Is MalwareBytes really good or is it a broken piece of software?

Now I want to ask is Malwarebytes really a trusted and good anti-malware software or not so much? Maybe even fake.

I say this because I have a Windows 7 machine that has been installed from an ISO downloaded from Microsoft that sometimes when I scan with Malwarebytes it detects 5 problems, those being 5 bitcoin miners. Now here's the puzzling thing, it quarantines them, then I delete them and if I scan again no problems. But if I scan about 1 week later the same 5 are being detected again.

Now obviously you would say, well it's because in the mean time you went online and somehow got the exact same miners. But here's the thing, this machine has not been connected to the internet all it after malwarebytes got rid of those 5 bitcoin miners. Oh and btw even when I do connect online there are no slowdowns or spikes on the cpu or gpu.

So either the program is faulty and it detects problems that are not there, or they are but it can't do anything about them,  or it detects phantom problems to make itself look like it's actually good so you'll buy it. Conspiracy theory. xD

What do you think?

Oh and I'm curious to see if someone else also has this issue.

Malware bytes is a good software. Yes it has detected mining programs, but that is because they were mine.

Can you send a picture of the excact message that malware bytes says and where di it find the programs?

Also the malware bytes cant fix your computer past a certain point. If you have crazy ly duplicating malware it cant save it, and i think that is the case with your pc. You have a miner program, that is duplicating itself, and that is why even when you are without internet these programs pop backup. IF you can do a clean install of windows and then say if the problem persists.

Malwarebytes is simply the best anti MALWARE. About the bitcoin miners, I'd first check the file location of the malware, then hit up malwarebytes' support or twitter account. Virus you could potentially have a malware running which it cannot find/detect, that reinstall the "miners".

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

We use it in our workshop asnd its really great,

Remember it can only detect active infections, any anti-virus can miss the file causing all the issues, Also the free version is just a scanner and fix, its not active protection. 

We have done scans on computers in the office, fresh installs, PC's left on and offline overnight in our workshop to test exactly this and we found it wasn't fluffing up infections to make itself look good. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I prefer @GoodBytes, but he's a mod not a program. So Malwarebytes is as good as it gets for anti malware programs I guess :/ 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

Malware bytes is a good software. Yes it has detected mining programs, but that is because they were mine.

Can you send a picture of the excact message that malware bytes says and where di it find the programs?

Also the malware bytes cant fix your computer past a certain point. If you have crazy ly duplicating malware it cant save it, and i think that is the case with your pc. You have a miner program, that is duplicating itself, and that is why even when you are without internet these programs pop backup. IF you can do a clean install of windows and then say if the problem persists.

First of all next time I will also post what a picture, didn't cross my mind. And secondly it does this with a clean installation, even a low level format.

1 minute ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

First of all next time I will also post what a picture, didn't cross my mind. And secondly it does this with a clean installation, even a low level format.

Maybe the usb stick you are installing windows from is infected or something else? Do a clean install and only download malware bytes from their own website and run it. 

Maybe the usb stick you are installing windows from is infected or something else? Do a clean install and only download malware bytes from their own website and run it. 

Good one. When I have the time, I'll do it and see the result and post it here.

Just now, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Good one.

What is that supposed to mean? Don't people say "good one" only about jokes?

What is that supposed to mean? Don't people say "good one" only about jokes?

Good idea, something that I didn't consider. Sorry if good one is not a correct usage of the English language. English is not my first language. I apologize if I butchered the English language by using that.

3 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Good idea, something that I didn't consider. Sorry if good one is not a correct usage of the English language. English is not my first language. I apologize if I butchered the English language by using that.

It is not my first or second or third language either, that is why i was confused.

its good software, but hardly omnipotent, id guess there is an installer for those miners it cant detect or a flaw in the program so that it detects something in the system as a miners and it auto repairs or whatever

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

What you have is the typical self restoring malware which as it states on the tin waits for a bit and then restores itself from system restore, so to rid yourself of these you need to wipe all restore points, disable system restore and then nuke the malware but what I'd suggest is nuking the hard drive from orbit and starting with a fresh install as it's the only way to be 100% sure that it's gone for good.

3 hours ago, jnkokseby said:

Malwarebytes is simply the best anti MALWARE

That's wrong. Malwarebytes is a good piece of software because it can run in tandem with another "main" antivirus. Bitdefender has been the number one for a couple of years in a row but I haven't checked for 2018 yet. 

ORANGE SCREEN WINDOWS 10 VALUE OVER TIME - PC VS MAC

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

16 GB Corsair DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

500 GB Sandisk 950 PRO - Windows 10, Elementary OS, Zorin OS

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Red Led

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

4 minutes ago, TurbulentWinds said:

That's wrong. Malwarebytes is a good piece of software because it can run in tandem with another "main" antivirus. Bitdefender has been the number one for a couple of years in a row but I haven't checked for 2018 yet. 

Malwarebytes = Antimalware
Bitdefender = Antivirus

They are two different things, hence why I wrote malware in capital letters.

21 hours ago, jnkokseby said:

Malwarebytes = Antimalware
Bitdefender = Antivirus

They are two different things, hence why I wrote malware in capital letters.

What? There is a difference but the two terms are used basically interchangeably. Bitdefender is antimalware.

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

22 hours ago, TurbulentWinds said:

What? There is a difference but the two terms are used basically interchangeably. Bitdefender is antimalware.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/09/whats-the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware/

Bitdefender is antivirus, as stated on their website, malwarebytes is antimalware, as stated on their website.

2 hours ago, jnkokseby said:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/09/whats-the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware/

Bitdefender is antivirus, as stated on their website, malwarebytes is antimalware, as stated on their website.

I am talking about Bitdefender Total Security.

"Unbeatable malware detection"

They do have a antivirus product though.

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750