Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're just mad you're not a rich girl. ;)

Well my sis managed to crash my dad’s first A6 in a parking lot from the exact same thing he mentioned lol

she was still learning tho. BUT! She hasn’t driven since so she’s probably scarred for life haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

You know you have your engine tuned properly when the rumble sets off car alarms as you drive by

(my TVR 2500 at full trot. Such fun)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Well my sis managed to crash my dad’s first A6 in a parking lot from the exact same thing he mentioned lol

she was still learning tho. BUT! She hasn’t driven since so she’s probably scarred for life haha

Round 2!

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're just mad you're not a rich girl. ;)

no.

14COhR2.png

are you?

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

HA xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

no.

are you?

Nah.

40 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk YES!!! pass my Bike test for my learners with flying colours no safety errors at all :D

Grats!

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

She better learn before the RS7 turns up then

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Sometimes I think F1 in general is too uptight about itself

Media tearing Verstappen apart repeatedly because of an otherwise "racing incident" in any other series, with his defence being "I think it's easy to blame the younger driver" and "why should change my driving style." Granted this is nowhere near as bad as Kvyat but man it would be nice to move on and just let them race.

Gasly also got teared apart, but by Spanish media and fans specifically, for his yoke on the cooldown lap but instated that he has huge respect for Alonso and it was by no mean derogatory in manner. Credit where credit is due, Honda did a great job last weekend.

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Very (very!) briefly I had a Yamaha FZR 600, one of the world's first "superbikes"

Yamaha.png

Way, *way* too much bike for me. I still walk with a slight limp from that bike. It's in very tiny parts right now somewhere in a motorcycle graveyard.

I was lucky, and that was it for me and bikes. I do appreciate them and still want a Ducati 915

1742446.jpg

Just for a decorative piece, but riding one bike was enough....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

On 2018-04-11 at 11:46 AM, PandaCopyRight said:

unknown.png

i prefer the RS260 without the R34 front end tbh 

What i see
maxresdefault.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

58 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

-snip-

that you probably can't be allowed on track with because you can't add a rollbar to the thing

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Sometimes I think F1 in general is too uptight about itself

Media tearing Verstappen apart repeatedly because of an otherwise "racing incident" in any other series, with his defence being "I think it's easy to blame the younger driver" and "why should change my driving style." Granted this is nowhere near as bad as Kvyat but man it would be nice to move on and just let them race.

Gasly also got teared apart, but by Spanish media and fans specifically, for his yoke on the cooldown lap but instated that he has huge respect for Alonso and it was by no mean derogatory in manner. Credit where credit is due, Honda did a great job last weekend.

Max was ahead of Lewis. There were many cars all going for position in a bottle-neck situation. It was a racing incident, plain and simple. What Lewis said after the race was just a knee-jerk comment (I lol'd when I heard him say it). I agree, they're making way more of this than what it was. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that you probably can't be allowed on track with because you can't add a rollbar to the thing

Nothing a hammer can't fix.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

I would rather track prep a BRZ for less than the $48,000 CAD the RF would cost me

Also @MEC-777 mmmm thats a tight package

wjevz9mclhr01.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, techswede said:

What i see
maxresdefault.jpg

i like both so i dont really care :D 

would like the stagea more tho 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I would rather track prep a BRZ for less than the $48,000 CAD the RF would cost me

Also @MEC-777 mmmm thats a tight package

-snip-

but the ND looks better lol

Besides, if one was getting a miata for a track car they probably wouldn't get the hardtop version so im not sure it matters. Club model with LSD and brembo's and soft top is the way to go.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

but the ND looks better lol

Besides, if one was getting a miata for a track car they probably wouldn't get the hardtop version so im not sure it matters. Club model with LSD and brembo's and soft top is the way to go.

Mazda Motorsports has a $3000 usd hardtop option

Hardtop-available-for-MX-5-Cup-race-car.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/motorsports-reduces-mx-5-cup-hardtop-price/

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Mazda Motorsports has a $3000 usd hardtop option

Hardtop-available-for-MX-5-Cup-race-car.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/motorsports-reduces-mx-5-cup-hardtop-price/

*That’s not made for street use 

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

*That’s not made for street use 

f08684e404baf3bbf252c8af3cb4f079.jpg29f63386b93224d1dfcf10c35f63b02b.jpg6b2b1e2c733170d73556561d05d4f351.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC