Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

What we Louisiana people eat when it’s freezing cold outside

gumbo lol

Also I’ve never seen icicles before lol

Just another day up in Canadia.

Food of choice is hotpot or ramen.

o.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

What we Louisiana people eat when it’s freezing cold outside

gumbo lol

Also I’ve never seen icicles before lol

that looks like some tasty gumbo.

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Just another day up in Canadia.

Food of choice is hotpot or ramen.

o.jpg

Over here the comfort food of choice would be some mac and cheese. Though my favorite would be a good big ol' bowl of beef combo pho. Literally so good on a nice day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

50 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The S10 is making more noise. Today going to class it sounded like Moms car did whn it was missfiring real bad, felt sligtly lower on power and the lifter tick was louder. Ugh. 

LS swap, just find someone's truck with it in a parking lot and uh.. wrench away.

6 hours ago, terrytek said:

that looks like some tasty gumbo.

Over here the comfort food of choice would be some mac and cheese. Though my favorite would be a good big ol' bowl of beef combo pho. Literally so good on a nice day.

My comfort food is steak and beer. So is most of my other food for that matter.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wanted to do a launch on my way home today but it was still ticking so i decided against it. Honestly if it were gonna take a shit I wish it would hurry up and get on with it or quit making noise. 

You know what would fix it? Another road trip. Another 10,000 miles. 

Except this time, the road trip will involve a boat ride to Europe? :P 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, IKnight said:

Except this time, the road trip will involve a boat ride to Europe? :P 

Might go quicker if he launches from the east coast.

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

I mean while the parking job is shit, that really doesn't necessarily mean a person needs to go and spray paint along it. Tragic.

You never know if their shitty parking is due to another person's shitty parking.

56 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

You never know if their shitty parking is due to another person's shitty parking.

Just takes one shitty parking job to set of a wave through an entire parking lot

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

https://imgur.com/gallery/wDKUU

Pretty darn clever

N8FGb5V.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@warmmilk Good news!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk Good news!

I guess one could call that widebody integral to the whole build now

13 minutes ago, techswede said:

widebody integral 

Get out

Folding@Home | BOINC

Help

screencapture-store-hasselblad-products-h6d-400c-ms-1516200789740.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Help

screencapture-store-hasselblad-products-h6d-400c-ms-1516200789740.png

No.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@bcredeur97 Apparently baton rouge got a nice helping of ice

njswyutuygzbsttngfiv.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

24 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Coming soon to youtube. The castrol challenge

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Coming soon to youtube. The castrol challenge

Warning: Done by a professional on a closed course. Do not attempt this at home.

23 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@Maybach123 Apparently sparky got an agera RS

Sparky's RS  is not the same as the world record car. They are oddly close in spec though. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

Sparky's RS  is not the same as the world record car. They are oddly close in spec though. 

I know, but the Chicago show is the same weekend as the opening weekend for Toronto. CVK is coming to Toronto, and Sparky's RS just got on a truck to some unknown destination.

It would be oddly convenient, if... you know.

But I also wouldn't say no to seeing the world record car though.

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97 Apparently baton rouge got a nice helping of ice
-snip-

we did too!

I had to drive over some on my way to work! sooooo sketchy. Glad I had a rental car this week, I wouldn't of risked the miata lol

Just went over it in a straight line, kind of just coasted over it. Still could feel the car squirm. Nuts

The wind chill also got down to 2F lol. Temp itself was like 16F. coldest weather I've been in ever

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

we did too!

I had to drive over some on my way to work! sooooo sketchy. Glad I had a rental car this week, I wouldn't of risked the miata lol

Just went over it in a straight line, kind of just coasted over it. Still could feel the car squirm. Nuts

Its proper scary. I had my car slide through three lanes on an icy hill once, full oppo.

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 1/16/2018 at 11:21 AM, chaozbandit said:

yeah, I saw that yesterday... thats too bad, but he doesn't seam to be too upset about it...  crazy how it just kept running though with a hole in the block

7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk Good news!

haha, 335's on a fwd car, thats awesome!  can't wait to see how it performs

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

59 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Its proper scary. I had my car slide through three lanes on an icy hill once, full oppo.

O.o I would of poo'd in my pants

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1