Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

What does everyone here think of Volvo? Classic and modern? As long as I can remember, my family has had a Volvo S60, we're on our third one now (2014 T5) that I steal a couple times a week to get around. From what I've seen, they're not the most well built cars, but the engines are fairly reliable and they are very nice to drive. I'm slowly looking for a car, and I was thinking maybe a C30? Then there's also the classic P1800 that I think would make for a fantastic EV conversion down the line when I can afford it.

ASU

Damn you guys are quiet today. 

Gonna go pick my intercooler in like 10 minutes. Inner kid intensifies

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

@MEC-777 If you're bored, Mazda Canada is running a promo to get people to test drive miatas for $35 gift cards

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mazda-get-35-amazon-ca-gift-card-new-test-drive-2114154/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

One month in the making 

20170721_183320.jpg

20170721_183341.jpg

20170721_183406.jpg

20170721_183436.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Also, saw this when I took my sister and mother rout to dinner 

Snapchat-983883118.jpg

Snapchat-805760544.jpg

Bleh.. going to sleep in about an hour. And when i wake up tomorrow i have a short bit to get myself ready.. Then its off for 25 hours at work..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Bleh.. going to sleep in about an hour. And when i wake up tomorrow i have a short bit to get myself ready.. Then its off for 25 hours at work..

well rip, i only have like 9h of work tomorrow .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Begin the morphine pump filled with caffeine!

Just now, Mister2010 said:

well rip, i only have like 9h of work tomorrow .... 

9 hours can be a pain as well. 8 hours of my working hours are allocated to me sleeping in the on call room. But i hate sleeping at work.. The bed is too soft.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Begin the morphine pump filled with caffeine!

We have none of that equipment.. 

9 hours can be a pain as well. 8 hours of my working hours are allocated to me sleeping in the on call room. But i hate sleeping at work.. The bed is too soft.

i will have 9h ... well 8h if you dont count the 1h total in breaks ... of talking ... unless noone needs help .. then i will be bored to death .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

i will have 9h ... well 8h if you dont count the 1h total in breaks ... of talking ... unless noone needs help .. then i will be bored to death .... 

The weekend shifts are pretty bad at my work... Really hoping i can charm the people at my interview on tuesday.

We can fix that.

500cc's of death wish coffee. STAT

The weekend shifts are pretty bad at my work... Really hoping i can charm the people at my interview on tuesday.

the weekends at my work are 1/2 as active as work days ... and the last 2 work days have been boring .... i dont expect much 

Just now, Mister2010 said:

the weekends at my work are 1/2 as active as work days ... and the last 2 work days have been boring .... i dont expect much 

Well if you work weekends they may as well be calm weekends. 

Would be GLORIOUS!

It would put my hearts idle speed right at redline at the very least..

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

did the studs give out?

Yup. Body squatted down onto the tyres and that sheared the studs clean off. 

At least that's what it looks like. 

22 hours ago, terrytek said:

put in a stronger transmission, bro.

i would need to replace so much just to supercharge from 300 hp to ~438hp

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

8 minutes ago, Goodman2265 said:

i would need to replace so much just to supercharge from 300 hp to ~438hp

dude 300hp is more than fine, you wouldn't need to supercharge it. is this a v6 or a v8?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

dude 300hp is more than fine, you wouldn't need to supercharge it. is this a v6 or a v8?

2001 devilles only came with 4.7 litre V8. nothing else

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

1 minute ago, Goodman2265 said:

2001 devilles only came with 4.7 litre V8. nothing else

ok it's a boat, but i'm sure 300hp should be more than enough.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok it's a boat, but i'm sure 300hp should be more than enough.

does 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds