Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I love older nissan navara pick ups a lot.

But damn this makes me want to get a ford

Omg it is soooooo amazing. I love it. I wish mine had one. :(

Omg it is soooooo amazing. I love it. I wish mine had one. :(

My back would love this.. If i had it on my navara i might not have the back problems i have today

It should've been standard equipment on trucks 70 years ago!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My back would love this.. If i had it on my navara i might not have the back problems i have today

Hell my knees would love it... Moving 150 boxes up and down the bed of my truck in a day? Yeah, it becomes a pain. :lol:

Hell my knees would love it... Moving 150 boxes up and down the bed of my truck in a day? Yeah, it becomes a pain. :lol:

Toolboxes, A bedfull of sett and a bunch of other crap.. I know your pain  :lol:

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Toolboxes, A bedfull of sett and a bunch of other crap.. I know your pain  :lol:

I still need to get it linex'd.. So many things, so little money.

I still need to get it linex'd.. So many things, so little money.

I wanted to do that on my navara. But the beds rust so quickly on them that i'd need to do the outside as well...

I wanted to do that on my navara. But the beds rust so quickly on them that i'd need to do the outside as well...

Yeah living here is kind of nice because vehicles really don't rust at all. Eventually I'll get the entire undercarriage linex'd too.

Yeah living here is kind of nice because vehicles really don't rust at all. Eventually I'll get the entire undercarriage linex'd too.

It is amazing what something so simple as salt can do to steel

Too rare. Someone needs to jump on this.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4982001933.html

Damn, Im pretty sure i would buy it if i didn't have to drive to la to get it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

@terrytek mazdaspeed 3's are awesome.

When your internet forces you to watch the video in 144p I hate my isp.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Too rare. Someone needs to jump on this.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4982001933.html

I found an RHD 92 wagon for about an extra grand. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4935640945.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I found an RHD 92 wagon for about an extra grand. http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4935640945.html

That's a poorly done Legacy L that was spray canned and I'd bet it was RHD converted.

There's no point buying an RHDjust for the same of it. You'd be virtually blind taking left turns...

The one I posted was a rare turbo legacy that don't pop up often

System: Thinkpad T460

That's a poorly done Legacy L that was spray canned and I'd bet it was RHD converted.

There's no point buying an RHDjust for the same of it. You'd be virtually blind taking left turns...

The one I posted was a rare turbo legacy that don't pop up often

Left turns aren't too bad. But overtaking is really difficult.. Not to mention having to either reverse through a drive thru or reach through the passenger window from the drivers seat to grab your food.

Left turns aren't too bad. But overtaking is really difficult.. Not to mention having to either reverse through a drive thru or reach through the passenger window from the drivers seat to grab your food.

I haven't been through a drive through even though 'Murrica

You'd know what I'm talking about when you have to take a left turn at a busy intersection where there are no turn signals and there's a car directly in front of you making oncoming traffic impossible to see. Taking left turns like that are already dangerous but... You have to take a huge gamble and turn before you even see cars coming the other way.

I haven't been through a drive through even though Merica'

You'd know why I'm talking about when you have to take a left turn at a busy intersection where there are no turn signals and there's a car directly in front of you making oncoming traffic impossible to see. Taking left turns like that are already dangerous but... You have to take a huge gamble and turn before you even see cars coming the other way.

Ah.. did not think about intersections. (Trollhättan mostly has roundabouts and good visibility)

Weekly topic. Show your usual driving conditions with google maps streetview.

Failed idea. Google maps sucks ass

Ah.. did not think about intersections. (Trollhättan mostly has roundabouts and good visibility)

American driving is different and in most cases worse.

And every major city in America drives differenlty as well

American driving is different and in most cases worse.

And every major city in America drives differenlty as well

People in major cities being unable to drive is usually the case.

Personally i'm more used to this level of traffic

49SuxwI.jpg

Weekly topic. Show your usual driving conditions with google maps streetview.

Failed idea. Google maps sucks ass

Through this everyday...

skyway.jpg

640_2014_09_09_09_13_55.jpg

A Finnish city with 10 000 people in an area the size of Turku(for those who know).

So not much traffic at all. This city even has one pair of streetlights in total. No roundabouts either. And one drive-thru.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I should definitely find a way to mount a phone to my dash to show you guys this city... It's sooooooooooo fun. /s

I should definitely find a way to mount a phone to my dash to show you guys this city... It's sooooooooooo fun. /s

A good way of doing it for free is to put it in between the headrest and the seat^^ 

A good way of doing it for free is to put it in between the headrest and the seat^^ 

Yeeaaaaaaaaaah....

galaxy-s3-blue5.jpg

I could duct tape it to the passenger headrest.. :D