Ryzen Price Drops

dizmo

Anyone else think Ryzen + should have been 1X50 (1650, 1750, 1750x, etc)? That way Ryzen 2 could have utilized the 2X00 serial series and not 3X00

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Anyone else think Ryzen + should have been 1X50 (1650, 1750, 1750x, etc)? That way Ryzen 2 could have utilized the 2X00 serial series and not 3X00

Do we know for sure that Ryzen+ will use the 2000 series nomenclature?

I agree though, your choice would be the best. I really hope they don't keep the same name and just bump the spec up.

If they did use a 2000 series scheme I'm going to go down and slap the marketing team at AMD. First, on right side of their faces for blatantly ripping off Intel's branding, and then on the left for Ryzen+.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Do we know for sure that Ryzen+ will use the 2000 series nomenclature?.

I dont know if we do, I just saw a lot of people using that literature as placeholders for the Ryzen series, and since it was more than a couple of people I was under the asumption it could be the leading scheme moving forward, which makes less logistical sense. 

Then again, Nvidia did release a GTX 1080, which of course, everyone assumed was for 1080p gaming, so...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Why are the 1500x and 1300x more expensive still than their APU counterparts?

It seems to me like they do basically the same on the CPU side (Might have less cache but that's about it, negligible at best difference) So you basically get GPU cores for not only free but less money.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It seems to me like they do basically the same on the CPU side (Might have less cache but that's about it, negligible at best difference) So you basically get GPU cores for not only free but less money.

They replace the 1400 and 1200. So, it makes sense....stack wise. Though I'd seriously question why I'm paying $30 more and the guy below me has a fucking graphics card attached to his.

...when are these supposed to release? I was about to buy a 1400 but I might just wait for these.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

They replace the 1400 and 1200. So, it makes sense....stack wise. Though I'd seriously question why I'm paying $30 more and the guy below me has a fucking graphics card attached to his.

...when are these supposed to release? I was about to buy a 1400 but I might just wait for these.

But I think the clocks for the CPU are not within spitting distance. There was a small chunk behind previously (3.4-3.7 vs 3.6-3.7) but now it's like "The cheaper SKU has basically the same clocks an Vega cores on top"

I mean technically distinguishable but this is even worst than intel and their nonsensical SKUs since anybody should trade 100mhz that could get back with a simple overclock to get the Vega cores.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

But I think the clocks for the CPU are not within spitting distance. There was a small chunk behind previously (3.4-3.7 vs 3.6-3.7) but now it's like "The cheaper SKU has basically the same clocks an Vega cores on top"

I mean technically distinguishable but this is even worst than intel and their nonsensical SKUs since anybody should trade 100mhz that could get back with a simple overclock to get the Vega cores.

They're really pushing that AFR (was that what it was called). Which frankly I don't think is worth it. IIRC you'll see marginally better performance with the x chip (when paired with a flagship GPU) in the R5 stack (perhaps because of the higher cache?) but with a midrange card they're dead even.

Shhh. Don't say such things. You'll upset everyone. All of their pitchforks are currently painted red, and are looking to shiv blue. Cuz you know, AMD can do no wrong 9_9 I completely agree though.

TL;DR - AMD is getting a little extra cash for people that like higher numbers and an X attached to the name of their purchase.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, dizmo said:

They're really pushing that AFR (was that what it was called). Which frankly I don't think is worth it. IIRC you'll see marginally better performance with the x chip (when paired with a flagship GPU) in the R5 stack (perhaps because of the higher cache?) but with a midrange card they're dead even.

Shhh. Don't say such things. You'll upset everyone. All of their pitchforks are currently painted red, and are looking to shiv blue. Cuz you know, AMD can do no wrong 9_9 I completely agree though.

TL;DR - AMD is getting a little extra cash for people that like higher numbers and an X attached to the name of their purchase.

X CPUs were the better binned/higher base clocked parts. That matters for OEMs more than it does for consumers.

This is really awesome. 1800X is really looking great with such price.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The 2200G looks to have excellent value. A decent graphics chip with an already great value CPU, what a deal for people who are shopping budget! If the performance is similar to the GT 1030 like they say, that is a huge value! 

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

52 minutes ago, dizmo said:

*XFR

52 minutes ago, dizmo said:

the X SKUs are basically guaranteed overclocks and have higher TDPs.

Overclocking done by the end user causes warranty to be voided. Overclocking or binning on the part of the manufacturer does not void warranty.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

XFR.

Also, how else is AMD gonna make all them monies if they aren't profiting heavily off of Ryzen?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, DrDerp said:

The 2200G looks to have excellent value. A decent graphics chip with an already great value CPU, what a deal for people who are shopping budget! If the performance is similar to the GT 1030 like they say, that is a huge value! 

That price is also pretty aggressive, which suggests to me it's a big OEM play, along with attempting to run Intel out of the Budget Build segment at $100 USD.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

That price is also pretty aggressive, which suggests to me it's a big OEM play, along with attempting to run Intel out of the Budget Build segment at $100 USD.

It puts the Pentium G4560 to shame. Sure, its a higher price, but the G4560 already has a boosted price of about 70 dollars the last time I checked. That along without the need for a graphics card (in budget systems of course) makes it a highly valued chip to me.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

When comparing CPUs you can't simply look at clock speed, there's a lot more to it than that.

I know there is more to clockspeed, I mentioned numerous times that if it can overclock atleast 4.3GHz then it may compensate for the Haswell/Broadwell IPC of Ryzen, if it can go beyond 4.3 then it may perform better single-threaded wise since the i5-8400 is a locked processor (with a much lower base clock). I inferred that Ryzen will need atleast 300-400MHz advantage to consider it to tie with Coffeelake for the same IPC level.

5 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

None of the Ryzen CPU's are locked, it depends only on the chipset...

I never said any are locked (see below), I theorise that if Ryzen can be overclocked past 4.2 then it may help it catchup to i5-8400 in gaming performance.

5 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

No I mean if it can be overclocked, let's say 4.2 4c/8t (OC'd) vs 4.0 6c/6t (locked)? 4.3 maybe?

I could be all wrong but I am just curious. AMD needs Ryzen+ to be able to overclock around 4.5GHz to stand a chance in gaming.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

4 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

It puts the Pentium G4560 to shame. Sure, its a higher price, but the G4560 already has a boosted price of about 70 dollars the last time I checked. That along without the need for a graphics card (in budget systems of course) makes it a highly valued chip to me.

4c/4t ~99USD with good clocks and a Gaming capable GPU built in, along with being on a platform with new CPUs still coming. Intel hasn't even announced the replacement for the 4000 series parts yet. Oh, and the G4560 and similar are between 80-120 on Newegg, so there's that as well.

8 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

I know there is more to clockspeed, I mentioned numerous times that if it can overclock atleast 4.3GHz then it may compensate for the Haswell/Broadwell IPC of Ryzen, if it can go beyond 4.3 then it may perform better single-threaded wise since the i5-8400 is a locked processor (with a much lower base clock). I inferred that Ryzen will need atleast 300-400MHz advantage to consider it to tie with Coffeelake for the same IPC level.

I never said any are locked (see below), I theorise that if Ryzen can be overclocked past 4.2 then it may help it catchup to i5-8400 in gaming performance.

I could be all wrong but I am just curious. AMD needs Ryzen+ to be able to overclock around 4.5GHz to stand a chance in gaming.

Clocks will only matter to around 4.3-4.4 Ghz. It's really quite questionable to say there is an IPC difference between Intel & AMD when it comes to Gaming. The difference is architectural & optimization not IPC. AMD will saturate what it can on Nvidia's driver at some level of single-threaded clocks. This really only matters for the 1080 Ti class right, as well.

We generally expect normal turbo clocks to be in the mid-4 Ghz. It might OC a good bit further. We'll find out soon enough.

I'd love you get a Ryzen CPU, but I can't. And its definitely not the price tag thats holding me back. Not a single mobo manufacturer has managed to release an x370 M-ATX board yet, so my hands are tied. You can take my PCIE lanes from my cold dead hands, My first board was an SR-2 with 64 lanes and I'll be damned before I buy a B350 mainstream disaster that manages to choke a simple 2-way xfire setup...

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

3 minutes ago, Me1z said:

I'd love you get a Ryzen CPU, but I can't. And its definitely not the price tag thats holding me back. Not a single mobo manufacturer has managed to release an x370 M-ATX board yet, so my hands are tied. You can take my PCIE lanes from my cold dead hands, My first board was an SR-2 with 64 lanes and I'll be damned before I buy a B350 mainstream disaster that manages to choke a simple 2-way xfire setup...

Says the guy who runs...a single GPU? ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Says the guy who runs...a single GPU? ;)

Because the Z87 chipset is so unstable that it can't electrically handle my second R9 295x2. It's been sitting gathering dust forever. Intel's fuckup with Z87 and first gen haswell, (z97 and devils canyon being second gen) is the main reason that I'll never purchace another intel CPU for my own personal use. They litterally said "oops" 6 months after release and burried us under z97 and devils canyon with not so much as an apology

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

8 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Because the Z87 chipset is so unstable that it can't electrically handle my second R9 295x2. It's been sitting gathering dust forever. Intel's fuckup with Z87 and first gen haswell, (z97 and devils canyon being second gen) is the main reason that I'll never purchace another intel CPU for my own personal use. They litterally said "oops" 6 months after release and burried us under z97 and devils canyon with not so much as an apology

So you're going to simply go without? You have to pick one or the other.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

So you're going to simply go without? You have to pick one or the other.

Not that I'm desperate for an upgrade, my current performance is... acceptable, but like I said, I'd love to get a Ryzen CPU. All I'm waiting for is the first decently made X370 M-ATX board

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

10 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

yes but the 2400G is a 4c/8t part rather than a 6c/6t part.

I think it is safe to expect similar multi-threaded performance and a 5 to 10% difference in single-threaded performance in favor of the $20 more expensive 8400 then. Not too bad.

EDIT: Looks like I have missed a few pages there. I still mean it tho.

10 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

yes but the 2400G is a 4c/8t part rather than a 6c/6t part.

Yeah, comparing a 4c/8t CPU to a 6c/6t CPU is like comparing apples and oranges.  I'd say we wait until April benchmarks.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy