Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

LOL

Last one I saw was a charcoal gray-ish I really liked the color.

Yeah, dark gray colors look menacing on E39's. My cousin and uncle had an Antracite  (or maybe it was Steel Grey..) E39 sedan. I liked it. it's been sold for a while now though. now they have a TDI Sportwagen.

My favorite color for E39's

AyKPXJN.png

such a dynamic color. Looks completely different in the dark

exorcist-lemansblue-e39m3-feb09-4.jpg

I am such a sucker for colors that change in different lighting (Galaxy Blue Silica on the BRZ is another).

Meanwhile, out E39's are boring colors.. Titanium Silver and Black Sapphire

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Someone forgot it was a straight line car. :P

I am sure it can turn better than many cheaper cars. Maybe the guy just underestimated his/her speed because the car was just moving effortlessly (or he/she was trying to explore the limits of the car).

I am sure it can turn better than many cheaper cars. Maybe the guy just underestimated his/her speed because the car was just moving effortlessly (or he/she was trying to explore the limits of the car).

Above 100/120 I wouldn't try a curve on our highways.

@terrytek

thought you may enjoy this

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yeah, dark gray colors look menacing on E39's. My cousin and uncle had an Antracite  (or maybe it was Steel Grey..) E39 sedan. I liked it. it's been sold for a while now though. now they have a TDI Sportwagen.

My favorite color for E39's

--snip--

such a dynamic color. Looks completely different in the dark

--snip--

I am such a sucker for colors that change in different lighting (Galaxy Blue Silica on the BRZ is another).

Meanwhile, out E39's are boring colors.. Titanium Silver and Black Sapphire

OMG OMG OMG OMG! A E39!!

I know a guys who has a e39 M5, so frigging awesome!!

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

There's something satisfying of having an idiot with a fartcan Civic sitting next to you at a light, it turns green, his car is making all the noise in the world as I fly past him in a 3 ton un-aerodynamic box. Yeah... this thing is soo slow..

@terrytek

thought you may enjoy this

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm surprised he said the steering felt tighter than an STi. Now I really want one. Can't believe it's a Ford engine, Ford chassis, and even assembled in a Ford plant. Shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I might take a look at this,

$_85.JPG

For sale at €900, and i need a car when the bug is gone xD

Has;

AC, Electric windows and powersteering :o

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

I might take a look at this,

$_85.JPG

For sale at €900, and i need a car when the bug is gone xD

Has;

AC, Electric windows and powersteering :o

Another thing. Does it have a clock?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Quiet. Again.

Currently have;

2013 Cadillac CTS-V

2015 Corvette Stingray

1995 Toyota Supra TT

1978 Datsun 280z project car that will be rocking a LS9

Will be looking into getting a Tesla once my Cadillac is paid off sometime this year

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Currently own:

1985 T3 Crewcab/Doka pickup

1969 FT bonito (google that one :P )

Currently have;

2013 Cadillac CTS-V

2015 Corvette Stingray

1995 Toyota Supra TT

1978 Datsun 280z project car that will be rocking a LS9

No way, an MKIV Supra? How much power you planning to make on that?

No way, an MKIV Supra? How much power you planning to make on that?

When I bought it from the original owner it only had 14,500 miles and had a few performance upgrades & engine swap. The dyno sheet shows it pushing 675hp. All I've done on it since is get a semi-matte white paint job, lower it on new set of shoes and add a beefier exhaust. Only put 2000 miles on it in 5 years lol. Weekend dream car ftw

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

When I bought it from the original owner it only had 14,500 miles and had a few performance upgrades & engine swap. The dyno sheet shows it pushing 675hp. All I've done on it since is get a semi-matte white paint job, lower it on new set of shoes and add a beefier exhaust. Only put 2000 miles on it in 5 years lol. Weekend dream car ftw

Damn, is it gonna have a fat ass? Like, wide? I suggest something from HKS with a burnt tip. I suggest this: http://www.hksusa.com/supra-1993-1998-carbon-ti-exhaust-off-road/

@AlexStriz, you know what I love best about those E39s? Those halo headlights. Add a degree of sleekiness and sexiness, paired with the right paint job, of course.

Damn, is it gonna have a fat ass? Like, wide? I suggest something from HKS with a burnt tip. I suggest this: http://www.hksusa.com/supra-1993-1998-carbon-ti-exhaust-off-road/

It's got a custom almost one piece exhaust built by a buddy at a local drag/performance shop. Sounds like a beast

It's got a custom almost one piece exhaust built by a buddy at a local drag/performance shop. Sounds like a beast

Custom. Even better. I'd drive it around and rev it just for the giggles. It better sound nasty awesome.

Custom. Even better. I'd drive it around and rev it just for the giggles. It better sound nasty awesome.

Funny enough, I watched this video the other day on Drive about a supra that happens to be done by the shop that did my car before I got it - 

But revving for the giggles.. That's what I got the CTS-V lol

Funny enough, I watched this video the other day on Drive about a supra that happens to be done by the shop that did my car before I got it - 

But revving for the giggles.. That's what I got the CTS-V lol

Wow, cool. You should install an anti-lag turbo. All the backfiring creating a firestorm of its own.

But 2JZs can sound cool.

Wow, cool. You should install an anti-lag turbo. All the backfiring creating a firestorm of its own.

But 2JZs can sound cool.

Buuut...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Buuut...

But he already has a V8 car, a CTS-V. Besides, the 2JZ is such a strong engine it can make monumental amounts of power if done right.

But he already has a V8 car, a CTS-V. Besides, the 2JZ is such a strong engine it can make monumental amounts of power if done right.

Don't forget luck. Luck is always involved with shoving lots of power in to engines.

Don't forget luck. Luck is always involved with shoving lots of power in to engines.

Yeah, a little, but this is such a strong engine, like the RB26.

So I have a question for you manual nuts. How hard is it to destroy each piece of a clutch?