Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

lol LTT has spoiled us with the good ui. I think jays forum feels like most forums did years ago.

And the new upcoming day theme....

System: Thinkpad T460

yeah, ive been posting a bit there if you haven't already seen :lol:

Yeah, I saw your "post desktop" thread :D

It's so hard from going from smooth LTT to rough forums. I'm not really a follower of Jay enough to be active  :D

Probably gonna go back when it's smoother

I think it's missing A LOT of key features that makes is still kinda unusable for me. The biggest being no onsite notification. The email rape is real  :o

Plus no rep system and no tagging people is tough too.

You got the "Speedy" username though  :D

lol LTT has spoiled us with the good ui. I think jays forum feels like most forums did years ago.

It's definitely a WIP. Really rough around the edges...

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yeah, I saw your "post desktop" thread :D

I think it's missing A LOT of key features that makes is still kinda unusable for me. The biggest being no onsite notification. The email rape is real  :o

Plus no rep system and no tagging people is tough too.

You got the "Speedy" username though   :D

It's definitely a WIP. Really rough around the edges...

yeah, it deffinitly need work. Not bad considering it the first day. Its been fairly stable for me. now back to the topic of cars, This has to be one of my favorite launch control videos of all time.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

yeah, it deffinitly need work. Not bad considering it the first day. Its been fairly stable for me. now back to the topic of cars, This has to be one of my favorite launch control videos of all time.

good GOD! That thing took off! My jaw was dropped during the entire video xD

The things I would do for a Nismo Z-Tune...

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I've been on forums for the majority of time time on the internet, his is pretty rough compared to when I started.

I've been on forums for the majority of time time on the internet, his is pretty rough compared to when I started.

Must have been the forums i used to go on then. Some i used to be on had some pretty bad ui

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Must have been the forums i used to go on then. Some i used to be on had some pretty bad ui

I mean, they weren't sophisticated, but the UI flow was at least much easier.

I think oils is the one thing with engines I won't screw around with..

I always double-check with the certifying body to confirm the performance of the lubricant. Besides, SK Lubricants (maker of ZIC) supplies the base oil and blend components (and sometimes even the completed product) to the more visible makers. They actually dominate in the refining/production of VHVI / VHVI+ base oils.

What oil filter do you use?

I use Wix, but I hear Fram makes some pretty good ones too

or toilet paper :P

I use Fleetguard, Baldwin or Wix for the most part. Supposedly Purolator is good too.

The higher end Napa, Bosch, Fram, etc. filters are alright. Their entry level models are worse than OE imo.

It is true that if you replace the filter regularly and on schedule, most would be just fine (even the budget FRAMs). Aside from being more durable and having working anti-drainback designs, good filters tend to either trap finer contaminants and/or take in more contaminants before they clog.

I personally would have like the see the 5.8L out of the new GT500's in the GT, but oh well. The Ecoboost is a great engine, and I'm willing to bet that some will be over 1000whp very soon.

Desktop: i7-5820K, SLI GTX 980 Ti, 16GB 2666MHz, H440

Laptop: Razer Blade 2015 QHD

I don't see why people hate Honda's

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

-snip-

This is the most underrated car of 2014/2015...

Škoda's are great... might be a bit biased as I own one :P

Not the Octavia VRS though but I'd like to.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

They associate it with ricers.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Honda cars are alright. First gen civics are cool. And honda enthusiasts are alright. The honda fanboys are the most toxic part of any car community though. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Page 200:

2014-chrysler-200-midsize-sedan-saloon-c

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Page 200:

~~

BlackElatedHarpyeagle.gif

Umm.. the pages are years, not model, but that's ok xD

If we're breaking the rules, then here is my 200 ;)

rr01.jpg

in this case the 200 is the top speed in MPH

Saw this:

-sexayy snip-

I spammed the like button because that needs more than one like form me :D

Liquid Blue Metallic is too sexy <3

Third favorite blue on the E39, which is actually saying quite a bit, judging by the fact that E39's has A LOT of colors, especially blue

10271499_10152948885922112_6925155654985

Some guy trashed a Hellcat a hour after buying it...

Its really funny because was the first Hellcat bought in Colorado, USA. Also it is the first reported crash of the 2015 Hellcat.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

I spammed the like button because that needs more than one like form me

Liquid Blue Metallic is too sexy <3

LOL

Last one I saw was a charcoal gray-ish I really liked the color.

System: Thinkpad T460

Its really funny because was the first Hellcat bought in Colorado, USA. Also it is the first reported crash of the 2015 Hellcat.

Someone forgot it was a straight line car. :P

This is just sad. I think the Hellcat variants of the Charger and the Challenger are the right halo cars for Dodge.