60s mustang that won't be in my driveway, but will be in my parent's driveway. (Made a deal with my parents that if I restored them a 60s softtop mustang I could use there barn for any of my own personal restoration projects)

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

RACECAR MODE ENGAGED

got a new wing. was expensive, but couldn't pass the opportunity from a friend. these wings are expensive and have a huge lead time, and I much prefer the look of them over the Aeromotions or APR

P_20150718_201039_zpscmfgeear.jpg

now just need to black out the headlights this weekend and then I should be done!

P_20150718_222903_zpsivvwwrkm.jpg

Hmm... favorite year... thats a hard one. I would say maybe 65-75 maybe? Thats when the C10 and the 74 dodge charger was produced, which by the way I WILL have both in my driveway some day. That and a 60s mustang that won't be in my driveway, but will be in my parent's driveway. (Made a deal with my parents that if I restored them a 60s softtop mustang I could use there barn for any of my own personal restoration projects)

Why 74? Because if you get a first gen Charger, i've heard it's the 69 Charger.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

RACECAR MODE ENGAGED

got a new wing. was expensive, but couldn't pass the opportunity from a friend. these wings are expensive and have a huge lead time, and I much prefer the look of them over the Aeromotions or APR

P_20150718_201039_zpscmfgeear.jpg

now just need to black out the headlights this weekend and then I should be done!

Wow the guy on the left has sweet taillights. Why don't you get a set as well? they look better than stock tbh. even better if they were led

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow the guy on the left has sweet taillights. Why don't you get a set as well? they look better than stock tbh. even better if they were led

they are LED, and I don't like them enough to spend money on them. they don't look like an upgrade to me - just different /shrug personal opinion

they're about ~$250, I'd rather spend it on something else

they are LED, and I don't like them enough to spend money on them. they don't look like an upgrade to me - just different /shrug personal opinion

they're about ~$250, I'd rather spend it on something else

ok, that's cool. maybe later when you feel like you want some more spice

this probably sounds so dumb, but have you done any engine mods to it?

EFI would be money better spent.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

meh, they've been out since the Evo's release and they still haven't grown on me. don't hate them, just don't care enough /shrug

yes - dotted line is my car stock

exyia3582vsstock_zpsqpl36iy1.jpg

google Exyia Evo X and you'll see my two build threads (2012 and 2013). blew the motor and got it back up and running recently. just finishing touches and prepping for a new build log

meh, they've been out since the Evo's release and they still haven't grown on me. don't hate them, just don't care enough /shrug

yes - dotted line is my car stock

exyia3582vsstock_zpsqpl36iy1.jpg

google Exyia Evo X and you'll see my two build threads (2012 and 2013). blew the motor and got it back up and running recently. just finishing touches and prepping for a new build log

Wow, nearly 300 hp up from 291. Impressive.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@techswede Is that your truck?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Why 74? Because if you get a first gen Charger, i've heard it's the 69 Charger.

Because the 74 is believed to be the one from burn notice, and I REALLY like how the 74 looks. But the 69 looks amazing too... I just like the earlier chargers compared to the ugly new ones. :P

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

@techswede Is that your truck?

Nope. Diesel power challenge on motor trend

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Soo

How many of you have sent in applications to be top gear presenters?

I used a two foot breaker bar. The problem is the cap that I used to put on it didn't have enough metal where the socket was supposed to go, so it would push off the filter and not have enough contact and would pop right off when I started to twist it. Trying to remove the socket so the cap could go all the way on would pop the breaker bar off the cap when twisting.

This long. Just got up half an hour ago so it's all fucked up too.

attachicon.gifhair.png

My hair is longer :P

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Soo

How many of you have sent in applications to be top gear presenters?

Oh I'd love to be one.

My opinions would be seen as more brash than Clarkson.