Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

y tho

wasn't it proven that the 1.0l didn't save fuel over the 4 cylinder because you have to wring the guts out of it to get any power? 

Maybe super technically it might be able to save some fuel because there's less rotating mass?

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Orion is actually a really good driver. He was door to door tandeming with Ryan Tuereck earlier this month

I just meant that their content, modifications, and general "vape bro car enthusiast" vibe is pretty horrible

53 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

(Enigine Picture)

I would ask ask him (guy who Let me ship it to his work who's helping me) to unwrap it but it's still not in his shop yet. He's gonna bring a trailer tom because it'll be too difficult to get it out of a truck bed because of the height limitations of the engine hoist

looking good, why did you have them leave the auto trans on it?

49 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to roll my fenders when I get new wheels considering I'm going from an effective offset of +49 to +15 and going from a 6.5" wide wheel to 7" wide

Anyone have any tips?

I rolled the fenders on my 20 year old miata. Borrowed an eastwood roller. Took a few hours with the heat gun but i was able to roll all 4 completely flat with no pull at all. with minimal cracking. All the paint cracking was on the lip itself and you can just we sand and touch up paint that. No ones going to see it. Friend of mine just took his to a "professional" and the shop destroyed the rear fenders on his S2000. Im sure that I and some others can give you more advice if you decide to do them yourself. 

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I've always wondered how they deliver them lol

now I know 

I don't think I could of got that In the suburban (much less out of it) had I gone pick it up

Got mine in my Honda Element with no problems. I think this is probably the third time ive had one of my miata engines in the back of my element. Also got a long block with intake manifold on it still into the back of my girlfriends Civic once.

17239258971_2a8787c471.jpg

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Buckle up. Shits about to get real. 

Kid looks like hes one of the three stooges as a child. xD That bowl cut.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

31 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Maybe super technically it might be able to save some fuel because there's less rotating mass?

More air means more fuel. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vetali said:

More air means more fuel. 

Yet a clogged, dirty air filter increases fuel consumption

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yet a clogged, dirty air filter increases fuel consumption

Yeah, it'll try to overcome the restriction with fuel to an extent. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Do parts stores generally rent fender rollers? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Starting to think I won't even need to roll or pull my fenders. New wheel will be half an inch wider, and sit maybe 30mil further out than the stock ones. 

20170523_192635.jpg

20170523_192611.jpg

20170523_192557.jpg

20170523_192621.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Those are some crispy kicks

Those Paul Walker specials

I'm doing a little experiment. i get about 28MPG driving too and from work, and the Accord has a timing system that will adjust for premium fuel. I'm running a couple tanks of premium through it to see if MPGs increase. supposedly it will tune itself for around an extra 5BHP, and people report MPG gains.

I've driven about 100 miles with premium in there and t already feels like it runs a bit smoother. might be the placebo effect, but we'll see in a week or so when i burn more gas.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I'm doing a little experiment. i get about 28MPG driving too and from work, and the Accord has a timing system that will adjust for premium fuel. I'm running a couple tanks of premium through it to see if MPGs increase. supposedly it will tune itself for around an extra 5BHP, and people report MPG gains.

I've driven about 100 miles with premium in there and t already feels like it runs a bit smoother. might be the placebo effect, but we'll see in a week or so when i burn more gas.

I've always felt like cars ran better on premium. Even the corolla.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I run nothing but 93 in the 9-5

Especially going to need to when I go tune

I may just go stage 3 and get a new downpipe while at it, (I'll end up doing it eventually anyway) then upgrade my intercooler the next paycheck?

Planned on taking my car to an exhaust shop for some exhaust work anyway, so doing a full straight pipe to begin with then a Cherry Bomb Vortex if it's too loud.

Only thing is, I'll probably have to run open downpipe for 2 weeks. 

I mean, it'll sound good. But daily

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I run nothing but 93 in the 9-5

Especially going to need to when I go tune

15427350702_d1e753351c_b.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Not in my state, everywhere just one state over though

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Not in my state, everywhere just one state over though

Eh i usually go for the regular 98 in my car. Sometimes i go for the 98 v power. (Different octane ratings though)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

22 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Saaaammmmeeeee. Especially the non ethanol stuff.

that's crazy expensive around here. like, 1-1.50 more a gallon.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

U94_FuelsPage_Banner2.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Eh i usually go for the regular 98 in my car. Sometimes i go for the 98 v power. (Different octane ratings though)

98 RON is 93 AKI afaik

the us actually uses a different system from AKI. But the numbers are SUPER CLOSE we use the (R+M)/2 method

but generally I just assume it's AKI because it's only a couple

decimal points off and I think it's higher not lower

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

98 RON is 93 AKI afaik

the us actually uses a different system from AKI. But the numbers are SUPER CLOSE we use the (R+M)/2 method

So more or less his Camaro and my Saab take the same juice

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

98 RON is 93 AKI afaik

Yeah i figured. 

ok i'm just wondering for those of you with like part time jobs. how the fuck did ya'll get them in the first place? because i've been searching for little chicken shit jobs since june of last year yet nobody either calls me back regarding my application or straight up declines me and it just pisses me off. like what the fuck do you do to get the job?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

ok i'm just wondering for those of you with like part time jobs. how the fuck did ya'll get them in the first place? because i've been searching for little chicken shit jobs since june of last year yet nobody either calls me back regarding my application or straight up declines me and it just pisses me off. like what the fuck do you do to get the job?

Just keep applying. It takes a while

Now this is kind of neat/freaky