Recommendations for a new “gaming” chair

MYX

Hey everyone, I’m in the market for a new “racing” or “gaming” chair with a budget of around $450 CAD maximum, I’m about 5”10 and would prefer a more cushiony feel, white and black for the colours?

Such a personal preference thing. You're much better off going and trying them in person than trying to buy something online.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have a Vertagear chair and added a memory foam cushion with it, and use the lumbar pillow. That's as cushiony as you'd probably get from an actual racing-style chair.

I LOVE my Noblechairs Icon. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

55 minutes ago, DOWNEY said:

But can you do this?

y50piklzq3801.gif

yeah, its called a reclining chair, that's not even remotely close to being exclusive to poorly designed racing "gamer" chairs (i know its a joke but idk on the internet)

@General Winter

Have owned many $300ish office chairs I'm 38

Serta one was pretty good but had to mod and fix constantlyl

Been on dx racer for 3yrs now still new

Actually impressed with it no issues 

Fyi recline on it rocks

Makes office work with significant other fun 

Have you even used one for awhile?

Or are you just jumping on the hate wagon

Pew die pie’s is only 399. 

Amazin has some dx racer knock offs for 100 that are really adjustable. 

I personally have one from BJ’S. Got it for 120. 

8 hours ago, pas008 said:

@General Winter

Have owned many $300ish office chairs I'm 38

Serta one was pretty good but had to mod and fix constantlyl

Been on dx racer for 3yrs now still new

Actually impressed with it no issues 

Fyi recline on it rocks

Makes office work with significant other fun 

Have you even used one for awhile?

Or are you just jumping on the hate wagon

to each their own, but the racing chair is far from the ideal form factor for gaming, as @geo3 said, you aren't going around a track, racing chairs were literally designed for car's not gaming

i've tried it once and my brother has one and it isn't worth the $300+ price tag for a glorified racing chair with wheels and a recliner, also the edges that keep you in feel horrible for long term comfort and the dependency on unstable pillows really shows poor design for such a huge asking price

i'm on $60 chair which lacks recline support, but i can lean back on it pretty fair, doesn't lock me in place, and is very comfortable: here it is, inexpensive and very good https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Executive-Leather-High-back-Computer/dp/B017VQAXIY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500818043&sr=8-2&keywords=desktop+chair ; besides if i want to lay all the way down i might as well go to my bed since I'm not using the computer anyway in that position anyway (and if i want to lay back i don't need to be pewdepie to enjoy my chair recline, besides i can watch anime pretty laid back)

3 hours ago, General Winter said:

to each their own, but the racing chair is far from the ideal form factor for gaming, as @geo3 said, you aren't going around a track, racing chairs were literally designed for car's not gaming

i've tried it once and my brother has one and it isn't worth the $300+ price tag for a glorified racing chair with wheels and a recliner, also the edges that keep you in feel horrible for long term comfort and the dependency on unstable pillows really shows poor design for such a huge asking price

i'm on $60 chair which lacks recline support, but i can lean back on it pretty fair, doesn't lock me in place, and is very comfortable: here it is, inexpensive and very good https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Executive-Leather-High-back-Computer/dp/B017VQAXIY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500818043&sr=8-2&keywords=desktop+chair ; besides if i want to lay all the way down i might as well go to my bed since I'm not using the computer anyway in that position anyway (and if i want to lay back i don't need to be pewdepie to enjoy my chair recline, besides i can watch anime pretty laid back)

so they arent designed for sitting long period of time?

fyi these racing chairs arent like racing seats if you ever sat in one of those too those will pretty much be tight fit

racing chairs are just using that concept somewhat for long term sitting

like I have said been through many chairs and this is on 3 yrs and if it does break I can get parts to replace since many are compatible

how about you can you find compatible parts?

and seen many forum posts on great customer service and warranty related shit

at underline just as you stated to each of their own, and from what I can tell you didnt even use it much lol

27 minutes ago, pas008 said:

so they arent designed for sitting long period of time?

fyi these racing chairs arent like racing seats if you ever sat in one of those too those will pretty much be tight fit

racing chairs are just using that concept somewhat for long term sitting

like I have said been through many chairs and this is on 3 yrs and if it does break I can get parts to replace since many are compatible

how about you can you find compatible parts?

and seen many forum posts on great customer service and warranty related shit

at underline just as you stated to each of their own, and from what I can tell you didnt even use it much lol

i literally sit on this chair for 8+ hours on my free/study days, i know for a fact i wouldn't want a shitty pillow for back support and rounded edges on the side fixing me in place

the only reason i said that (the video too if you even bothered watching it since i'm not going to re-iterate it) is because everyone is built differently and what works for one person may not work for another and this is very much the case for both racing and office chairs, stop acting authoritarian on the topic, car chair is great in chair since i'm suppose to be focused on driving and "my" gaming chair is great because i can move around and on it very well (especially for $60)

2 hours ago, General Winter said:

i literally sit on this chair for 8+ hours on my free/study days, i know for a fact i wouldn't want a shitty pillow for back support and rounded edges on the side fixing me in place

the only reason i said that (the video too if you even bothered watching it since i'm not going to re-iterate it) is because everyone is built differently and what works for one person may not work for another and this is very much the case for both racing and office chairs, stop acting authoritarian on the topic, car chair is great in chair since i'm suppose to be focused on driving and "my" gaming chair is great because i can move around and on it very well (especially for $60)

why do you think they make many different series and acting authorian lol

i'm just stating same shit and I have used over a dozen chairs

I can say my king series rocks, after 3 yrs still like new, and I game and do cad work so I spend many hours in front of a pc

I know many that love their dx racer

and know many that dislike them on simple fact of calling it a gimmick

I like its features so do many others

why the hate because you watched a video but I am in one all the time lol

maybe be alittle open minded

Bought a "racing seat" style gaming chair. They're good seats if you're not prone to back issues and if you sit for short periods of time. They're uncomfortable as all hell and because it doesn't have support or a lot of padding it kills my back after a half hour or so. I'd rather gamble on a $200 office chair than an RGB iVTECH seat. 

I'm on my way to Office Depot now to get a comfy office chair that doesn't look like it belongs in a 15 year olds honda

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Most of the "gaming" aesthetic chairs that look like racing chairs are not really like racing chairs. The sides to do not incline as much as you would find on an actual racing chair and they would do a poor job being a racing chair if someone was to do the car mod. They are designed to look like that only for the looks. 

I got a DX racer classic which i have had for a least a couple years and I have been enjoying. Although my brother got a cheaper GT Omega which does the job just as well for half the price so personally I would recommend that.

Of course if you can afford a hermon miller Aeron then that's the best, but your going to have much better longevity out of a GT Omega then a cheap office chair from staples/Amazon/Ikea. 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues