Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

So I have a question for you manual nuts. How hard is it to destroy each piece of a clutch?

Depends on your driving habits. If you shift at high RPMs with the OEM clutch, possibly pretty easy. If you keep riding the clutch, it's pretty easy. If you're an easy, i don't care person, not so easy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Depends on your driving habits. If you shift at high RPMs with the OEM clutch, possibly pretty easy. If you keep riding the clutch, it's pretty easy. If you're an easy, i don't care person, not so easy.

And blowing a cylinder because of bad shifting?

And blowing a cylinder because of bad shifting?

If you don't match engine speeds, while downshifting, maybe.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So I have a question for you manual nuts. How hard is it to destroy each piece of a clutch?

I think my car has the original clutch and has 216 000 kilometres on it. And what do mean by destroying you each piece of a clutch. I think the only thing that's often serviced is the friction pad.

And I've never heard of a destroyed engine because of a manual, at least on normal cars.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Didn't read the whole thread but this car is definitely  one of my favs:

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

I think my car has the original clutch and has 216 000 kilometres on it. And what do you each piece of a clutch. I think the only thing that's often serviced is the friction pad.

And I've never heard of an destroyed engine because of an manual, at least on normal cars.

Our Protege runs 230K with the original clutch. It all depends on how you drive it.

You can be a real knucklehead and just leave the gear in low like 1st and just keep accelerating till you blow the engine.

I think my car has the original clutch and has 216 000 kilometres on it. And what do mean by destroying you each piece of a clutch. I think the only thing that's often serviced is the friction pad.

And I've never heard of a destroyed engine because of a manual, at least on normal cars.

Like all three pieces no longer work if you stick them together, they're broken pieces of metal.

Our Protege runs 230K with the original clutch. It all depends on how you drive it.

You can be a real knucklehead and just leave the gear in low like 1st and just keep accelerating till you blow the engine.

Is that kilometres or miles?

And transmissions do have syncros in them but I'm not sure what they do when downshifting.

@AlwaysFSX Something really horrible would need to happen I think. If the pad wears out the clutch usually doesn't self destruct.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

@AlwaysFSX Something really horrible would need to happen I think. If the pad wears out the clutch usually doesn't self destruct.

Well, I met someone that ground out every single gear in their transmission, literally destroyed their entire clutch, and blew a cylinder. Because of their shifting. They bought a used car that's also a manual with 70k miles on it and had next to no fluids at the time of purchase. Placed money when the thing will die.

They don't know how to shift to save their life, takes em about three whole seconds to go from gear to gear.

Just bought GTA Vice City and San Andreas for the ps2.

aaaaahhh, good ol times  :D

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Just bought GTA Vice City and San Andreas for the ps2.

aaaaahhh, good ol times  :D

How many blood splatters are there on your bumpers?

How many blood splatters are there on your bumpers?

i wedged a countach between 2 pilars....  :ph34r:

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Terminator. Muscle car of all muscle cars.

- snip -

How many mustangs does it have under that hood?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

For me. It's almost impossible. I've got good shifting habits worked into muscle memory.

But the easiest way of destroying a clutch would probably be to drive like an old person.

Full throttle and control the speed with the clutch. That thing will be history in no time

Didn't read the whole thread but this car is definitely  one of my favs:

I've seen that before. That guy is lucky. And it looks perfect.

This is the Zonda's half brother:

--snip--

I've wanted the convertible version of that for a long time^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Beautiful. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU NEVER TRY OR DO THIS

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Currently have;

2013 Cadillac CTS-V

2015 Corvette Stingray

1995 Toyota Supra TT

1978 Datsun 280z project car that will be rocking a LS9

Will be looking into getting a Tesla once my Cadillac is paid off sometime this year

Jeez! That us quite the collection you got there :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Here is a nice video. 

I am in love with the R31. If they just gave me a couple of hours with that engine.. That thing would be great

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Above 100/120 I wouldn't try a curve on our highways.

If you live in Pennsylvania, like me, a low car would get its butt kicked from how bad the roads are. 

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Right. Just saw another picture with this problem so i'll rant about it for a bit.

We all know that girls are used in the automotive and computer industry to draw people to the booth of the people that are selling some random product.

And that it's quite common to use girls in pictures with cars for whatever reason.

Now. This is how i prefer the pictures to look. When i google for instance. Merc SL

DvHnzkd.jpg

That's simple. Straight forward. And i get to see most of the car. 

And i don't really mind when the girl is off a bit to the side so i can ignore her and just look at the car instead.

isQAQUv.jpg

But lately it just feels like they've gone full retard.
uS8Skd4.jpg

GET THAT RIVET BELT OFF THE PAINT!... I just wanted to see a nice SL... Not this. The rear quarter looks nice though.. 
Another example

5ONxSRg.jpg

Will you ladies please move? I want to admire the styling. I mean. I searched for pictures of mercs.. Not you.. Also if you could wipe off your hand prints that would be very appreciated. That's a car show no-no

Anyone else bothered by the "Well if i'm going to take a picture of my car.. I should probably hire a model to sit on it" crap?

Now i will say that i'm not against girls in pictures of cars in any way. IF it's the owner/driver/mechanic. A perfect example is this

ivzxm2E.jpg

sabine schmitz leaning on an m3 that looks rather nice. I wonder what she can do with that though. Since she beat quite a few cars around the Nürburgring in a van

If you live in Pennsylvania, like me, a low car would get its butt kicked from how bad the roads are. 

Try driving a lowered car in NYC, where I live. You couldn't go three minutes without cringing at scratching noises under your car.

Try driving a lowered car in NYC, where I live. You couldn't go three minutes without cringing at scratching noises under your car.

where I live if you have a low car on a road thats like a few years old with a dip in it you would HAVE TO  get a new bumper its terrible here except I know alot of people with low car

Hi friend.Who are you?