Has Vape Done Damage to me ? Coughing since i had a puff

Mohh2bear12s

I decided to try my friends vape as he said it is strong lol it was only set to 80w but ive never had one before and so it made me absolutely cough like hell and my eyes watered and ever since around 3pm ive been coughing its now 00:05 wtf?

5 hours ago, Mohh2bear12s said:

I decided to try my friends vape as he said it is strong lol it was only set to 80w but ive never had one before and so it made me absolutely cough like hell and my eyes watered and ever since around 3pm ive been coughing its now 00:05 wtf?

You took a strong hit. Your fine though. Its the moisture aka water vapor that is causing you to cough. It will pass. Next time start with a lower wattage. Or don't start at all. Vaping is supposed to be used as a cessation device to help people quit smoking. 

And this is being said from a former smoker who vapes. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

21 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

You took a strong hit. Your fine though. Its the moisture aka water vapor that is causing you to cough. It will pass. Next time start with a lower wattage. Or don't start at all. Vaping is supposed to be used as a cessation device to help people quit smoking. 

Vape actually doesn't have a lot of water vapour in it, and that's not what caused the coughing.

If you were pulling like a cigarette where you draw into the mouth first, then into the lungs, then you'll cough for sure. Also some vapes pump out massive amounts of clouds that you probably won't be used to. If he was using very strong nicotine amounts that could also have caused irritation.

Don't vape though unless you're stopping smoking... it's not worth it

That's an F in the profile pic

In reality vaping is not that much an improvement over smoking tobacco. There’s so many smoking cessation methods available and many of them are covered by medical insurance like therapy plus medications like Varenicline or even OTC nicotine patches. 

A lot of the liquids used in vaping contain propylene glycol which can cause lung damage. https://gizmodo.com/why-e-cigarettes-might-not-be-as-safe-as-you-think-1589485508 

These e-cigarettes/vapes are not advertised as smoking cessation devices and many of them aren’t regulated by the FDA (depending on the country) for safety and efficacy. The manufacturers of the vaping liquid can put whatever crap they wish inside. Some of the liquids advertised containing nicotine barely has it. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Popcorn Lung is now a confirmed problem with Vaping. It has been pointed out to me (and confirmed by other sources) that Popcorn Lung is not confirmed, but merely suspected. More research is needed to determine whether the association between Popcorn Lung and vaping is causal, or is merely a coincidence. With that in mind, it's still not confirmed to be safe to consume in the long term.

However, it takes a while for that to happen. One hit won't leave you with any permanent damage.

@Mohh2bear12s your lungs are most likely simply irritated from being exposed to something they have never experienced before. Give it time and you'll be totally fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Vaping isn't something the body is used to, or something that it wants. It's a reaction to that. Listen to your body.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Popcorn Lung is now a confirmed problem with Vaping.

However, it takes a while for that to happen. One hit won't leave you with any permanent damage.

@Mohh2bear12s your lungs are most likely simply irritated from being exposed to something they have never experienced before. Give it time and you'll be totally fine.

Not true

https://www.snopes.com/vaping-causes-popcorn-lung/

Although it should be noted that they have no clue if the amounts found in vaping liquids is large enough to cause popcorn lung it is true that diacetyl is present in some vaping liquids and to be safe those liquids should be avoided. There are multiple liquids that certify themselves diacetyl free.

On 28.11.2017 at 7:17 AM, Zusafek said:

^

I quit smoking like 5months ago thanks to vaping.

Tbh I don't understand people who starts to vape for no reason, maybe it's just me.

Nothing wrong with that, it's better than smoking.

On 28.11.2017 at 1:05 AM, Mohh2bear12s said:

im laughing my ass off here :D which is not cool since im at work -.- 

so you took one puff and now fear it has already corrupted your body and youre forever ruined?

i just love this.

keep calm itll pass. i do agree with what has been said before. im not telling anyone to start vaping. also im not telling you not to. its your choice but the only people i really recommend it to is smokers.

i used to smoke quite a lot if be it not for that long compared to some others. and now i havent had a cigarette in like 2 years or something and cant imagine going back.

all that being said i do get the occasional non-smoker whose just curious of what its like and they usually take one puff and then cough their lungs out like you :D. even though im dialing it way down for them.

id say it takes getting used too but then again so does smoking. and i much rather vape.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Don't vape or smoke please, take care of your body and health.

Those are the worst invesment in life.

You can use your money for something more meaningful than harming yourself little by little.

I am not telling you what to do, its your money its your life.

I am just saying.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

basically, vaping is what cigarette was in the early years.

there has been studies on its effects but who knows how thorought they were, we will really know what it does in a few decades after many more studies, changes to the liquid recipe and all of that, thanks to test subjects like you.

let me tell you how this will likely go:

in a few years it is discovered that some product used in vaping is extremely harmful, it is replaced by another that have another bad effect no one knows about, then in a few couple years people are still sick from that shit, maybe less than cigarette but your body was made to breathe air that have the same composition as the atmosphere, this is how it evolved to become how it is right now, so just quit all that shit altogether, if vaping helps quitting fine. just don't make it a long term habit because that's where the harm is.

59 minutes ago, Jumals said:

^

I quit smoking like 5months ago thanks to vaping.

Tbh I don't understand people who starts to vape for no reason, maybe it's just me.

Nothing wrong with that, it's better than smoking.

yeah me too. this colleague of mine used to smoke then stopped and went clean and now like years later started vaping out of the blue and i dont quite get that. i mean i like vaping but if youre already off the nicotin at least vape 0mg but he doesnt and i dont quite get but again his coice and i guess its better than starting smoking again

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

25 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Don't vape or smoke please, take care of your body and health.

Those are the worst invesment in life.

You can use your money for something more meaningful than harming yourself little by little.

I am not telling you what to do, its your money its your life.

I am just saying.

yeah like pc hardware is so meaning full. i mean yes you have a point but its a hobby like any other some people are into wine some drink a lot of beer some smoke some overeat and stuff themselves with crap "food". unhealthy habits/hobbys are nothing new. if you were to spend all your money only on "meaningfull" things youd have no fun. 

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah like pc hardware is so meaning full. i mean yes you have a point but its a hobby like any other some people are into wine some drink a lot of beer some smoke some overeat and stuff themselves with crap "food". unhealthy habits/hobbys are nothing new. if you were to spend all your money only on "meaningfull" things youd have no fun. 

Well of course but if u can find another hobby/habbits that wont harm yourself or other with that money would that be more meaningful?

I understand u must have fun but you should choose which are the best for you.

And yes we are all gonna die in the end but healthy life is an option for sure.

Like i said its your money its your life i am not trying to tell u what to do i am just saying and try to give u a better option whether u want to follow it or not that is entirely up to you because its for yourself not myself.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Howitz said:

basically, vaping is what cigarette was in the early years.

there has been studies on its effects but who knows how thorought they were, we will really know what it does in a few decades after many more studies, changes to the liquid recipe and all of that, thanks to human guinea pigs like you.

id argue that the same thing goes for most stuff in life like just think of all the foods that "turn out" to cause cancer apparently and then theres car exhaust fumes that have recently become a big thing and electric cars were called the future but now studies show it takes 12 year of driving one to just even out the co2 produced making the batteries compared to a regular gas engined car. we are all guinea pigs acting on what we now today and probably most of our decision will be looked at like "well they didnt know better then" in the future just like we look back at times where they bled people dry to get the "toxins" out of there body

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

id argue that the same thing goes for most stuff in life like just think of all the foods that "turn out" to cause cancer apparently and then theres car exhaust fumes that have recently become a big thing and electric cars were called the future but now studies show it takes 12 year of driving one to just even out the co2 produced making the batteries compared to a regular gas engined car. we are all guinea pigs acting on what we now today and probably most of our decision will be looked at like "well they didnt know better then" in the future just like we look back at times where they bled people dry to get the "toxins" out of there body

xD drinking wine out of lead cups in antique rome.

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Well of course but if u can find another hobby/habbits that wont harm yourself or other with that money would that be more meaningful?

I understand u must have fun but you should choose which are the best for you.

And yes we are all gonna die in the end but healthy life is an option for sure.

Like i said its your money its your life i am not trying to tell u what to do i am just saying and try to give u a better option whether u want to follow it or not that is entirely up to you because its for yourself not myself.

i get it and youre right more healthy ? sure but meaningful? lets say a have a friend who goes rock climbing. its healthy sure but meaningful? climbing up a wall isnt meaningful. most fun things arent.

8 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

but its a hobby

if it's being used for any reason other than to quit smoking i see those people as idiots. regardless of if it's a hobby or not. taking up vaping because you want to look cool or hip so you can blog about it on tumblr is as stupid to me as actually smoking

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

if it's being used for any reason other than to quit smoking i see those people as idiots. regardless of if it's a hobby or not. taking up vaping because you want to look cool or hip so you can blog about it on tumblr is as stupid to me as actually smoking

regardless of the hobby even. if you only do something to look cool youre being stupid sure. but if you do because you enjoy the experience then there nothing wrong with a hobby. nobody is like "you know i hate this and it hurts physically but i look damn cool doing it so im gonna torture myself every day now" people wouldnt do it if it didnt do something for them. 

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

i get it and youre right more healthy ? sure but meaningful? lets say a have a friend who goes rock climbing. its healthy sure but meaningful? climbing up a wall isnt meaningful. most fun things arent.

xD you dont have to do a rock climbing to be healthy and meaningful to have fun.

There are other option, A safer one. and its up to us to decide which are the best for us. for me its video games.

I see that you are one of them.

Sorry doesnt mean to tell u what to do and you have the right to defend yourself.

Bye.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

10 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

xD you dont have to do a rock climbing to be healthy and meaningful to have fun.

There are other option, A safer one. and its up to us to decide which are the best for us. for me its video games.

I see that you are one of them.

Sorry doesnt mean to tell u what to do and you have the right to defend yourself.

Bye.

one of them? dude wtf bro? :D

just kidding yes im one of them but im fully capable of discussing the matter in a friendly and civilzed way.

im just saying 2 things:

1. hobbys are never "meaningful" if you only do it to have fun because fun isnt meaningful

2. i can probably poke holes in every hobby you can list and tell you how its bad for you. you think video games are good? well what the eye damage from long gaming session. and the back issues youll develop if you just sit in front of the pc all day for years. 

5 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

one of them? dude wtf bro? :D

just kidding yes im one of them but im fully capable of discussing the matter in a friendly and civilzed way.

im just saying 2 things:

1. hobbys are never "meaningful" if you only do it to have fun because fun isnt meaningful

2. i can probably poke holes in every hobby you can list and tell you how its bad for you. you think video games are good? well what the eye damage from long gaming session. and the back issues youll develop if you just sit in front of the pc all day for years. 

Dude? lol

That depends i've seen a lot of people who gives things to poor whether irl or youtube and they not only do it for once.

They are having fun while being meaningful not just for themselves but for other.

Can u do that as a hobby? sure why not?

If u can then that is the best hobby ever.

I am not saying that every hobbies should be meaningful for you or other because the one who define "meaningful" can be you or them.

Lets agreed that hobbies are never meaningful if u only do it for fun.

But does it have to be bad for you to have fun?

No.

I am just saying that there's a billions of hobbies out there that wont harm yourself.

And i already said that its up to you to decide which is best for you in my very first post.

I dont understand why u kept on quoting me and telling me things.

I just dont understand your motives.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]