H500P Remake CONFIRMED

Agonizel

The H500P being pretty underwhelming with its only above-average airflow despite the high airflow claims and the cheap top and front panel that don't justify the price, has now a remake called the  MasterCase H500P Mesh White. The name says it, instead of the closed-off front panel, it is now mesh which should heavily increased airflow. 

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/cooler-master-announces-new-case-lineup-for-the-first-half-of-2018.html

The MasterCase H500P Mesh White will impress users with its clean, elegant looks and impressive performance. Two 200mm RGB fans stand behind the mesh front panel while two optional 200mm fans can adorn on the top, providing users with the needed airflow for a cool(er) running system.

Armed with a tinted tempered glass side panel and transparent top panel, RGB illumination will be clearly visbible. The rugged, futuristic look and the structured bar design are inspired by Cooler Master’s former High AirFlow series. With options such as built-in vertical graphics card mounting, a customizable PSU shroud, and various cable covers, users can personalize their build while keeping it clean. Radiators, up to 360mm, are fully supported both in the top and front of the MasterCase H500P Mesh White enabling users to build a system that looks clean with performance that is even cooler.

I really hope they'll sell a mesh front panel for the classic grey/black H500P seperately.

Even if the build quality of the top and front panel remain cheap, at least they're nailing the high airflow this time.

h500p;esh.jpg

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Holy shit, they actually listened. 

Theyre also bring back the trooper....  but looks like no PSU shroud, all they did was slap a TG panel on it and another vertical GPU mount that will inevitably choke any air cooled GPU mounted there.

image.png.b42b306be6b8d56135292e5689d17474.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Always thought this case was ugly, never understood the fuss

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

all they did was slap a TG panel on it and another vertical GPU mount

Looks like they upped the fans to 2x 140mm in front.  Also the side panel of those 5.25" bays looks different than that of the original Storm Troopers.

As for the lack of a PSU shroud, those are easy enough to make.  If you're only using an ATX motherboard you can use the bottom standoff holes (which are for XL-ATX) for mounting a homemade cover.  (been there, done that)

----

Anyway, on-topic :

This case really needed a mesh front and top cover.  The big question is if they actually did anything about the shoddy build quality of the rest of the case. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Looks like they upped the fans to 2x 140mm in front.  Also the side panel of those 5.25" bays looks different than that of the original Storm Troopers.

As for the lack of a PSU shroud, those are easy enough to make.  If you're only using an ATX motherboard you can use the bottom standoff holes (which are for XL-ATX) for mounting a homemade cover.  (been there, done that)

I just wish they had modernized the interior a little bit more. I'm not saying a full redesign, but I feel like they could have done a bit more with the I/O

Users can make their system even more outstanding by mounting up to four SSDs in a vertical position, as well. Equipped with X-Dock, these cases give you an easily accessible external 2.5” storage hot swap bay for quick action. Enhanced water cooling support for up to a 360mm radiator in the front and a 240mm on the top, together, with the fan speed controller with LED indicator, will ensure performance will not suffer

The water cooling support is an upgrade, so I guess I can call this a fairly decent step up, everything considered.

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

This case really needed a mesh front and top cover.  The big question is if they actually did anything about the shoddy build quality of the rest of the case. 

Unfortunately, I dont think they did, on both points. They probably only put it on the front, left everything else alone and called it a day. Otherwise, they would have mentioned it in the quick paragraph.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

----

Anyway, on-topic :

The top does not need a mesh panel as much, because the top fans are inside the case as opposed to outside the case like the 2x 200mm front fans, so the inch mesh on the side is actually sufficient.

As for build quality, it might be the same. I know they're realeasing a more "premium" version of the case: The H500M with a full tempered glass layout.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

10 minutes ago, HappyDog_420 said:

I know they're realeasing a more "premium" version of the case: The H500M with a full tempered glass layout.

I'm looking at this right now

They made the front panel Tempered glass panel on rails separate from the frame so you could replace it with an included mesh fan (thank you CM) and they also heavily modified the front and top panels (increased the distance between the fans and the edges of panels) to allow more airflow. I dont know if it's enough, but it's pretty significant in the front so here's hoping. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.746e4bed5d0fb3e090887d55512d61e7.pngimage.thumb.png.6c248549bbf2ce1b8bc119839e63c2a1.pngimage.png.6a3cf700e87b948ae0c229eb7e53e156.png

I/O looks good too, provided thats a gen 2 Type C portimage.png.83ba7eaeed137632f443b2f576536a0a.png

Sadly, this case will probably cost $250 since they put so much TG on it. Tis a shame, because the $150 price point was good for what you were (supposed to initially be) getting.

Cool, that's really good. I expected new revision. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 10 January 2018 at 9:05 PM, TVwazhere said:

Holy shit, they actually listened. 

Theyre also bring back the trooper....  but looks like no PSU shroud, all they did was slap a TG panel on it and another vertical GPU mount that will inevitably choke any air cooled GPU mounted there.

image.png.b42b306be6b8d56135292e5689d17474.png

lol if that image has a noticeable color difference between the part around the TG and the top piece, I wonder how bad it is in real life 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Looking forward to the H500M release in Q2.  Someone on Twitter said they heard it would be $200.  it'll be a nice case at that point, and I have an idea for the whole vertical GPU mounting thing..............

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

On 1/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, Suika said:

I'm pretty sure I just heard Steve from GN scream.

Steve probably came when he heard this

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

It's rumored that mesh panel might be included with the original, and users can swap them out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This is what happens when reviewers actually do their job and point out the negative stuff as well, not just brash it off with a lame joke or saying it's actually ok, because they don't want to upset the company that send the product and in the process risk losing that sponsorship.

5 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

This is what happens when reviewers actually do their job and point out the negative stuff as well, not just brash it off with a lame joke or saying it's actually ok, because they don't want to upset the company that send the product and in the process risk losing that sponsorship.

Companies that gets butthurt from constructive criticism, should just close up shop.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list