Battlefield 1 is not getting enhancements for Xbox One X

AlTech

It seems as though Battlefield 1 is not getting enhancements/improvements to take advantage of Xbox One X.

EA's Battlefield German account replied to a question asked about BF1 Xbox One X enhancements.

Translation of response:

Battlefield 1 will of course be playable on the Xbox One X, but an "Enhanced" version will be unavailable.

Windows Central makes a good point of wondering why the PS4 Pro got optimizations for it and not Xbox One X. Either Sony is paying $$$ to EA or EA tried optimizing it and got frustrated.

Battlefield 1 on Xbox One currently sports a dynamically scaling resolution, meaning that the game should more consistently hit its target resolution when played on the console. However, in contrast to the PlayStation 4 Pro version which saw specific upgrades for the hardware, it'd be surprising to see an Xbox One X version skipped over entirely.

battlefield-1-spade-kill.jpg?itok=8NIDD8

So yeah, EA what are you doing? I'm pretty sure you really don't care about BF1 but this is just not good enough. Games shouldn't stop being worked on after 1 year of being on the market. Games should be continually be improved for a reasonable amount of time and yes I know this costs money but developers can find a way to make money without using Loot Boxes and Micro-transactions.

Source:

https://www.windowscentral.com/battlefield-1-xbox-one-x-enhancements

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

There are actually people that are still playing it? lol

Why wouldn't they? It's a great game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

EA has tried and failed to keep some of their playerbase still playing.

Plenty of people who bought BF1 stopped playing less than 6 months after they bought it. EA has generally not been very helpful and DICE has been unwilling to make major changes to balance the game properly.

Many YouTubers in the Battlefield space have complained about BF1 and how long the DLC is taking to arrive.

For reference, BF1 is only on it's 1st or 2nd DLC expansion out of 5 planned expansions.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

EA has tried and failed to keep some of their playerbase still playing.

Plenty of people who bought BF1 stopped playing less than 6 months after they bought it. EA has generally not been very helpful and DICE has been unwilling to make major changes to balance the game properly.

Many YouTubers in the Battlefield space have complained about BF1 and how long the DLC is taking to arrive.

For reference, BF1 is only on it's 1st or 2nd DLC expansion out of 5 planned expansions.

Yeah, but IMO considering how long BF4 was kept alive, I'd expect EA to take a bit longer with releasing DLCs to keep the game relevant longer

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

See Aluminium's answer. 

The same happened to BF 4 and 3.

I played both of them a few weeks or months and then they got so boring that I stopped playing. 

The incredibly repetitive gameplay of shooters really doesn't help. 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, but IMO considering how long BF4 was kept alive, I'd expect EA to take a bit longer with releasing DLCs to keep the game relevant longer

Well whatever the reasoning of the delayed DLC, people are allegedly bored of the base game already.

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

See Aluminium's answer. 

The same happened to BF 4 and 3.

I played both of them a few weeks or months and then they got so boring that I stopped playing.

I understand, though that's not a valid reason to assume that noone else is playing it too ^_^ 

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well whatever the reasoning of the delayed DLC, people are allegedly bored of the base game already.

That's possible, I personally like the game because it's just a well-made shooter, whether it's boring or not that's up to an individual but I like it a lot more than the dreadful CoD: WWII beta :P

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

i also mainly play that game, you cant satisfy all players, BAttlefield 4 was despised by the more casual players because skill had a bigger impact on gameplay, BF1 isnt being played by many of the competitive players because the randomness of weapon spread on many guns doesnt often guarantee more hits with better aim and some kills are basically luck based

my main gripe with the Battlefield franchise is that you always feel pressured to change weapons and grind unlocks for them, feels bad and boring.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

tbh BF1 is the only shooter i would describe nearly as perfect, i dont think that there are any better MP shooters that are so well done like Battlefield 1, you can always find something in there that doenst make you happy but compared to other titles it cant really get any better

Perhaps there won't be an enhanced version since the CPU is shit?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

22 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Perhaps there won't be an enhanced version since the CPU is shit?

The GPU can handle 2160p though.

A native 2160p version for Xbox One X would be a nice addition if the console can handle BF1 2160p60.

probably EA doens't want to lose time and money on a game that is 1 year old and will not bring much money if any. PS4 came out a long time ago, it's completely different.

this all thing of different versions of the same console to try and keep up with PC's is crazy and completely unsustainable 

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Windows Central makes a good point of wondering why the PS4 Pro got optimizations for it and not Xbox One X. Either Sony is paying $$$ to EA or EA tried optimizing it and got frustrated.

or you know: the PS4 Pro was already out when BF launched and EA isn't the kind of company that patches it's game months after it's release unless of course they release the enhanced version as a standalone tittle that you'll have to buy again

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

34 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

or you know: the PS4 Pro was already out when BF launched and EA isn't the kind of company that patches it's game months after it's release unless of course they release the enhanced version as a standalone tittle that you'll have to buy again

that would be nice to see. New full price or even 1/2 price xbox one x versions of old games :D

out now the xbox one y version of skyrim for 60$

Casualfield.

No physical bases

No uncappable main bases

No takeoff for aircraft

No vehicles unless spawning in them

Vehicle driver classes (ugh)

Map design is too arena-style

Maps aren't large enough for quality 64 player gameplay

Behemoths and Elite classes

A lack of meaningful customization

Battlefield 1 is like the Fisher Price version of Battlefield, lacking a sense of seriousness, of strategy, and of team performance counting. That's why people aren't playing it, and why Battlefield 1's daily player base is almost at the level of Battlefield 4's daily player base on PC.

I had hoped that Patrick Bach leaving DICE would have resulted in the studio starting to make more sophisticated games once again, but Battlefront 2 seems to show that Bach wasn't the only person holding DICE back from making great games.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Battlefield 1 on Xbox One currently sports a dynamically scaling resolution, meaning that the game should more consistently hit its target resolution when played on the console

I think we're overlooking this: I hate to give EA credit here but DICE is a capable dev and I'm sure that they've tested the exact same game that well, dynamically scales up the resolution as soon as the added headroom on the new console is there.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

The GPU can handle 2160p though.

A native 2160p version for Xbox One X would be a nice addition if the console can handle BF1 2160p60.

Doesn't mean much when the CPU can't feed it.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Or, you know, the PlayStation 4 Pro launched when BF1 was still relevant.

Let's think logically here. BF1 on consoles probably isn't relevant by this point.

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

There are actually people that are still playing it? lol

Another point I'm just thinking about: EA have another Starwars Battlefront lined up right? They're the kind of pricks that think that giving people an awesome upgrade on the xXboneXx (Is it not a vegan straight edge console?) might eat up some of the stat wars title sales that should really pick up by the end of the year with the new episode movie coming out as well.

This is assuming my previous post it's inaccurate and that the dynamic resolution scaling doesn't actually scales past the current version once it detects the new hardware

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Another point I'm just thinking about: EA have another Starwars Battlefront lined up right? They're the kind of pricks that think that giving people an awesome upgrade on the xXboneXx (Is it not a vegan straight edge console?) might eat up some of the stat wars title sales that should really pick up by the end of the year with the new episode movie coming out as well.

This is assuming my previous post it's inaccurate and that the dynamic resolution scaling doesn't actually scales past the current version once it detects the new hardware

If the Xbox One X can handle older games like the PS4 Pro can via Boost Mode, I'd imagine that the dynamic resolution would probably stay capped at its maximum for the vast majority of the time, which is either 1776x1000 or 1920x1080 from what I remember.

Part of me wants to believe that EA's not doing this because of Battlefront II, but another part of me wants to say that Battlefield titles probably disappear faster on consoles than they do on PC.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

If the Xbox One X can handle older games like the PS4 Pro can via Boost Mode, I'd imagine that the dynamic resolution would probably stay capped at its maximum for the vast majority of the time, which is either 1776x1000 or 1920x1080 from what I remember.

Part of me wants to believe that EA's not doing this because of Battlefront II, but another part of me wants to say that Battlefield titles probably disappear faster on consoles than they do on PC.

Well there's no reason why that should be. I mean I'd like to assume that it is actually dynamic and not just in name and that if there's any limitation it should be straight forward to remove or adjust for the new console

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Well there's no reason why that should be. I mean I'd like to assume that it is actually dynamic and not just in name and that if there's any limitation it should be straight forward to remove or adjust for the new console

If DF's video on Battlefield 1 on consoles is anything to go by, it's dynamic but it's fairly contained with resolutions between probably 1440x810 to 1776x1000 (generally on the lower end with the base console).

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.