Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

What do you guys think of the C30 T5?

I like it. It looks decent, and it has a phenomenal turbo inline 5 (as the T5 suggests). And it's a Volvo xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

27 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

as a resident volvo and turbo 4 or 5cyl fan ... dont even start me on it xD

i really want one ... preferably the face-lifted one ... but that is expensive ... cause 2010 or newer

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

054.jpg

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i really want one ... preferably the face-lifted one ... but that is expensive ... cause 2010 or newer

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

054.jpg

Interesting. In the UK, having done some research, it's the opposite. The update is over 11k and the pre update is under 7k.

Also damn, I'm tempted to replace my R34 wallpaper with this :P

Edited by IAR117

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Interesting. In the UK, having done some research, it's the opposite. The update is over 11k and the pre update is under 7k.

There is one C30 T5 with the R-design and Polestar tune for sale in Sweden. 115 000 SEK.

1076960821.jpg

12 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

There is one C30 T5 with the R-design and Polestar tune for sale in Sweden. 115 000 SEK.

1076960821.jpg

Translates roughly into 11k. It's very hard to find a Polestar in the UK. I don't think that they even sell it here. Also is that yours? If so, looks great in white!

10 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

1076960821.jpg

I WANTS!!!! .... why i dont have any money :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

Translates roughly into 11k. Is that yours? If so, looks great in white!

Not mine, just one I found for sale over here.

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

I WANTS!!!! .... why i dont have any money :/ 

xD I have to wait 3 years before I get my license and because insurance is a twat in the UK, I'd have to wait a few years on top of that. I just hope prices will go down :)

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

Translates roughly into 11k. It's very hard to find a Polestra in the UK. I don't think that they even sell it here. Also is that yours? If so, looks great in white!

i already plan to go to sweden to buy a car, currently thinking about 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero .... a nice 250hp wagon 

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Not mine, just one I found for sale over here.

Eh. Still looks great. Are there a lot of them on sale where you are?

51 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Great little cars. Did my bad weather training (Skid pad) in a diesel one. Didn't break traction until i got pissed and pulled the E-brake. 

(The point is to feel when a car over and understeers. Mine wouldn't. Everyone elses did) 

I'd imagine the T5 is really fun to drive. If the diesel is anything to go by. And that was great fun to drive

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, Mister2010 said:

i already plan to go to sweden to buy a car, currently thinking about 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero .... a nice 250hp wagon 

9000 Turbo. Have you seen MCMs' Wasaabi? Looks great IMO

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Great little cars. Did my bad weather training (Skid pad) in a diesel one. Didn't break traction until i got pissed and pulled the E-brake. 

(The point is to feel when a car over and understeers. Mine wouldn't. Everyone elses did) 

I'd imagine the T5 is really fun to drive. If the diesel is anything to go by. And that was great fun to drive

I've always loved how they look. I guess based on that it'd make a great track car.

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Just saw the 9- 5. Looks great. AWD?

Eh. Still looks great. Are there a lot of them on sale where you are?

There are four C30's with the T5 engine for sale over here. Model 2010 or later. 

g6ZbGsRh.jpg

Just now, GlassBomb said:

There are four C30's with the T5 engine for sale over here. Model 2010 or later. 

g6ZbGsRh.jpg

Wow. There are very few for sale in the UK. On Autotrader, the site I use to see used cars, they're all over 11k for an update and when I say all I mean only one. That is probably sold now though

11 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Just saw the 9- 5. Looks great. AWD?

FWD sadly :/ 

but still great 

9 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

ill take the red one with 400hp ... tyvm :P 

22 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I've always loved how they look. I guess based on that it'd make a great track car.

At the very least they are fun on country roads. And volvo's design language is just getting better.

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I want one xD (I always did, but damn, that is clean af)

Almost bought one once. (Well. An 840. But still) They are real cheap over here. Some go for around 5k

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, techswede said:

Mup4tUt.gif

love how the guy claps after he realizes he broke it xD 

18 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I want one xD (I always did, but damn, that is clean af)

and there's one for sale here in a manual. https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6116168051.html usually very rare to find one in a manual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

love how the guy claps after he realizes he broke it xD 

Nothing says defeat like a "Well done jackass" clap 

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Nothing says defeat like a "Well done jackass" clap 

For me it's laughter. Whenever I do something incredibly stupid I just laugh, congratulate myself, and continue with life. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

For me it's laughter. Whenever I do something incredibly stupid I just laugh, congratulate myself, and continue with life. 

I'm the same xD The "Well done jackass" clap is reserved for the highest echelons of fuckuppery.

On another note. The third gen camaros are getting damn close to becoming tax free cars over here. 

Might hold off for another year or so and look at getting a late 80s one with the 350 in it. 

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

Almost bought one once. (Well. An 840. But still) They are real cheap over here. Some go for around 5k

And you didn't... Now I'm going to be mad at you forever. jk xD

They are stupid rare for some reason... And prices, well, they are worth what they cost IMO, but they are a bit on the expensive side (25k onwards)

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

and there's one for sale here in a manual. https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6116168051.html usually very rare to find one in a manual.

It's not a CSi, but still. Pretty rare.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"