Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

if you can put a number on the amount of horsepower that you have then you aren't making enough.

Fixed it for you :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We've used ours as a daily driver for really only 8 years of the 15 that we've owned it. Had a 2008 F150 Lariat and got 60k on it and then out current 2011 F150 is sitting at 38k. All while our Mustang was sitting in the garage only being ran to keep it running. We've used this thing from the snowy mountains of New Hampshire to Death Valley. Once the engine goes out I'm putting in a 3.5L EcoBoost because it's already twice the power (and a fuckton more torque) and because of my good gas mileage. Then replacing the damn stick axle for the IRS in a cobra. And of course getting rid of the pathetic repaint we now have that wad poorly done and get our stripes back.

A lot of people use them for daily drivers, that is one of the reasons I really like the car; they are reliable enough to be used that way and can still be a ton of fun.

As for the 3.5L, to each his own. If you still want to drive it everyday, that is probably a better choice. I'm 100% with you on the IRS though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

A lot of people use them for daily drivers, that is one of the reasons I really like the car; they are reliable enough to be used that way and can still be a ton of fun.

As for the 3.5L, to each his own. If you still want to drive it everyday, that is probably a better choice. I'm 100% with you on the IRS though.

I've got enough experience with the 3.5L because it's in my truck and doesn't let me down and have gotten plenty of info regarding the engine's durability. Keep in mind, if you abuse the engine then of course it'll get problems.

Oh, and re-re-upholster the interior because what the autoshop put in is very clearly not the oem style fabric. -_-

saw one of these a couple days ago, pretty strange for Minnesota in the wintertime. 

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=695573&stc=1&d=1337795212

They're pretty common in EU

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

saw one of these a couple days ago, pretty strange for Minnesota in the wintertime. 

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=695573&stc=1&d=1337795212

It'll do a fine job in the winter. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Today was the first time I tried left foot braking... You can predict how it went :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Today was the first time I tried left foot braking... You can predict how it went :P

It works when you let off the gas first. :P

It works when you let off the gas first. :P

Yeah, I need more practice :D

osu! profile

Well then. 1 day, 300 replies. I would love a DOHC B18C Type R engine in any car I would drive. I would also love those sexy as hell RB28DETT engines.

Sorry if I haven't posted much, i have to prepare for a trip to Reno tomorrow, and we just planned it yesterday.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Anyone here just love Audi cars?

After paying almost $5k to swap out the tranny in our Allroad. No. Don't really love them anymore. But it drives amazing, with all 430hp. 

Love hate relationship really

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

After paying almost $5k to swap out the tranny in our Allroad. No. Don't really love them anymore. But it drives amazing, with all 430hp. 

just get a Subaru :P

osu! profile

Pretty hard to find! 

An estimated 30,000 GTIs were built at Volkswagen's Pennsylvania factory in 1983 and '84.

Yea, but they are out there. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Rabbit-GTI-1984-volkswagen-rabbit-gti-manual-transmission-sunroof-all-original-/161525450500?forcerrptr=true&hash=item259baac704&item=161525450500&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Also, this video is a good demonstrative of a GTI. My dad's sounded exactly like this.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

just get a Subaru :P

And be like literally everyone else in my school? I am one of three people in my grade that doesnt have a Subaru. No thanks. Plus we occasionally tow a caravan and Subie's have no torque

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

This has been my impression of VW for a while now.

I had a cousin that bought a couple year old Passat, $10,000 in repairs in the 3 years he owned it. $2,000 of that was a replacement gauge cluster which died.

A good buddy of mine in college had a Jetta that was only a few years old, he had $2-3K worth of repairs during college, including $1000 for a fuel pump and pressure regulator.

My current boss is driving a 2010 Jetta, he is on his 3rd A/C compressor. He doesn't plan to own it much longer.

Perhaps I have just known the people who have the lemons, but its enough to keep me at arms reach. All the VW's I have been in have ridden very nice, and generally been nice cars, they just appear to be expensive to own.

And be like literally everyone else in my school? I am one of three people in my grade that doesnt have a Subaru. No thanks. Plus we occasionally tow a caravan and Subie's have no torque

didn't know the situation... When someone mentions torque and pulling caravans I think of that "drag" race in Top gear :P

osu! profile

Don't know much about cars. Maybe someone can help me out a bit. Getting a new car soon (have been saving up for years) anyway, I either want to get a 2015 VW jetta, or a 2015 Camry. What would you guys suggest?

EDIT: Also open for other suggestions!

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

Don't know much about cars. Maybe someone can help me out a bit. Getting a new car soon (have been saving up for years) anyway, I either want to get a 2015 VW jetta, or a 2015 Camry. What would you guys suggest?

any specific things you're looking for (big boot, high mpg)?

osu! profile

What makes you want one of those two? 

I'm not hating, just trying to understand more about what you want.

..mustang..

any specific things you're looking for (big boot, high mpg)?

hmmm, Well, Good Mpg that's for sure, fun to drive. Something that will last me a long time, and still hold value.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

What makes you want one of those two? 

I'm not hating, just trying to understand more about what you want.

Not sure really, Some people suggested to me that i should look at VW, ever sense then i have really liked the jetta. Then just recently someone had told me to go with a Camry, because they are very reliable and last a very long time.

didn't know the situation... When someone mentions torque and pulling caravans I think of that "drag" race in Top gear :P

Yeah. If we didn't have a caravan to pull we'd definitely own a Subaru. 

This has been my impression of VW for a while now.

I had a cousin that bought a couple year old Passat, $10,000 in repairs in the 3 years he owned it. $2,000 of that was a replacement gauge cluster which died.

A good buddy of mine in college had a Jetta that was only a few years old, he had $2-3K worth of repairs during college, including $1000 for a fuel pump and pressure regulator.

My current boss is driving a 2010 Jetta, he is on his 3rd A/C compressor. He doesn't plan to own it much longer.

Perhaps I have just known the people who have the lemons, but its enough to keep me at arms reach. All the VW's I have been in have ridden very nice, and generally been nice cars, they just appear to be expensive to own.

Yeah. They're a pain. We had a Passat that we sold before anything big happened to it. My uncle bought a new Jetta Sportwagen two years ago. He bought an extended 5 year extra coverage warranty. After the warranty is up, he's just gonna sell the car, take whatever amount of cash he gets, and buys a new car. It's kinda unorthodox, but it beats having to pay for all the expensive repairs

..mustang..

ahahaha, probably to expensive for me, sadly.. :(