Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I really like Be Quiet's drive bay implementation, but I've only built in the DB900 Pro (dont know if the 600 is on your list)

Don't think they sell he DB900 in Sweden at all (can't find it) and for the 600 suffers from 'blandness' too. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Sprich langsam mit mir. Ich bin nicht aus deutschland also works. (My grammar is terrible though) 

Your grandparents seem like.. Interesting people xD 

I googled it. Its demons. I got learned today.

Here's an example of the parking spaces here. 

Also shows the excellent ground clearance of the F body. I'm at full lock there to check tyre thread.

Bitte nein, Deutsch gibts mir einen Kopfschmerzen.

They're the worst people you'll ever be able to have the displeasure of meeting. They're legitimately evil.

Well now we know.. *throws salt at grandparents*

That's a lot longer than in Germany.

At that ride height just get mud boggers. :P

@bcredeur97 how often do you see minis at autox? orion seems to praise the handling of these a lot, so i assume they're pretty common at autox?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Got 90 hours on this paycheck so hopefully the Saab will come along soon. Engine and new ac compressor are en route, pcv system is en route. Ordering new tires recommended by @FuzzyYellow on Friday, and will be ordering EBC Redstuff and EBC drilled and slotted rotors in the near future once I get the brakes off the parts car. After that I can get the parts car out of here too. Finally things are looking up. Helping a buddy move to Indy next Monday which is always fun. Wish the Saab would be running by then but that's not happening. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Got 90 hours on this paycheck so hopefully the Saab will come along soon. Engine and new ac compressor are en route, pcv system is en route. Ordering new tires recommended by @FuzzyYellow on Friday, and will be ordering EBC Redstuff and EBC drilled and slotted rotors in the near future once I get the brakes off the parts car. After that I can get the parts car out of here too. Finally things are looking up. Helping a buddy move to Indy next Monday which is always fun. Wish the Saab would be running by then but that's not happening. 

do you have a timeframe of when the car will be finished?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

23 hours ago, techswede said:

I won't be able to afford one. But yeah. I'm hyped.

How much where you are?

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They have two road courses in the schedule.

only two?.. so close.. oh well its a least a step in the right direction. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

do you have a timeframe of when the car will be finished?

Not really. Can't take the wagon to the shop until the engine comes in as they're constrained on space. So it all depends on when it comes in 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

FB_IMG_1502081719510.jpg

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

@bcredeur97 how often do you see minis at autox? orion seems to praise the handling of these a lot, so i assume they're pretty common at autox?

There's one guy that's been to ours a couple of times. Always does well. 

They are great at autocross. Pretty much any small car with more than 100hp is great at autocross. Size of vehicle makes a big difference.  By making the vehicle smaller you are essentially increasing the amount of track you can use. More track means more room for an  optimized racing line which leads to a faster time

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

still like Stageas better :P 

but a 1JZ wagon is still amazing :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

oh my god i was browsing spotify and i ran across this playlist. literally it has ALL the fucking music i listened to 10 years ago like it's bringing back memories growing up

https://youtu.be/HrBtG08nJ9A

dammit ... this video doesnt allow embedding 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Mazda new skyactiv engines will all be supercharged! 

Interesting that they aren't going with turbocharged... Wonder if they are going to do the thing Audi does where it'll disconnect the supercharger or well... make it not boost when just cruising? 

Also HCCI. Still will have spark plugs though "for some situations". (I'm assuming starting the engine is one of those situations.. I've always wondered how the engine would be initially cold started with HCCI) 

Also plans seemingly around 2030-2040 to go electric. And tbh that sounds about right to me for a time frame of us all talking about vs actually switching to electric cars...

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/mazda-says-its-made-a-long-awaited-breakthrough-in-engine-technology/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Mazda new skyactiv engines will all be supercharged! 

Interesting that they aren't going with turbocharged... Wonder if they are going to do the thing Audi does where it'll disconnect the supercharger or well... make it not boost when just cruising? 

Also HCCI. Still will have spark plugs though "for some situations". (I'm assuming starting the engine is one of those situations.. I've always wondered how the engine would be initially cold started with HCCI) 

Also plans seemingly around 2030-2040 to go electric. And tbh that sounds about right to me for a time frame of us all talking about vs actually switching to electric cars...

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/mazda-says-its-made-a-long-awaited-breakthrough-in-engine-technology/

huh i didn't know they were gonna be supercharged, i thought it was gonna be n/a only. but that probably means we won't see these being turbo'd :( which probably means no 3rd gen mazdaspeed 3, unless they plop in this supercharged motor.

well if HCCI motors operate like diesels, they could use glow plugs to start cold motors. but seeing it was mostly bc diesel was thicker, maybe i am wrong here.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Bitte nein, Deutsch gibts mir einen Kopfschmerzen.

They're the worst people you'll ever be able to have the displeasure of meeting. They're legitimately evil.

Well now we know.. *throws salt at grandparents*

That's a lot longer than in Germany.

At that ride height just get mud boggers. :P

Das Vermeiden der deutschen Sprache in Deutschland wird nicht einfach sein

Well then. Good luck.

The typical ones are between 4.8 and 5 meters long. My car is dam near five meters long..

Also enjoy going metric :P 

Mud boggers won't fit in the arches though. Going to need to sawzall a few bits first

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

huh i didn't know they were gonna be supercharged, i thought it was gonna be n/a only. but that probably means we won't see these being turbo'd :( which probably means no 3rd gen mazdaspeed 3, unless they plop in this supercharged motor.

well if HCCI motors operate like diesels, they could use glow plugs to start cold motors. but seeing it was mostly bc diesel was thicker, maybe i am wrong here.

I think the supercharger will bring all of their cars as a whole up enough that people would find them desirable in a sporty sense. And they could offer packages for their cars that address the chassis sportiness too. 

We'll see what happens tho. They may avoid the "Mazdaspeed" signature for the sake of being "grown up" but I can see them pulling off a wolf in sheep's clothing kinda deal. Plus you know.... SUPERCHARGED MIATA <3  lol

I just hope they keep the manual transmission around in said "sporty" packages. And the Miata needs to always have a manual option... Most important car they make that needs to have a manual transmission IMO

Diesel burns so much differently from gas.. I don't think glow plugs would work

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I think the supercharger will bring all of their cars as a whole up enough that people would find them desirable in a sporty sense. And they could offer packages for their cars that address the chassis sportiness too. 

We'll see what happens tho. They may avoid the "Mazdaspeed" signature for the sake of being "grown up" but I can see them pulling off a wolf in sheep's clothing kinda deal. Plus you know.... SUPERCHARGED MIATA <3  lol

I just hope they keep the manual transmission around in said "sporty" packages. And the Miata needs to always have a manual option... Most important car they make that needs to have a manual transmission IMO

Diesel burns so much differently from gas.. I don't think glow plugs would work

i didn't think the "mazdaspeed" part sounded childish. i mean grown ups can have fun with it too. i just want mazda to create a hot hatch to compete with what's on the market right now, since i think they were the first to introduce a hot hatch in america in the 2000s iirc.

honestly mazda better keep that manual in the miata. it won't have the same driving dynamic with an automatic or even an DCT, though those can coexist with the manual. if mazda does truly get rid of the manual in the miata, then they've pretty much lost touch with gearheads. but it is unlikely since every model they sell has a manual option except the cx models (the cx-5 had a manual from the beginning until last year).

I love RCR, its just the simple, silly things that make it such an special channel! Stuff like this:

598a7e634695b_CapturadeTela(44).thumb.png.a3b03fd60df425a7dccaa8c7b1e84d36.png

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I did some quick reading on the new Mazda engines during lunch break and it seems the superchargers are one of the necessary things to achieve the compression ignition. 

No idea how true this is because it was a really quick read. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Boat started for the first time in 10 years today. I forgot it had a button for the choke so i had the throttle wide open and cranked it while pumping the primer to get it to fire. Its super smooth. Sometimes it breaks up a little bit at partial throttle but its under no load so who knows. I need to figure out why the telltale isn't flowing all the way but I'm hyped. It ran!

Is this without any of the carbs rebuilt or ?

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

5 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

I did some quick reading on the new Mazda engines during lunch break and it seems the superchargers are one of the necessary things to achieve the compression ignition. 

No idea how true this is because it was a really quick read. 

So this has got me thinking that HCCI won't be done at idle since there is basically no boost? 

So it'll only really be beneficial in terms of saving fuel at cruising speed and not in town as much? 

Spoiler