Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Couple of odd questions:

1. Do fireproof safes lose their "fire-proofness" overtime? 

And

2. What's a good safe to mount in a car for transporting (in our case) backup tapes to an off-site location? 

1. Depends what makes it fireproof.

2. Anything large enough you can get shaped foam in to.

I'm tempted to get an Alfa Romeo with the 1.6 Twin Spark engine (8 spark plugs on a 4 cylinder, twice the cost when changing them, oh well), but all the shit surrounding Alfa Romeo due to their lack of reliability is kind of making me steer away from those...

Anyone here familiar with Alfa Romeo's / Twin Spark engines maintenance? (costs, problems and all that?)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

29 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

But why? Mine is 5 years old and all I've done is upgrade the gpu once... It's fine. 

It also stays on 24/7 lol

The 8350 struggles constantly in GTA and Forza, which is basically all I play

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Temecula? Boy, that's about a 7 hour drive down in SoCal. I live in NorCal. I would prefer you come up north and check out shows like blox evolution and wekfest, but not sure how willing you'd be to drive all the way up here. if you're willing  to drive to san jose for wekfest next year, i'm willing to make the 2 hour drive in whatever i have at that point and meet up.

mine is nearing 10 and all i've ever done was add a 2tb hdd, and a shitty gpu. and this piece of shit can't stay on 24/7, it's always interrupted somehow.

Gonna be chilling with JSRCars out in Temecula. Sent them a few videos of my Saab and they think it's sick af and want to race their cars against it and just chill in general

(350Z, Mustang GT, TC, E36, Corrado, Elantra GT, and a TDI MK4 Jetta among a few other cars)

But I'd be down, I mean, to Temecula is already a 30 Hour drive one way (2100 Miles) Another few hours won't kill me. Would just have to find a place in Cali to do an oil change while there

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

The 8350 struggles constantly in GTA and Forza, which is basically all I play

Imagine my poor Athlon xD

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

Imagine my poor Athlon xD

I feel you man. I tried playing GTA IV on an Athlon and 6850 and I was miserable

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Clarkson pls

DFhobTXXYAAu2XR.jpg

I still want a Foxbody hatch

Man. I want too much shit

58 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm tempted to get an Alfa Romeo with the 1.6 Twin Spark engine (8 spark plugs on a 4 cylinder, twice the cost when changing them, oh well), but all the shit surrounding Alfa Romeo due to their lack of reliability is kind of making me steer away from those...

Anyone here familiar with Alfa Romeo's / Twin Spark engines maintenance? (costs, problems and all that?)

We havent had one, but 2 of the 3 we test drove broke down on the test drives. Lovely cars to look at, less so to own is the general consensus 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Here's the difference the new axle made.

And the video starts with me holding my phone against the steering wheel with my thumb.

And then by the end of the "before" part i stuck it in the sunglasses holder on the sun visors.

I'll keep  the video up for maybe a day or two. Then i'm taking it down. Even unlisted its bound to attract haters. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

17 minutes ago, techswede said:

Here's the difference the new axle made.

And the video starts with me holding my phone against the steering wheel with my thumb.

And then by the end of the "before" part i stuck it in the sunglasses holder on the sun visors.

I'll keep  the video up for maybe a day or two. Then i'm taking it down. Even unlisted its bound to attract haters. 

That is quite the difference, holy shite.

You can hear the engine so much better, the previous axle made tons of noise... Or that's just me xD

29 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I still want a Foxbody hatch

Man. I want too much shit

Oooooo. My dad has an '88 foxbody convertible GT 5.0. He's got a custom exhaust and stuff on it, but the fuel pump is out and he hasn't got the time to fix it. :(

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

That is quite the difference, holy shite.

You can hear the engine so much better, the previous axle made tons of noise... Or that's just me xD

On the highway i could hear nothing but the rear axle in the last while before it went pop. So yeah.. It was a bit loud xD 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Oooooo. My dad has an '88 foxbody convertible GT 5.0. He's got a custom exhaust and stuff on it, but the fuel pump is out and he hasn't got the time to fix it. :(

My buddy James has owned 5 Foxbodies since last March. Current one is a 89 Notchback with a 350 out of a Nova in it. My favorite still was his 92 with a 93 Cobra rear end in it

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My buddy James has owned 5 Foxbodies since last March. Current one is a 89 Notchback with a 350 out of a Nova in it. My favorite still was his 92 with a 93 Cobra rear end in it

Nice! My faves 'Stang would be the '60s era ones. Classic body shape, and still look boss. Speaking of which, Boss Mustangs are awesome. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Nice! My faves 'Stang would be the '60s era ones. Classic body shape, and still look boss. Speaking of which, Boss Mustangs are awesome. 

Growing up my dream car was a K code Mustang. Always had a love for them, after the Fox Body they don't interest me too much, I'm not going to lie. I really want a Foxbody hatch though

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Growing up my dream car was a K code Mustang. Always had a love for them, after the Fox Body they don't interest me too much, I'm not going to lie. I really want a Foxbody hatch though

Yup. The newer ones look great, but not as good as the old ones. It's like Covettes. I love the old ones, hate the new ones, but the newest ones look good. My dram car right now would probs be a McLaren or Ford GT. I gotta learn how to drive a manual before I could even own one though. The only manual my dad has is his Mustang, and it's not exactly a beginners car. It would be nice to get away from the 3 speed in my SUV though (that currently won't start since the theft system is bonkers). 

Main PC 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

-snip-

He took it literally?

Main PC 

Welp...

I blew my motor this past weekend....

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

You know you're in rural sweden when

7 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Welp...

Any idea as to what broke?

11 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Welp...

The car thread bad juju strikes again. Fuck :(