Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Don't like curves?

ford-flex-07.jpg

It was the first thing to come to mind.

I don't hate it. Tons of space for a roadtrip

System: Thinkpad T460

Don't like curves?

ford-flex-07.jpg

It was the first thing to come to mind.

I actually love the Flex. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

-snips-

Snip quoted pictures dude. :P

I don't hate it. Tons of space for a roadtrip

I wouldn't know, apparently they're nice but I've never been in one.

I actually love the Flex. 

^ above post ^

Snip quoted pictures dude. :P

I wouldn't know, apparently they're nice but I've never been in one.

^ above post ^

Twin Turbo V6 option. I have been in one. Apparently it is quieter than a Merc GLK. (Inside) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/auction-836036069.htm

So I want that as my first car instead of a Legacy...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

So I had a race today, and when I got back to my hotel room I was too tired/lazy to make food. So I went out and got some fast food (it was Mexican).

The food is just starting to hit me and this about sums up how I am feeling right now.

CAwrSWW.png

Even if you didnt like the story, this is a pretty sweet .gif xD

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

So I had a race today, and when I got back to my hotel room I was too tired/lazy to make food. So I went out and got some fast food (it was Mexican).

The food is just starting to hit me and this about sums up how I am feeling right now.

CAwrSWW.png

Even if you didnt like the story, this is a pretty sweet .gif xD

So you had to let out that gas?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So you had to let out that gas?

Terry, you get so anal on other people about snipping stuff, and then you don't? Cmon man, set a good example, you're a mod on this thread! :P:D jk

Without getting too disturbing, it was a bit more than just gas.   :wacko:

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Terry, you get so anal on other people about snipping stuff, and then you don't? Cmon man, set a good example, you're a mod on this thread! :P:D jk

Without getting too disturbing, it was a bit more than just gas.   :wacko:

So, the shits, really? Where are you staying? water source may not be reliable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, the shits, really? Where are you staying? water source may not be reliable.

I'm staying at a hotel. Water source seems to be working so far..

If anything bad happens, it's OK.. I'm leaving tomorrow morning anyways  :ph34r:

Never going to a cheap Mexican place again, that's for sure

If anything bad happens, it's OK.. I'm leaving tomorrow morning anyways  :ph34r:

Never going to a cheap Mexican place again, that's for sure If you're ever in El Paso, go to Chico's. :)

I hope you don't have a long drive.

I hope you don't have a long drive.

Ahhh this'll be fun

qnmUhLk.png

Ahhh this'll be fun

See if that were 100 miles in this region you could just do 120 for most of the drive. :lol:

Never going to a cheap Mexican place again, that's for sure

My cousin who's been to india would say. If you ever think you've got it bad. Go to india and drink a litre of tap water. 

dave-chappelle-gifs-11.gif

He was down there for a week. Three days of which he spent in his bathroom xD But yeah. Never really a good idea to cheap out on food. Especially mexican and chinese food.

It's like using the cheap barely branded semi synthetic oil in your engine. To keep it relevant to the thread

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My cousin who's been to india would say. If you ever think you've got it bad. Go to india and drink a litre of tap water. 

-snips-

He was down there for a week. Three days of which he spent in his bathroom xD But yeah. Never really a good idea to cheap out on food. Especially mexican and chinese food.

It's like using the cheap barely branded semi synthetic oil in your engine. To keep it relevant to the thread

That gif is fucking marvelous.

To be somewhat relevant, that gif can be used for some reactions about cars.

That gif is fucking marvelous.

To be somewhat relevant, that gif can be used for some reactions about cars.

Like how some cars that were made over 40 years ago that were never meant to last long actually lasted that long.

---

omg just noticed... his shoes though :D :D

Car parts I try to never skimp on. You always end up paying more in the long run.

OW-40 is where it's at. I've always wanted to try out 5w-40 though.. 

@AlwaysFSX Is Chico's actually good? I've heard a lot about it. 

although I don't really want to think about Mexican food right now  :unsure:

Might as well throw out a quick mid week question.

What kind of oil do you prefer.

Synthetic

Semi-Synthetic

Or 

The glorious and fantastic liquid that is proper mineral oil?

Also what brand.
My go-to oil so far has been Texaco 15w-40. (Not sure what the golf wants though.. it's probably something horrid)

I guess my answer is fairly obvious.

(I have had a moment with my black 190E where i noticed that i had zero oil pressure because of synthetic oil.. I looked at the mechanic and said "You put WHAT in my car!?")

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

omg just noticed... his shoes though :D:D

Car parts I try to never skimp on. You always end up paying more in the long run.

OW-40 is where it's at. 

Trust me, you wouldn't want to skimp on cheap car parts. My dad bought a timing belt kit, no brand, for our 2002 Protege off eBay. Needless to say, 10K or so later, the belt tore, but none of the internals got destroyed. Now I got name brand parts only.

Well.. there's a small chance you might die.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to skimp on cheap car parts. My dad bought a timing belt kit, no brand, for our 2002 Protege off eBay. Needless to say, 10K or so later, the belt tore, but none of the internals got destroyed. Now I got name brand parts only.

Bad timing belt, no bueno. Never skimp on that.

Synthetic

Semi-Synthetic

Or 

Also what brand.

My go-to oil so far has been Texaco 15w-40. (Not sure what the golf wants though.. it's probably something horrid)

(I have had a moment with my black 190E where i noticed that i had zero oil pressure because of synthetic oil.. I looked at the mechanic and said "You put WHAT in my car!?")

Synthetic. My go to is always either Mobil 1 Extended Protection or Royal Purple. All the time.

Well.. there's a small chance you might die.

Bad timing belt, no bueno. Never skimp on that.

Yeah. We learned the hard way. On the way home, the car lost power and was stuck on the side of the road.

omg just noticed... his shoes though :D:D

Yeah the shoes are a nice touch xD

Protip.  If anyone here gets a benz from the 80s-early 2000s. Never. Ever. Ever. Buy monroe shocks. They wear out faster than an engine with gravel in it

Synthetic

Semi-Synthetic

Or 

Also what brand.

I already answered this, but I'm using Mobil 1 0w-40. 

@techswede. How do you like the 15w-40? I think I have some Rotella T 5w-40 (or maybe it was 30...) that I wanna try out in the summer (0w is factually better in the winter).

Yeah. We learned the hard way. On the way home, the car lost power and was stuck on the side of the road.

That suuuuuuuuuucks.