Please don't do ads like this.

Thinker_145

Meh, doesn't bother me. They're integrated in such a way that it doesn't bother me and they have to make money somehow. I'd rather watch a couple seconds of ad than paya  subscription for videos

That's an F in the profile pic

Honestly if you watch one or two LTT vids you'd know when to Ctrl+W. I've seen channels that do ads in the MIDDLE or 3/4 in the video so LTT are fine how they do things.

26 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Meh, doesn't bother me. They're integrated in such a way that it doesn't bother me and they have to make money somehow. I'd rather watch a couple seconds of ad than paya  subscription for videos

Rip vessel.

41 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Honestly if you watch one or two LTT vids you'd know when to Ctrl+W. I've seen channels that do ads in the MIDDLE or 3/4 in the video so LTT are fine how they do things.

Rip vessel.

I dont need to skip adds, if the content is good im aight with them, but its gotten out of hands! Nowadays, the content itself seems like an add. They made do back in the day with a sponsor spot here n there..Now, its 2 or 3 adds in a freaking 3minute video..I dont understand all them sheeps. i truly dont, wish ltt never got to this point. rip

On 12/17/2017 at 7:00 AM, Thinker_145 said:

The ads that you guys generally run at the start of a video seem perfectly fine to me(even this is sadly changing to the abrupt ads) and are generally pleasing to watch as well. I am not saying that there shouldn't be an ad in the end but please not this way. And yes I made a profile just to make this thread. 

Unfortunately there are only three ways to make money by creating media content: 

1. You can charge the creators
  2. You can charge the viewers
  3. You can sell advertisement space/time.

As long as they keep putting all of their content on youtube for free, I'm perfectly content to watch a well placed ad or two.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Unfortunately there are only three ways to make money by creating media content: 

1. You can charge the creators
  2. You can charge the viewers
  3. You can sell advertisement space/time.

As long as they keep putting all of their content on youtube for free, I'm perfectly content to watch a well placed ad or two.

How come, most other channels make enough with 1 add/vid? but ltt has to have 2 or more, even if the content itself is shorter..Enlighten me.

6 minutes ago, Naata said:

How come, most other channels make enough with 1 add/vid? but ltt has to have 2 or more, even if the content itself is shorter..Enlighten me.

Because most other channels don't have the overhead that LTT has. Do you like videos like "8 gamers 1 CPU"? That shit is EXPENSIVE. Seriously, go price some of these builds out yourself. Some, but not all are sponsored, all are very, very expensive.

Secondly, the quality of the content is usually quite high, although I can tell that great effort is made to make them have that "backyard shoot" homely feeling. Thank's @LinusTech, that creates a feel good environment that takes me back to the good ol' NCIX days. 

Beyond that, you enlighten me about what right you have to tell Linus Sebastian when he has enough money?

Just now, straight_stewie said:

Because most other channels don't have the overhead that LTT has. Do you like videos like "8 gamers 1 CPU"? That shit is EXPENSIVE. Seriously, go price some of these builds out yourself. Some, but not all are sponsored.

Secondly, the quality of the content is usually quite high, although I can tell that great effort is made to make them have that "backyard shoot" homely feeling. Thank's @LinusTech, that creates a feel good environment that takes me back to the NCIX days. 

Beyond that, you enlighten me about what right you have to tell Linus Sebastian when he has enough money?

A big yt chan like ltt, doesnt pay the premium, like you as a consumer do my friend. On stuff they feature(advertise). Clearly you dont crasp this.

Secondly, this excactly is the problem! They used to have that feeling, without the tryhard feel to it..Now, it just aint what it used to be and thats a fact!

Thidrly, there are as big or bigger yt chans that have less adds on their short vids.

Beyonb that, none. absolutely none. but as a long time fan, i feel i have the right to VOICE MY OPPINNION on current state of affairs, no?

Awesome how noone has nothing to say on topic, but in a minute there are some ppl attacking ppl who have negative things to say :)

Just now, Naata said:

Beyonb that, none. absolutely none. but as a long time fan, i feel i have the right to VOICE MY OPPINNION on current state of affairs, no?

You've done more than voice your opinion, you've argued that your position is correct and that LTT should take ads out of videos to increase your enjoyment. 

1 minute ago, Naata said:

A big yt chan like ltt, doesnt pay the premium, like you as a consumer do my friend. On stuff they feature(advertise). Clearly you dont crasp this.

I don't "crasp" anything, whatever that means. I do however, grasp that I said "some but not all are sponsored". LTT does still have to pay for some parts from time to time.

2 minutes ago, Naata said:

Thidrly, there are as big or bigger yt chans that have less adds on their short vids.

You've argued against yourself here:

2 minutes ago, Naata said:

Beyonb that, none. absolutely none

It doesn't matter what anyone else does, LTT can try to make as much or as little money as they find necessary to conduct their business plans, provide for their families, or make their pockets heavy.

As a consumer you can speak with your actions. If you find it so painful to watch LTT that you have to make an account on this website just to bitch about it, maybe your voice would be more powerful if you took your viewership elsewhere. Businesses collect information about what consumers actually do, not what they say they do.

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

The topic, if you'll reread the op, is to bash LTT for playing too many "sneaky, pesky ads" during their videos. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but saying that there really isn't a problem with that is, infact, on topic?

Also, you haven't been here very long, so I'll let this adhominen attack:

slide.

Just wow..

Well they ARE playing too many damn adds! If u take a moment, go watch some tech chans on yt and their CES coverage. U will notice, they have videos over 3 minutes with 1!!!! add. Unlike, ltt! Get with the program, like i said to another, great contributer..i might be new on the forum, but i sure aint new with ltt content. Im simply saying, in my original topic that ltt was way better before, and to me today it seems they have simply gotten greedy. Do i need to point out, that there are other ways for a yt chan to make money too, than placing a sh*t ton of adds in their vids? Well, there are, and im sure ltt are implementing them aswell.

Im not here to bash on random ppl, nor troll. simply i wanted my voice to be heard. Every one of us has a right to their opinion, and thats mine..So why not just try n live with it, instead of having a goodol time in a thread. Maybe let my opinion just slide eh?

Im surely not the only one with it, maybe one of the few who took the time and created an account to the forums.

11 minutes ago, Naata said:

Well they ARE playing too many damn adds! If u take a moment, go watch some tech chans on yt and their CES coverage. U will notice, they have videos over 3 minutes with 1!!!! add. Unlike, ltt! Get with the program, like i said to another, great contributer..i might be new on the forum, but i sure aint new with ltt content. Im simply saying, in my original topic that ltt was way better before, and to me today it seems they have simply gotten greedy. Do i need to point out, that there are other ways for a yt chan to make money too, than placing a sh*t ton of adds in their vids? Well, there are, and im sure ltt are implementing them aswell.

Not at all, LTT is a company that needs to work with other companies to make ends meet, as in doing sponsorships which mutually aid both sides of the parties and thus is how sponsorships are done. LTT earns money, Sponsor earns money. Don't like it? Get Floatplane and avoid most of the ads. LTT still does YT ads because who doesn't? Everyone puts ads in their work as it's a Business and in order for a business to thrive, they need to earn money

11 minutes ago, Naata said:

it just was more authentic and better in so many ways

That is a point that I can agree with. As LTT's dependence on advertisers increases, so does the probability that advertisers are forcing them to say certain things during product reviews.

• 4 weeks later...

Never have I ever thought that the usual "adblock bruh." comment would be so irrelevant. The internet ads are advancing!

Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4Ghz - Corsair H60i- 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Vengeance RGB @2933Mhz - MSI Geforce RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio - 120 GB NVMe (OS) - 240 GB SSD - 5 TB Raid

I once repacked Breath Of The Wild and CEMU on the CemuPiracy sub for PC and now everyone asks me about it.

Streamer/Content Creator

If I had a dollar for every thread opened to complain about how LTT integrates ads, I would have enough to get myself a Floatplane subscription for the rest of my life. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Of all the videos linked have been CES videos which are usually shorter making the ads a larger percent of the video. Use a non trade show video which better represents LTT videos for your examples. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

So now we are going to have 2 ads in between the content. They just don't give a f*** really. 

i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz w/ CM Hyper 212+ - Zotac RTX 2070 Super Amp - 32 GB(16x2) DDR 4 @ 3200Mhz - CM HAF 922 - Samsung RU7100 43" - Sennheiser HD 598 powered by ASUS Xonar DG - Edifier S350DB - Logitech G603 - Razer Goliathus Speed Edition - Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Xbox One S Controller - Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Thinker_145 said:

So now we are going to have 2 ads in between the content. They just don't give a f*** really. 

Where was the 2 ads? I have yet to watch the YT part (FPC ftw)~ 

20 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Where was the 2 ads? I have yet to watch the YT part (FPC ftw)~ 

First ad 0:53 - 1:06

Second ad 6:37 - 7:07.

i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz w/ CM Hyper 212+ - Zotac RTX 2070 Super Amp - 32 GB(16x2) DDR 4 @ 3200Mhz - CM HAF 922 - Samsung RU7100 43" - Sennheiser HD 598 powered by ASUS Xonar DG - Edifier S350DB - Logitech G603 - Razer Goliathus Speed Edition - Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Xbox One S Controller - Windows 10 Pro