What is the best fat content variety of milk?

STRMfrmXMN

Which one?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Whole milk
    • Skim/nonfat
    • 2%
    • 1%
    • I'm lactose intolerant and I'm here to hate fun

i drink whatever they have but at home i have indeed found that im having an easier time with lactose free milk and i usually get like 1.5% but that really doesnt matter to me. 

like seriously with all the junk we eat all the time nobody has ever gotten fat and than it turned out ohh it was the fucking milk that was the problem and not the 3 kilo of gummi bears each day

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

35 perceeeeeeeeeeeent

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I know @Trik'Starihas a strong opinion about this one from vague memory

Whole milk, or it's not milk.

(I had a Ron Swanson clip for this, but NBC has decided they don't like free advertising of their show and taken it off of youtube)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I grew up on full cream but swapped to 2% in early adulthood, after 10 years of 2% i ended up somewhere stuck with only full cream and it felt terrible like i could feel the fat in my mouth and down my throat as i drank it.  Gross! 

I drink 600ml a day, every day.  Cant live without my milk :)

Raw milk is best milk.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

7 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

All I've seen is water (skim), 1%, 2%, and whole.

You mean water, white water, slightly flavored water, and milk as the gods intended, right?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3% minimum. Anything else is just water. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 percent for sure.

5 hours ago, Damascus said:

Add creaaaaam 

I won't stop

I'm going to go to sleep now.

5am is stupid

I love heavy cream, but it's a bit much for drinking or cereal. Something between whole milk and half and half would be perfect though. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm weakly lactose intolerant and I can tolerate smaller quantities, so if I'm going to have any, I want the good stuff. Think it is sold as 4% here.

Really annoying, work only buys in skimmed (diluted water) and semi-skimmed (mostly water).

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I'm lactose intolerant, but the only correct answer is whole milk.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I went to bed at midnight last night and 2% was handily winning, but it appears you guys like drinking margarine so heck

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The idea of low fat milk being healthier for us began circulating in the 1950s. It was shown that saturated fat increased blood cholesterol levels, with certain statistical evidence leading to the assumption it resulted in higher rates of heart disease and obesity.  

This idea is not totally wrong. Full fat milk does indeed have a high saturated fat content, about 65 per cent in fact.

Simone Austin, accredited practising dietitian and spokesperson for the Dietitians Association of Australia addresses the claims that saturated fat should be avoided when it comes to weight management.

"We are still recommending saturated fat should be kept to a minimum as there is still a link between saturated and plasma cholesterol levels, however full cream milk is only 4 per cent total fat and is therefore not a high fat product, depending on quantity of course."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/85483454/the-verdict-full-fat-versus-low-fat-milk

You should be asking about protein to fat ratio not fat percentage anyway ;)

https://www.dairynz.co.nz/media/816845/WEB_Protein-to-fat-ratio.pdf

Also if everyone didn't know when milk is being processed all the fat and proteins are essentially completely removed from the milk then recombined to the exact amounts needed for each product so really they can make anything you desire if enough people want it.

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/85483454/the-verdict-full-fat-versus-low-fat-milk

You should be asking about protein to fat ratio not fat percentage anyway ;)

https://www.dairynz.co.nz/media/816845/WEB_Protein-to-fat-ratio.pdf

Also if everyone didn't know when milk is being processed all the fat and proteins are essentially completely removed from the milk then recombined to the exact amounts needed for each product so really they can make anything you desire if enough people want it.

I could've sworn I read an article at one point that basically countered the traditional logic and said whole milk was healthier because of the way the body was able to metabolize it.... I'd look for it, but I'm lazy. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Add creeeaaaaaaaaammmmm

10 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

I barely drink milk anymore but when I do, I buy the 2%.

Same, I seldom drink milk (and never on its own). But when I do, it's the whole thing.

13 hours ago, Damascus said:

Y u no have option for heavy cream? 

35% all the way, 50% masterrace

13 hours ago, JDE said:

2%! 

Most people around me like homo milk, the Canadian way of calling 3.25%.

Just so others are aware, "homo milk" stands for homogenized milk.

10 hours ago, Damascus said:

Add creaaaaam 

I won't stop

I'm going to go to sleep now.

5am is stupid

Cream is cream. It's not milk anymore.

33 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I really wish they would sell a higher fat percentage Chocolate Milk, from the name brands. Pretty much all chocolate milk found on store shelves here is 1%.

Though there are a few places that sell "organic" (don't give a shit) farm 3.x% (I forget the exact percentage) chocolate milk - it comes from the Mennonite communities in my area. You can even get it at Sobeys (big chain grocery store), and goddamn it's good stuff.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

24 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Same, I seldom drink milk (and never on its own). But when I do, it's the whole thing.

Me, an intellectual.

2prct-ga-milk.png

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Sike, it's actually whole milk.

I never really drink whole milk, generally drink skim. But I'm beginning to prefer 1%. Could do 2% ^_^

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

54 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Cream is cream. It's not milk anymore.

Fiiine, 20% would be acceptable

59 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'd rather die of diabeetus

Ho aboot 20%?