Has Linus gone too far?

Go to solution Solved by GDRRiley,
4 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

His videos = his call.

Sponsored videos = he has no final say.

they do hold the final judgement but this would likely piss of intel and them just giving a few thousand dollars in cpus, he didn't want to piss them off. 

Do we also complain when Linus does  an AMD sponsored build and there are not Intel or Nvidia parts in it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

perks of a 100% Youtube Job , But atleast he's being transparent about it compared to others doing it with straight face like it's their random legit pick.

Details separate people.

13 hours ago, Almostbauws said:

Did they change the name of the video after that backlash? Nice!

FP upload says it was worded like that from start. Just editing/QA failure or maybe even upload failure. Besides, how angry can you get of sponsored content being about sponsors stuff?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, Almostbauws said:

As you may or may not know, the latest Linus video, " the top laptops of 2018" is a reupload. It was originally 5 minutes long on youtube, but now it is 4. You may ask why is that? They originally had a cool AMD laptop on the list, but because the video is sponsored by Intel, they quickly removed the video and cut the amd laptop out. I know that free 10k cpus from intel are nice, but this has just gone too far. Whats next, top cpus of 2018, but only intel cpus? Top graphics cards of 2018, but only intel iGpus?

*exasperated sigh 

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

2 cents here:

I agree that Intel or AMD *can* buy a video from LTT, but I think its kind of shitty for LTT to accept that offer... I know business is business, but I can't be the only one here or on the youtube channel who follows LTT for their unbiased or accurate reviews. These videos distort those opinions, reviews, and accuracy and I just don't like it. LTT does this too often now to be a trustworthy source of information. I know there's going to be a hundred "ok bye" or "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" comments, but i'm done with LTT. I sincerely hope they either go back to reviewing things in an unbiased manner so they can be trustworthy again or they fail miserably.

/rant

/subscription

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

1 hour ago, Sunshine1868 said:

-snip-

this wasn't a review video though, it was a showcase, just like the rest of the sponsored videos they do. they stated the facts, not opinions.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Laptop reviews suck anyway! I recall reading mostly positive reviews for the MSI GE62 and that laptop kinda sucks. Yeah, the screen and keyboard are fantastic. The speakers are above average too. But these are the only positives. The build quality is really flimsy and the thing runs really hot and loud under load. And now the GTX 960M is outdated. 

Showcase, review whatever...Most videos just glance at the product and throw random benchmarks at your face anyway. 

And this video Linus made just looks like he searched the latest laptops on Newegg for like 5 minutes. 

20 hours ago, Majestic said:

TFW you're expecting quality content out of Linus. My friend, have you heard of GamersNexus?

You mean the guy who can't enunciate and I have to work REALLY hard to understand what he says? Yeah, I can't watch him. If he could E-NUN-CI-ATE I would sub and enjoy. 

On 2/2/2018 at 12:12 PM, Almostbauws said:

As you may or may not know, the latest Linus video, " the top laptops of 2018" is a reupload. It was originally 5 minutes long on youtube, but now it is 4. You may ask why is that? They originally had a cool AMD laptop on the list, but because the video is sponsored by Intel, they quickly removed the video and cut the amd laptop out. I know that free 10k cpus from intel are nice, but this has just gone too far. Whats next, top cpus of 2018, but only intel cpus? Top graphics cards of 2018, but only intel iGpus?

We re-uploaded the video because the algorithm wasn't serving it to sub boxes (as we said on Twitter at the time

)

The re-upload was exactly the same file as the first upload. We did not go in and remove an inclusion of an AMD laptop :P 

12 hours ago, Sunshine1868 said:

2 cents here:

I agree that Intel or AMD *can* buy a video from LTT, but I think its kind of shitty for LTT to accept that offer... I know business is business, but I can't be the only one here or on the youtube channel who follows LTT for their unbiased or accurate reviews. These videos distort those opinions, reviews, and accuracy and I just don't like it. LTT does this too often now to be a trustworthy source of information. I know there's going to be a hundred "ok bye" or "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" comments, but i'm done with LTT. I sincerely hope they either go back to reviewing things in an unbiased manner so they can be trustworthy again or they fail miserably.

/rant

/subscription

So I'm, guessing you don't watch or read an tech articles then?  Seeing as they all have sponsored content.

People really need to learn the difference between a review and sponsored content.  One is an ad the other is unbiased unless the reviewer is fraudulent. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

We re-uploaded the video because the algorithm wasn't serving it to sub boxes (as we said on Twitter at the time

)

The re-upload was exactly the same file as the first upload. We did not go in and remove an inclusion of an AMD laptop :P 

I just wanted to get a consipiracy theory going.

Linus can never go to far!!!