Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

The first vehicle I bought was a Suzuki DR-200 motorcycle because I had just gotten my first job and couldn't afford a car yet. It was probably not super wise but I had a ton of fun with that. I still own it but it rarely gets ridden anymore.

My first car was a 96 Ford Taurus which was actually really reliable until I loaned it to my sister during my first year of college. She had a radiator hose burst and just kept driving :( so it overheated. Warped deck and heads. I put brand new heads on it but the deck was so warped that it would leak coolant into the cylinders at about a gallon an hour. Can you believe she actually wanted me to replace that car for her! So technically she still owes me a car lol, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

After that catastrophically expensive experience I bought a 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 with the 5 speed so my sister couldn't borrow it if she wanted, as she cannot drive a manual transmission. I still own this one. It has been pretty reliable, only some minor hick-ups in the 6 years I've owned it. 160K on it now so I am considering replacing it in the spring.

Somewhere in there I bought a 1998 Ford Mustang GT Trackpack for something a bit more fun. I have put a boatload of money into it, Brembo Brakes, MSI Ignition, Diablo Sport ECU, BBK long tube headers, BBK CAI, BBK throttle body and plenum, Stainless braided brake lines (I forget the brand), BBK Cat-less H-pipe, Comp Cams, BBK fuel pump, larger injectors (I forget who made those), SLP Catback stainless exhaust, I'm sure there is more but I cant remember it all without the car in front of me. The sad part is that those SOHC 4.6L modular motors dont make a ton of power until you add boost. It made 314 RWHP and 373 FT-LB of torque the last time I had it on a chassis dyno in 2008. So I would guess the engine is probably making ~350HP and 410 FT-LBs or so. Its got a Tremec T-5 5 speed and a Trosen differential in the 8.8" rear end. I still have this one too, I primarily use it for a fun car for weekends. I will occasionally bring it to work, on nice Friday's during the summer.

In the spring I was planning on replacing my Focus with a new Focus ST, but now that Ford has announced the new Focus RS will be here for 2016, I may have to wait for that. Or at least wait until I know what it will cost.

I dont have access to my Photobucket at work, but I can throw up pics later once I get home. For now a pic of the RS Focus will have to do.

ae-ford-focus-rs-rear.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Jesus. One night and I'm up to 54 notifications from this thread.. this thing is going crazy techswede.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Jesus. One night and I'm up to 54 notifications from this thread.. this thing is going crazy techswede.

that's nothing, other threads like the Unigen valley thread have left more than 100 in my box by itself.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

that's nothing, other threads like the Unigen valley thread have left more than 100 in my box by itself.

Overnight? This was during the 6 hours that I slept. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@Lord Pantaloons that was a nice falcon coupe 

Looks nice but it was a 30 footer, it was also a dammed death trap.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

My moms first car..  she sold it to her friend... im trying to get it back!

My Dad had one in High School. He's always been looking for one. Black with red interior, AC with no sunroof.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

My Dad had one in High School. He's always been looking for one. Black with red interior, AC with no sunroof.

Pretty hard to find! 

An estimated 30,000 GTIs were built at Volkswagen's Pennsylvania factory in 1983 and '84.

What is your favorite type(s) of car engine & why? also which engine sound do you like the most?

Inline 6. VR6 if I can cheat and include that as well. Why the I6/VR6? Balance, power, packaging, wide range of use - I like that they are effectively used in both passenger cars and tanks. But I like the possibility of what the IC engine can become. I think Koenigsegg's philosophy regarding his hypercars is valid; we see many manufacturers combining two flawed powertrains (electric and combustion) to create these hybrid hypercars, instead of investing in R&D to further make the IC engine as efficient as possible. I really want to see a thoroughly developed camless engine in my lifetime. The reduction of the number of moving parts is exciting. The possibilities that open up when you free the valves in that way are incredible.

VR6 makes a hell of sound! Sounds very exotic for such a seemingly plebeian engine.

Anyone here just love Audi cars?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Random%20019.jpgVR6 looks weird. Although it does have the advantage of being less wide than V6. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Speaking of engine types..flat-plane.

*Snip*

I would do terrible, horrible things to that car, and I am not afraid to admit it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I would do terrible, horrible things to that car, and I am not afraid to admit it.

D: like what?

D: like what?

I'm going to do a quick skim of the CoC before I answer that  ;)

But let me just preface with how wildly sexy the new Mustangs are...

Women love my Mustang, I couldn't imagine the amount of giggity you could pull with one of those.

I'm going to do a quick skim of the CoC before I answer that  ;)

But let me just preface with how wildly sexy the new Mustangs are...

Women love my Mustang, I couldn't imagine the amount of giggity you could pull with one of those.

:lol: oh my..

I already know what I'm going to do to our 2000 once the engine takes itself out. It's got a knock in it already but 190k hard miles will do that. :P

Speaking of engine types..flat-plane.

--snip--

Ours is almost like the GT350.. almost xD

--snip--

*not a picture of ours

Speaking of ford engines^^

If i was to ever build a muscle car for daily use. I'd order a ford racing coyote engine :)

412bhp and 528nm's of torque right out of the box and fits in almost everything.

I'd throw the drive by wire throttle in the bin though.. My foot should work a wire or linkage. Not a damn sensor.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Speaking of ford engines^^

If i was to ever build a muscle car for daily use. I'd order a ford racing coyote engine :)

412bhp and 528nm's of torque right out of the box and fits in almost everything.

I'd throw the drive by wire throttle in the bin though.. My foot should work a wire or linkage. Not a damn sensor.

Throw on the new Roush supercharger and get it over 600. I want to do that in a Terminator.

:lol: oh my..

I already know what I'm going to do to our 2000 once the engine takes itself out. It's got a knock in it already but 190k hard miles will do that. :P

65K on my 98 and my dad has ~37k on his 2000 convert. 

I really do like the new Coyote motor, a lot. I would love to swap one into mine as well.

Throw on the new Roush supercharger and get it over 600. I want to do that in a Terminator.

The stock 412bhp is enough for street use^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The stock 412bhp is enough for street use^^ 

if you can put a number on the amount of horsepower that you have then you aren't making enough.

Anyone here just love Audi cars?

Audi's are just fancy VWs. Actually the hierarchy goes like this:

Škoda/Seat<VW<Audi<Bentley/Lambo<Bugatti

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

65K on my 98 and my dad has ~37k on his 2000 convert.

I really do like the new Coyote motor, a lot. I would love to swap one into mine as well.

We've used ours as a daily driver for really only 8 years of the 15 that we've owned it. Had a 2008 F150 Lariat and got 60k on it and then out current 2011 F150 is sitting at 38k. All while our Mustang was sitting in the garage only being ran to keep it running. We've used this thing from the snowy mountains of New Hampshire to Death Valley. Once the engine goes out I'm putting in a 3.5L EcoBoost because it's already twice the power (and a fuckton more torque) and because of my good gas mileage. Then replacing the damn stick axle for the IRS in a cobra. And of course getting rid of the pathetic repaint we now have that wad poorly done and get our stripes back.