Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Don't know much about cars. Maybe someone can help me out a bit. Getting a new car soon (have been saving up for years) anyway, I either want to get a 2015 VW jetta, or a 2015 Camry. What would you guys suggest?

EDIT: Also open for other suggestions!

I wouldn't go for the new Jettas. Theyre nothing like the ones in Europe, which are amazing. It's a completely different car here (except the Sportwagen). Not nearly as good. Same with the Passat. They've been too Americanized

Why have you narrowed it to the Jetta and Camry?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I wouldn't go for the new Jettas. Theyre nothing like the ones in Europe, which are amazing. It's a completely different car here (except the Sportwagen). Not nearly as good. Same with the Passat. They've been too Americanized

Why have you narrowed it to the Jetta and Camry?

Not really narrowed down i guess. Just when it comes to cars I know nothing. I'm more of a computer guy. That's why I'm here in this thread, for advice i guess. Also open to suggestions :)

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

ahahaha, probably to expensive for me, sadly.. :(

Nah, you can get a new one decently cheap and an older one really cheap.

Not sure really, Some people suggested to me that i should look at VW, ever sense then i have really liked the jetta. Then just recently someone had told me to go with a Camry, because they are very reliable and last a very long time.

Perhaps look at the Focus as well. It's going to be a bit cheaper than the Jetta or Camry. Its a nice little car, and I have heard very few complaints about them either.

If you want something a bit larger there is the Fusion, which I think is the best looking 4 door sedan on the market right now at any price.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I was thinking about buying a new car, is this a good deal? it is a 2012 Dodge Charger 5.7L, V8 Auto Tans, Sat Nav, Blutooth, and they want 9k for it. 

00t0t_cZccijZyxzp_600x450.jpg

I was thinking about buying a new car, is this a good deal? it is a 2012 Dodge Charger 5.7L V8 Auto Tans, Sat Nav, Blutooth, and they want 9k for it.

Ask what's wrong with it...

There's also three things I see I would change immediately on it. :P

Ask what's wrong with it...

There's also three things I see I would change immediately on it. :P

Says, it has a clean titles and everything works, 120k Miles. 

hmmm, Well, Good Mpg that's for sure, fun to drive. Something that will last me a long time, and still hold value.

How about a diesel BMW 3-series? I have no idea about American car market

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Says, it has a clean titles and everything works, 120k Miles.

Ask to take it on a test drive and run it through the gears, 9k seems too low for it.

They're pretty common in EU

dunno, not too often i see a beemer anywhere, especially in the winter, i wouldnt drive a car like that in the winter just cuz of the salt.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

anyone ever drove one of these? not exactly exotic, but my dad had one before he was married, and i've always like the looks.

post-103118-0-16626300-1419281523.jpg

post-103118-0-51057100-1419281520.jpg

Its a 1987 MR2

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

dunno, not too often i see a beemer anywhere, especially in the winter, i wouldnt drive a car like that in the winter just cuz of the salt.

Any car gets destroyed by salt

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Perhaps look at the Focus as well. It's going to be a bit cheaper than the Jetta or Camry. Its a nice little car, and I have heard very few complaints about them either.

If you want something a bit larger there is the Fusion, which I think is the best looking 4 door sedan on the market right now at any price.

I will take a look at those as well! Thank you.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

Any car gets destroyed by salt

i know, but its an expensive car :P (to me)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

*points at mustang* I disagree.

(Had to)

*points at a corner* :P

osu! profile

*points at a corner* :P

I'd go grab a picture for you if I were dressed to go outside. :P

I'd go grab a picture for you if I were dressed to go outside. :P

let me guess... of a Mustang

osu! profile

Si senor.

you can't see it through the window?

osu! profile

you can't see it through the window?

There's a building in the way. :lol:

There's a building in the way. :lol:

You mean a stable jk

osu! profile

Punnnny. :P

There's another car with a horse logo I'd rather have... but that's even more out of budget :P

osu! profile

There's another car with a horse logo I'd rather have... but that's even more out of budget :P

Not to mention all the money spent having it in the shop for repairs.