Rhode Island Representative calls for "special tax" on video games....

Message added by PCGuy_5960

Just a reminder: Political Discussion is not allowed as per the CS. Comments with political content will be removed.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Just pretend it's a Pentium 4 that's been a bad girl.

Ftfy

You can thabk me later.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

It is when they cant willing volunteers. Remember we run a full voluntary force, I haven't seen recruitment numbers, but I would say they are pretty low. Most people join because they want to serve or they want to have college paid for. But the more wars we enter the less people want to join.  While it might not directly effected the military. It has effected the private citizen who has to pay to blow up one country after another, then pay to rebuild it. 

True all valid issues, not that relevant to say a civil war though conducted in your own country. I just consider the local population's chances of fighting against the the US army when it comes down to that as extremely low. As time goes on that only gets worse as military weapons become more computer controlled and requires complex activation procedures and maintenance, then you have to consider unmanned weapons and beyond visual range weapons.

There are times when you just need to face the reality of situations and I personally consider one of those as the ineffectiveness of a well armed militia against the US army.

But this is completely unrelated to the thread topic so I'll leave it there.

2 hours ago, Aeternalis said:

IF doesn't help prevent deaths. Absolution does. The fact is that you can ban guns until the sun doesn't shine, if someone wants to get a gun and commit an atrocity they're going to do it. Or not even using a gun, the 9/11 hijackers had box cutters.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have to agree with @Aeternalis. Im fairly certain if I wanted a gun but couldn't buy one, I could go down the Detroit and buy one out of some guys trunk. The Mexican and Columbia Drug cartels get drugs and guns in to our country all the time. Any way you look at it, these weapons would be out there for purchase, by one means or another. 

I mean the only cost has been the thousands of American lives lost. I wouldn't consider that to be little to no effect. Many of our service members come back after they are done, either in pieces and or mental broken for life. What many dont understand, we are not winning. These rebels will continue to kill our men and women until they have stolen our will to fight. To me that is part of the reason the British gave up the colonies. They lost the will to fight. 

The only issue is I said if they don't have a gun, it precludes any form of gun possession.  The logic being you can't shoot someone if you don't have a gun.  The debate should continue on how this can/can't be achieved, not disputing a basic truth.

If I said you can't fly to the moon without a rocket, you wouldn't counter with: absolutely you can because if you want a rocket you'll get one.  That doesn't make my statement wrong. it just insinuates that you think there is no way to prevent someone getting a rocket.  In my actual statement the insinuation is there is no way to prevent someone from getting a gun.  In which case i say yes there is, it has been achieved in many countries,  it's just not going to be easy.

So unless someone can show me how it is possible to shoot someone without a gun, I don't see how arguing otherwise helps.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I love how everyone points the fingers towards video games causing people to be violent. It is surely not the violent T.V shows or Movies shown on Netflix and other forms of media streaming and normal T.V nah has to be the video games that cause it.

I'm sorry but research shows both things where video games does create aggression in people and the opposite where it Doesn't this is Purely down to who they are sampling. Meaning it is a matter of mind state. That in question means most of the people who have shot up a school or done something violence have had something influence their decision and a negative experience to what ever they are attacking. In instance people shooting up a school or less a pupil could be down to Bullying lack or acknowledgement from people or just the pure stress from others.

If he is looking to add more taxes Violent games it is due to a completely different reason. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

12 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I agree that gun related deaths in the US are too high. But it isn't due to guns alone, the FBI has been unwilling or incompetent in stopping criminals before the attacks happened, criminals which also shouldn't have had any firearms to begin with if the agencies did their job.

Don't forget the inflation (of crime) due to the "war on drugs" as well as mental health care that rivals places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

in my country we are really anti guns, even pepper spray is not allowed.

Anyone that really wants a gun can still get a gun, criminals have guns, it's not usual but they do.

But if some crazy high schooler wanted a gun, (especially the type of high schooler that goes for the school shootings, it's not the criminals, it's just some random dude with mental problems, bullying issues, whatever) they couldn't have access to it. Parents don't keep guns (there are hunting weapons but i guess those are everywhere and they are really not ideal for the mass shootings), you can't go to a store to buy one, criminals who do have them probably wont sell them to just anyone, wont part with it as it's a hard to find item and it will be expensive and it's not easy to know the right persons especially for this kids with problems making friends and all that.

I really thing being available so easy is an issue.

Also i really think this kids are more influenced by the actual mass shooting events and it's media coverage than any tv show, movie or video game. It's a chain reaction, the more mass shootings the more mass shooters it will create.

Yeah..... This thread has pretty much turned into "What are your thoughts on gun control laws?"

-Thread cleaned and locked-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402