Nvidia presents 65" 4K 120Hz, HDR, G-Sync gaming monitor

snortingfrogs

"Big Format Gaming Display"

TV. The word you're looking for it's fucking TV. You can say "gaming TV" and put some stupid angular shit on the bezels and RGB ambient back lighting or something but introducing another acronym and something you want to make into a unique format?

It's a fucking TV Nvidia. It's big, it has fancy tech, your shield crap, I'm sure it will be great for gaming unlike other TVs but it's still a fucking TV and that's all it is.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

TV. The word you're looking for it's fucking TV. You can say "gaming TV" and put some stupid angular shit on the bezels and RGB ambient back lighting or something but introducing another acronym and something you want to make into a unique format?

It's a fucking TV Nvidia. It's big, it has fancy tech, your shield crap, I'm sure it will be great for gaming unlike other TVs but it's still a fucking TV and that's all it is.

Is it still considered a TV if it lacks a tuner though? These kind of questions keep me up at night.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well at least a screen to justify SLI'ing the 1080 Ti's now?

Screen size does not impact GPU demands at all.

Pixelcount does. Refresh does.

This is a standard 4k resolution, so you need just as many 1080ti as you would need on a 30'' 4k screen that also has 120hz.

Just now, Rattenmann said:

Pixelcount does.

This is a standard 4k resolution, so you need just as many 180 tis as you would need on a 30'' 4k screen.

I think he was referring to the 120hz aspect of the 4k, not the screen size itself. We don't really have many 4k 120hz displays on the market (AUO's 4k 144hz panels keep getting pushed back). 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

8 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

Pixelcount does.

This is a standard 4k resolution, so you need just as many 180 tis as you would need on a 30'' 4k screen.

Trust me he knows. He She was referring to the 120hz

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Ill take the quality of my 65" OLED over this anyday. 

This.

Honestly, the fact is, its still an LCD, and at the price its likely going to cost (£1500+), u can get an OLED.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Trust me he knows. He was referring to the 120hz

Hahaha when you think you've seen it all xD thanks for backing me up and yes you're very right, just a little note though it is a she* ^^

Cheers!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Is it still considered a TV if it lacks a tuner though? These kind of questions keep me up at night.

You say "lacks" I say has a "Smart" one to "tune" the interwebs.

If you're hyper-technical about it yes you are correct but the amount of consumers that would get a 65" 4k HDR Screen that don't have a cable box or internet connection and intend to use it with over-the-air TV signal should be small enough that it might as well be 0.

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

To be fair, without a TV tuner, I'm pretty sure you CAN'T call it a 'Television' in a lot of jurisdictions.  Like, the kinda deal where one could be sued for 'false advertising' because it said 'Television' on the box but they couldn't hook up a tuner.  Omitting the word is almost certainly a legal consideration.

12 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I think he was referring to the 120hz aspect of the 4k, not the screen size itself. We don't really have many 4k 120hz displays on the market (AUO's 4k 144hz panels keep getting pushed back). 

Well in case you wanted both 4k and CS:GO there you go. It's about the only thing I can think of that will actually run 4k 120hz sustained actually.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Very excited to see something like this finally coming out. Already messaged a few friends who have been waiting years to buy something like this.

@AluminiumTech @Bouzoo @Praesi

It's called a monitor because it doesn't have a tuner in it. So, it cannot be called a TV. I don't think they meant for this to sit on the desk at all, that's why it has Shield built into it.

2 hours ago, FloRolf said:

I wouldn't be comfortable with this as a daily PC monitor but I personally use my 60" TV at around 1meter distance for racing games and it's pretty damn nice. 

I don't think they really mean for it to sit on your desk :P

2 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

8-10k $ range imho, especially  if you consider it has even full dci-p3  coverage

I could see $4k, if we're talking about USD pricing. Which really wouldn't be that unreasonable. I don't think they'll price it up that high since it'd put them a little out of their market. We'll have to wait and see though. Moreover, we have to see if it ever actually sees the light of day. They still haven't managed to get a 27" 4k 144hz monitor out the door yet.

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

-.-

Seriosly, how have these manufactuers not learned yet.

People can already buy TV's at that size that are good for gaming, only without G/F Sync.

The reason most dont buy them is they are to damn big.

The sweet spot for large VDU gaming is right where there is nothing good atm. 37"-42". Your only choice in this size range are crappy LCD tech VDU's.

Now if they brought out a OLED 40" 120hz Gysnc 4k/8k HDR 16:9 or 21:9 screen for sub £1500, i would bet vital parts of my anatomy that it would sell like hot cakes.

I know several people that would rather have a TV with GSync. This would be considerably better.

1 hour ago, Rattenmann said:

I am using dual 32'' screens as my setup. And honestly when i got these i was on the fence if i can get used to the size.

It took some weeks before i could really enjoy them. 

Would definitely not want to have any bigger screens.

Also not sure if "just" 4k is enough to be crisp and clear for the size and the fact it will be right in your face.

My screens are running 1440p and when i went from 28'' 1440p to these 32'' i noticed a HARSH drop in sharpness. Side by side you can clearly notice the difference in pixel size.

Sure 4k is way more Pixels, but so is 65''.

Haha, oy. Just because it's called a monitor doesn't mean that it will be right in front of you. You know those massive display boards in a lot of places? Those are monitors. This is meant to be more like a TV, they just can't call it that.

It'll be fine for the distance it's used at. Samsung was showing off an 8k TV compared to a 4k TV, and even they said it takes a very large format to be noticeable. Their size was 85".

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I still consider this thing to be a TV. After all, most people are cutting the cable and using streaming services anyways, so the Role of a TV is shifting towards this type of use anyways. 

But holy balls this tv

Big Format Gaming Displays deliver the most responsive big screen gaming experience by a considerable margin

Hewy look, a TV that doesnt have bullshit input latency. Neat! No where does it say this is IPS though....

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Then I am getting mixed signals here:

image.png.eb084dbf13b6fd269ef26c202f6ce07e.png

Hahahaha....touche.

Though to be fair, that image is very misleading. A 65" screen would be way bigger than that. That's at best 49".

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Found my new tv for my living room, hopefully it has the hookups for it. will be kinda downgrading from a 70inch tv to a 65inch but well worth it I guess, lets hope it will be a 4x4x4 chroma and IPS will be a big factor in getting one.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Needs to be 40" and I'll buy in a second.  65" means too damn far away to be usable.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, Poohy14 said:

Found my new tv for my living room, hopefully it has the hookups for it. will be kinda downgrading from a 70inch tv to a 65inch but well worth it I guess, lets hope it will be a 4x4x4 chroma and IPS will be a big factor in getting one.

I do beleve it mention it was IPS in NVidia's video. My mistake, it doesnt say.

It would suck if its IPS. Would be better if it were VA. better contrast, better black uniformity, no IPS glow.

There be a reason most of the best LCD TV's are VA.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

This is going to be a nice addition to the living room. Too bad it doesn't support multi-client screens, otherwise I'd order one for the office too. The Dell 43" display has me excited (on order) but I wish it could be 65" so I could see it from my desk.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

It's called a monitor because it doesn't have a tuner in it. So, it cannot be called a TV. I don't think they meant for this to sit on the desk at all, that's why it has Shield built into it.

This is quite a grey area if we're honest. Straight from Anandtech:

In addition, the BFGD has integrated SHIELD TV functionality via Android TV-based SHIELD with Google Assistant support, essentially turning the monitor into a voice-controllable smart TV.

Continuing on the smart TV angle, the BFGD’s integrated SHIELD allows usage of common streaming applications (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Video), complemented by the bundled SHIELD remote and game controller. And in using BFGDs as TVs, G-Sync supports video playback at a number of framerates common to TV and film, including 23.976, 24, 25, and 48fps formats. As a monitor, though, BFGDs do not have built-in TV tuners.

It doesn't have a tuner, but it has NV Shield TV and with it some TV functionalities, but they still call it a monitor. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

9 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

This is quite a grey area if we're honest. Straight from Anandtech:

It doesn't have a tuner, but it has NV Shield TV and with it some TV functionalities, but they still call it a monitor. 

If you want to get really technical...

mon·i·tor
ˈmänədər/
noun
noun: monitor; plural noun: monitors; noun: monitor lizard; plural noun: monitor lizards
  1. 1.
    an instrument or device used for observing, checking, or keeping a continuous record of a process or quantity.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

If you want to get really technical...

Not to go into debates of the definition of the words, I think you misunderstood me, I never said they weren't monitors, I said I am uncomfortable calling them monitors due to the size.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Fixed.

To be fair, who uses tuners anymore? With all the different standards across various countries, they would just end up segmenting their product line with a different variation of the display to compensate for a regions broadcasting standards. 

I'm in North America and I'll admit, I have one TV that has Terrestrial Broadcasts (Antenna) to receive local channels from the Los Angeles area in HD (720p or 1080i ATSC), mostly ABC, NBC, Local News, Fox, PBS, and etc. I have three other TVs in the house and I just use a HD Homerun to stream the local over the air signal to those tvs. It works quite well. The only reason my living room tv doesn't do the same is because it's an older Panasonic plasma display, no app/smart functionality built in (I do have a roku hooked up to it along with my Home Theatre system, oldish Technics but I love it).

Plus, with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, and streaming apps, even from the big networks and HBO, who needs cable anymore? Cable boxes output in HDMI anway. They're required due to channel encryption and SDV in some areas. Or you have to rent a cablecard + Digital terminal adapter and use something like a HD Homerun, Tivo, Centon tuner.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.