Post Custom Desktop

I97Computers

Cover of new album from Audiomachine, looks pretty awesome(and the album is awesome of course)

post-38096-0-45720200-1435341456_thumb.j

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The extent of my graphic design skills are ms paint, so sadly no I don't do this, and if I tried itwould look like poop.

not the picture silly im talking about my desktop how theres no icons

when i run rainmeter skins i turn the start bar to hide and remove all desktop icons. (i usualy only run rainmeter when im filming something in my room, it just makes my pc look cool so that my backdrop isnt just bland)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

close, but not quite

yGeFfRV.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

when i run rainmeter skins i turn the start bar to hide and remove all desktop icons. (i usualy only run rainmeter when im filming something in my room, it just makes my pc look cool so that my backdrop isnt just bland)

i love rainmeter :)

i love rainmeter :)

just dont run it while non-techies are watching.... (i brougth my laptop to school once and oh my god i got eaten alive!!)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I usually keep icons off the desktop, but I occasionally put stuff there when I want temporary fast access.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I kind of do, hate icons on my desktop, only keep the Rubbish Bin, I also have my taskbar hidden at all time lol

Had rainmeter before, used this clock overlay thing which blended with the wallpaper looked pretty nice, but never got round to even downloading it again since I did a clean fresh install of windows 

tpBdTDc.jpg

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

no, I just keep the icons on my desktop limited to 1-2 lines of them on the left hand side.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I only use the taskbar. I have nothing on my desktops

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Isn't there an option to give complete free placement of icons instead of the grid-based? I remember I used it on my laptop so that the icon itself was on the edge of the screen, that way they couldn't be seen but still be clicked. It required some memory, but was kinda neat.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Isn't there an option to give complete free placement of icons instead of the grid-based? I remember I used it on my laptop so that the icon itself was on the edge of the screen, that way they couldn't be seen but still be clicked. It required some memory, but was kinda neat.

yea there is

I do the same, if I put a good quality wallpaper I don't want it to be covered in icons. I pin my most used applications on the task bar.NU7rQuo.jpg

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

Decided to use rainmeter again! 

Going to leave it simple like this for a bit: 

jfrJDrK.jpg

Just a media player to start/stop/forward songs playing off spotify and a visualizer for those songs plus a little clock/date. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I do pretty much the same thing, except that I have a Rocketdock... dock at the top.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Yep, I do the same. I leave just the recycle bin on the desktop then a few of my more frequently used ones on the task bar.

P6M2zxI.png

Nice desktop. Clean. The background is nice where did you get it or make it?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER