Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Not to mention all the money spent having it in the shop for repairs.

it's more of an art piece than anything else

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I'd rather one of these.

-snip-

Yeah, it's nice, but as I've said before I'm more of a rally car guy :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Yeah, it's nice, but as I've said before I'm more of a rally car guy :)

You can set it up for rally. :P

You can set it up for rally. :P

but it'll look as out of element as me on a mountain :P

osu! profile

I'd rather one of these.

*Snip of awesomeness*

Ive seen chassis 7 of the GT40 in person at the Henry Ford Museum. It is just as extraordinary in person as it is in photographs.

One of the workers there said that Chassis 7 is insured for $200,000,000, as it is the first single car to win 3 Le Mans championships.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm more of an Audi person, but I wouldn't mind having an STi :D (not the sexual one). My dad had a 2004 WRX, was the same color as the car above, same rims. Than he sold it and got a 2010 Audi A3 wagon, and a 2014 Scion FR-S.

Few of my dream cars:  

2004-Subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-rear.jpg

2013-audi-s7_100408349_l.jpg

a4side3.jpg

Currently we have a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line, and a 2009 Honda Civic DX-G. Both are black.

Few of my dream cars: 

Currently we have a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line, and a 2009 Honda Civic DX-G. Both are black.

I love the A4's. Is the 2008 the current or previous style?

Does anyone have tips for taking driving lessons  as I'm probably going to be doing mine pretty soon.

Just do as the instructor says... Driving is easy :)

Does anyone have tips for taking driving lessons  as I'm probably going to be doing mine pretty soon.

Don't lick your hand after shaking the instructors hand

Don't hum the Spongebob Squarepants theme song during the entire test

Wear underwear and pants

Don't have a brutalized barbie doll as a hood ornament on your car

Do not become aroused at red lights

Do not under any circumstances tell your instructor about how you fantasized about your driving test ending in sweet and sticky smexy time.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

So there is this guy who used to go to our school last year but now he has graduated, he owns a 2013 Mustang V6 which he got it painted black and gray to resemble a boss 302, then he puts the biggest fart can on it and you guys know how the mustang gt has a 5.0 badge on the side right? He put a 3.7 badge on it to resemble the 5.0 badge on the mustang gt. He then drives around our school at lunch break pretending he is rich and a good driver with his leased mustang v6

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Don't lick your hand after shaking the instructors hand

Don't hum the Spongebob Squarepants theme song during the entire test

Wear underwear and pants

Don't have a brutalized barbie doll as a hood ornament on your car

Do not become aroused at red lights

Do not under any circumstances tell your instructor about how you fantasized about your driving test ending in sweet and sticky smexy time.

loving the advice, the last one kind of depends on the driving instructor being a woman

Weekly Discussion Topic :  What is your favorite type(s) of car engine & why? also which engine sound do you like the most? (+1 to Tech_Dreamer for.. Heh.. Dreaming up this weeks topic)

1. NA engines, because they sound better.

2. ^^ V10 from the E60 M5 :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Weekly Discussion Topic :  What is your favorite type(s) of car engine & why? also which engine sound do you like the most? (+1 to Tech_Dreamer for.. Heh.. Dreaming up this weeks topic)

1. NA engines, because they sound better.

2. ^^ V10 from the E60 M5 :D

Dodge 5.7L V8 or Chevrolet 8.1L V8  I drive both often. 

Dodge 5.7L V8 or Chevrolet 8.1L V8  I drive both often. 

Here, in Portugal, the most common cars are shit diesel cars or cheap petrol ones... Like my brother's SLK 200 NA :D

Doe, there are some supercars in Portugal... There is a Bugatti Veyron, that NEVER left the garage...

Take a look at this page, my brother is the founder and admin BTW :D https://www.facebook.com/portugalcarspotters?fref=nf

Don't fuck up?

Anyone around here into Rat Rods? I bought a '49 dodge (mostly) with an inline 6 last xmas and have been working on it. Here is a couple pics:

I'm more in to hot rods than rat rods.

Ive seen chassis 7 of the GT40 in person at the Henry Ford Museum. It is just as extraordinary in person as it is in photographs.

One of the workers there said that Chassis 7 is insured for $200,000,000, as it is the first single car to win 3 Le Mans championships.

I want to go there..

So there is this guy who used to go to our school last year but now he has graduated, he owns a 2013 Mustang V6 which he got it painted black and gray to resemble a boss 302, then he puts the biggest fart can on it and you guys know how the mustang gt has a 5.0 badge on the side right? He put a 3.7 badge on it to resemble the 5.0 badge on the mustang gt. He then drives around our school at lunch break pretending he is rich and a good driver with his leased mustang v6

Ban him from life.

Here, in Portugal, the most common cars are shit diesel cars or cheap petrol ones... Like my brother's SLK 200 NA :D

Doe, there are some supercars in Portugal... There is a Bugatti Veyron, that NEVER left the garage...

Take a look at this page, my brother is the founder and admin BTW :D https://www.facebook.com/portugalcarspotters?fref=nf

The 8.1L is in my Chevy Truck. The 5.7L is in my work car (08 Dodge Charger)

The 8.1L is in my Chevy Truck. The 5.7L is in my work car (08 Dodge Charger)

Nice :D

In my (not MINE, but k...) garage there is a 94 Ford Mondeo, diesel piece of crap, 93 BMW 525tds touring, diesel but awesome to drive and looks badass, 06 BMW E60 520d, diesel tractor as my brother calls it :lol:, and his SLK200, R170 :)

Tractionfr02.jpgI want this car if I ever get enough money for it.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

This car is beautiful too

e6vja9.jpg

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Listen to the instructor. Learning to drive is very simple. 

Also learn how to drive a manual car. Far more beneficial that learning in an auto. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III