Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

you and your TE37's seriously need to chill. There are other wheel choices out there.

I happen to think those RPF1's are glorious. What are those track wheels @exyia? It's touch to tell in the pics. RSII's? They look nice too. 

Varrstoen ES2s?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Varrstoen ES2s?

172.gif

Those are literally just TE37 reps. If you say Rota Grids next I'm gonna have to punch a wall or something :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Those are literally just TE37 reps. If you say Rota Grids next I'm gonna have to punch a wall or something :P

Rota P45? Gran Lights?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Rota P45? Gran Lights?

ctYp9vn.png

If I were to ever buy you a pair of wheels, I think I know what style you'd like

:P

The only TE37's I like

S78Ug7H.png

JW_AR_AE86-5.jpg

vSLS61Z.png

... or these :D

15_41_1.jpg

CIMG7182.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

If I were to ever buy you a pair of wheels, I think I know what style you'd like

:P

The only TE37's I like

... or these :D

Well, i only like 6 spoke rims. Or 5, since our corolla has 18 inch 5 spoke TRD rims.

Now i'm quite excited for the next episode of roadkill

10447798_479348778887052_674574886999261

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

-image-

What's roadkill?

What's roadkill?

A show on motortrend with david freiburger and mike finnegan

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't get how cars in the 90s can equipped so poorly. I mean, take this Toyota Pickup for example. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4921338973.html. 5 speed manual, with no tach, so you don't know when to shift. Honestly, they're why do they need to remove some essentials such as power windows and tachs just to save little money?>

That feeling when you are the first one to the on ramp so you can just floor it getting onto the freeway. It nice.

I've had a cop glare at me for doing that, I think if I went over the speed limit even a bit I would've been pulled. :lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

I don't get how cars in the 90s can equipped so poorly. I mean, take this Toyota Pickup for example. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4921338973.html. 5 speed manual, with no tach, so you don't know when to shift. Honestly, they're why do they need to remove some essentials such as power windows and tachs just to save little money?>

If you can't tell when to shift without a tach, don't drive manual.

The main idea is usually to cut every single extra cost that is not essential and sell the car to students,pensioners etc.

The absolute base model trucks are usually for the companies that need a fleet of vehicles. Or cheap around the farm beaters.

I don't get how cars in the 90s can equipped so poorly. I mean, take this Toyota Pickup for example. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4921338973.html. 5 speed manual, with no tach, so you don't know when to shift. Honestly, they're why do they need to remove some essentials such as power windows and tachs just to save little money?>

You can tell by:

1. Feeling the torque curve

2. Listening to the engine note

3. Basing off the speedometer

4. Estimating the vehicle speed

Base models often came standard with stick-shift trannies then, as they cost less to make in general.

If you really need a tach, you can always fit in an aftermarket one. Just grab one off Amazon.

you and your TE37's seriously need to chill. There are other wheel choices out there.

I happen to think those RPF1's are glorious. What are those track wheels @exyia? It's tough to tell in the pics. RSII's? 527's (I hope not)? They look nice too. 

Konig Milligram's. Idk why they aren't catching on in popularity - very similar weights to RPF1's. maybe it's the brushed metal lip (it's not paint), but thankfully I think it looks good on white :)

Honestly, why not TE37s?

because I'd rather spend the money on things that make me go faster

I don't get how cars in the 90s can equipped so poorly. I mean, take this Toyota Pickup for example. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4921338973.html. 5 speed manual, with no tach, so you don't know when to shift. Honestly, they're why do they need to remove some essentials such as power windows and tachs just to save little money?>

The Tercel didn't come with a tach and electric windows or locks. Some didn't even have air conditioning. They weren't essential. They were luxuries back then.

Aftermarket tachs are easy enough to fit.

System: Thinkpad T460

Konig Milligram's. Idk why they aren't catching on in popularity - very similar weights to RPF1's. maybe it's the brushed metal lip (it's not paint), but thankfully I think it looks good

I think they look great in bronze/gold/all brushed I'm not into black wheels. It looks good with the white car though.

Tachs aren't important. You can easily drive a manual on just the engine sound alone. And power windows aren't even important. Its all like power steering. People who have always used it complain when its not there, but if you've never had it, you'll never need it. My car doesnt have a tach, central locking, power windows, air con, air bags, power steering, ABS, traction control ect ect ect and it still serves me better than 90% better than newer cars would..

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

So, i decided to do the brakes on the Protege today, and it isn't good. I'm only doing the rear brakes, and it's a bitch. I found out, that the noise was because one pad was ground down all the way to the metal, but the other 3 pads are fine though, so i assume the caliper is done for, which it is, but that's for another day. The problem is that we can't use a C clamp to push the piston in the caliper to make it flush, which usually helps for us, but it's been super tight trying to get in, probably just hasn't been greased in a while.

Tachs aren't important. You can easily drive a manual on just the engine sound alone. And power windows aren't even important. Its all like power steering. People who have always used it complain when its not there, but if you've never had it, you'll never need it. My car doesnt have a tach, central locking, power windows, air con, air bags, power steering, ABS, traction control ect ect ect and it still serves me better than 90% better than newer cars would..

I disagree but only somewhat.... you need a tach for driving on a track, or being able to be extremely accurate on redline. 

But as for just driving around town and shifting at a reasonable RPM, you dont need one.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

A tach is like A/C, sure you dont really need it; but I sure as hell want it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

snip-

man roadkill is the best, wish i had the time (and money) to do some of the thing they do...... cars even old ones are expensive where i live 

A tach is like A/C, sure you dont really need it; but I sure as hell want it.

there are some places where you need A/C... 90+ degrees in the summer with 80%+ humidity, it is essential down here. What are you to do if you are going some place nice? It wouldnt be good to arrive all sweaty and stinky and dehydrated. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

there are some places where you need A/C... 90+ degrees in the summer with 80%+ humidity, it is essential down here. What are you to do if you are going some place nice? It wouldnt be good to arrive all sweaty and stinky and dehydrated. 

There are people all over the world without A/C in their cars. Is it nice, absolutely. Will I pay more for it, damn right.

But do you need it, no. You dont. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If you go someplace nice, i wouldn't expect you driving a car that looks like a pile of shit, like a geo metro. something with a bit more class, like a mercedes c class.

If you go someplace nice, i wouldn't expect you driving a car that looks like a pile of shit, like a geo metro. something with a bit more class, like a mercedes c class.

"You will see him on TV any given Sunday, Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai"

-Yeezy