Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I cant be the only one who thinks the Peugeot RCZ in pearl white looks stunning

rcz-pearl-white-side.jpg

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

I cant be the only one who thinks the Peugeot RCZ in pearl white looks stunning

Looks like an SC430 to me....

But hey, my opinion.

System: Thinkpad T460

But hey, my opinion.

At first i thought that you had to be joking. There could be no way that they were similar in any way.

Then i googled it.. There are styling cues that are surprisingly familiar.

tumblr_lptp0wk3TW1qc9ljx.gif

On a slightly unrelated note

Over 1000 cars have been destroyed during the filming of the The fast and the furious series. 

With countless more lost to rice after the first one no doubt

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

But hey, my opinion.

I always thought,

If VW did a New Karmann Ghia, it would look like that

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

I always thought,

If VW did a New Karmann Ghia, it would look like that

rcz-pearl-white-side.jpg

vw_karmann-ghia_rs1.jpg

That is surprisingly accurate  :o

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/comingsoon/type-r/

3947037+_4ba86d47d041fd8593bf9fb0feae8b6                         

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yea....

Especially that quarter panel.

it might be a better predecessor then the audi TT

Spoilers on spoilers on spoilers tho

Wingo3.jpg

And blowing a cylinder because of bad shifting?

Very difficult to do, but constant power shifting or over-revving (especially for engines with no rev cut) may result to this.

I think my car has the original clutch and has 216 000 kilometres on it. And what do mean by destroying you each piece of a clutch. I think the only thing that's often serviced is the friction pad.

Normally they replace the pressure plate and the release bearing too when replacing the clutch disc. The pilot bearing may be worth replacing as well while the tranny is off anyway.

Above 100/120 I wouldn't try a curve on our highways.

I will admit to driving a rental Fusion pinned at the speed limiter (fairly low at 112mph) for many stretches between Memphis and Nashville. I40 has turns gradual enough that summer traction was enough to keep the car planted (on cheap OE tires). The fastest I've driven in the US were in the Nevada and Arizona stretches of I15 and I40. I was young and stupid then, so I got to explore the GS400's limit of 149mph. Funny how I was not able to reach that with a GT500 and a Viper when I was older and a bit wiser (thinking about safety and possible jailtime).

Normally they replace the pressure plate and the release bearing too when replacing the clutch disc. The pilot bearing may be worth replacing as well while the tranny is off anyway.

Yeah that too, but in my experience the clutch replacement kits usually come with those.

And it's always fun the the new bearing doesn't fit.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

At first i thought that you had to be joking. There could be no way that they were similar in any way.

Then i googled it.. There are styling cues that are surprisingly familiar.

On a slightly unrelated note

Over 1000 cars have been destroyed during the filming of the The fast and the furious series. 

With countless more lost to rice after the first one no doubt

1000 in the series. how about one movie. 

the 1974 gone in 60 seconds.

93 cars are crashed in this 97 minute movie.

almost one per minute.

Blarg

New Pictures of My Car: 

ErZ4FuE.jpg

gWCcBAU.jpg

I really hope this comes to the US. It's been too long since we have had a great car from Honda here.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I really hope this comes to the US. It's been too long since we have had a great car from Honda here.

Supposedly the US will not get the same body type, but there are rumors that the US may get a related turbocharged engine too.

Supposedly the US will not get the same body type, but there are rumors that the US may get a related turbocharged engine too.

I hope to at least see a similar chassis in the us, but knowing the us, especially California, we will probably get an extremely cut down version.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Well, technically, there was the Integra Type R, but that was like 15 years ago. I've been yearning for a JDM car for so long. All the JDM performance cars have sort of, disappeared, in the US. Mazda hasn't been doing much with the Mazdaspeed division, Honda doesn't have any good performance cars in the US, and Nissan has only one good performance car, the GT-R.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I remember when manual cars had more gears than automatics. Now, it's the total opposite, with automatics having as many as 9 speeds, while manuals are stuck at 6 speeds. Is this just because people are too lazy for the shifting, it's just not fun anymore, or what's the big deal here?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I remember when manual cars had more gears than automatics. Now, it's the total opposite, with automatics having as many as 9 speeds, while manuals are stuck at 6 speeds. Is this just because people are too lazy for the shifting, it's just not fun anymore, or what's the big deal here?

New Raptor has 10... O.o

I think it's just for fuel economy.

New Raptor has 10... O.o

I think it's just for fuel economy.

I also remember when manuals were MORE economical than a fucking automatic. Us petrolheads are losing the battle to fucking lazy maniacs who are too lazy to shift.

Pretty sure Porsche has had a 7-speed for a while. I think the new Stingray's got one too

Manuals in general are becoming less and less popular (in the US). As you said, i think  people are just lazy. Too busy texting and driving :ph34r:  I think it's loads of fun shifting your own gears

I saw an M3 a few minutes ago. It was nice.

What gen?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I hope to at least see a similar chassis in the us, but knowing the us, especially California, we will probably get an extremely cut down version.

AHMCI is likely to keep costs in check for sales performance so they are unlikely to go overboard with a Civic. While Type-R Civics and Integras did indeed handle well, they could not match things a notch higher in price range (say Fairlady Z, WRX STi or Lancer Evolution) in most real-world conditions. This new one is unlikely to change that with its twist-beam rear end. 

I also remember when manuals were MORE economical than a fucking automatic. Us petrolheads are losing the battle to fucking lazy maniacs who are too lazy to shift.

Because automatics are the bane of gearheads...?