Post Custom Desktop

I97Computers

It was linked on Jalopnik a while back. Every so often they feature high quality photos of cars for desktop wallpapers. Usually called "Your Ridiculously Awesome [insert Car Here] Wallpaper Is Here". Right now it's a BMW M4 in the woods but I'm sticking with the FB RX7 for now. I like the sky in it.

I keep what I need to access fast on my taskbar and my desktop clean. I'll have it no other way!

(I wanna use rainmeter so bad t-t)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have just 2 icons, My computer and trash bin and I always make the icons a quite bigger so it doesn't look that "empty"

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Why do you guys have so many things on your taskbar?

dydkFWv.png

My desktop is just Rainmeter.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Right now I've 2 or 3 icons, but I usually roll without them, I rarely use them and if I need them they are on the windows 8.1 start menu :)

the icons not thte picture ;)

xc11yc.png

Yes, i do :P

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

i made it

I like how you have the system usage info up top and the clock on the bottom.

That is something I could definitely use. I use Win7 as my main OS right now using the gadgets to show this stuff. I have WIn10 Preview but I haven't really been into customizing it yet. I am tech savy but not code savy so making things like this is somewhat beyond my current skill set.

Would be possible to ask for a small tutorial on how you put it together? 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I like how you have the system usage info up top and the clock on the bottom.

That is something I could definitely use. I use Win7 as my main OS right now using the gadgets to show this stuff. I have WIn10 Preview but I haven't really been into customizing it yet. I am tech savy but not code savy so making things like this is somewhat beyond my current skill set.

Would be possible to ask for a small tutorial on how you put it together? 

It's all just rainmeter (Although I'm not sure which skin he used exactly), it's all pretty easy to set up and use and there are a lot of skins out there to pick from, and detailed guides too. 

You can download it here: http://rainmeter.net/

I would recommend getting the 3.3 Beta Release, it will run fine, but also a lot of new skins are only supported on that version. 

Once downloaded and installed just search the web for rainmeter skins, I normally use deviantart or sites like Rainmeterhub to look for mine. 

Once you find something you like just download it, it should come as a .rmskin file which you just need to open and click to add it to rainmeter, if it doesn't it will be a folder of stuff which you just need to drag and drop into your rainmeter's 'Skins' folder

Then in your taskbar right click the Rainmeter icon go to 'Skins' then to skin you downloaded then click it and it will show on your desktop

And depending on the skin you downloaded you can go into the ini file with notepad and change around some variables to make it exactly how you want it (That's where things get more complex, however that step it's needed)

If you like it how it is you can just drag it to where you want it and you're done :)

If you ever need to go into more detail on anything then there is always this official 'guide/manual': http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual lists pretty much everything you'll ever need to make or to customize a rainmeter skin

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

It's all just rainmeter (Although I'm not sure which skin he used exactly), it's all pretty easy to set up and use and there are a lot of skins out there to pick from, and detailed guides too. 

You can download it here: http://rainmeter.net/

I would recommend getting the 3.3 Beta Release, it will run fine, but also a lot of new skins are only supported on that version. 

Once downloaded and installed just search the web for rainmeter skins, I normally use deviantart or sites like Rainmeterhub to look for mine. 

Once you find something you like just download it, it should come as a .rmskin file which you just need to open and click to add it to rainmeter, if it doesn't it will be a folder of stuff which you just need to drag and drop into your rainmeter's 'Skins' folder

Then in your taskbar right click the Rainmeter icon go to 'Skins' then to skin you downloaded then click it and it will show on your desktop

And depending on the skin you downloaded you can go into the ini file with notepad and change around some variables to make it exactly how you want it (That's where things get more complex, however that step it's needed)

If you like it how it is you can just drag it to where you want it and you're done :)

If you ever need to go into more detail on anything then there is always this official 'guide/manual': http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual lists pretty much everything you'll ever need to make or to customize a rainmeter skin

Awesome, Thanks.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I throw all my icons and shit on honeycomb for rainmeter

Nope, I just keep everything that would normally stay on my desktop in a folder. (The one that I changed to the desktop icon, it is about 48GB in size)

post-11076-0-42889700-1435622148_thumb.p

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Mine is about as simple as it gets. No icons and they only things I have on the taskbar are Chrome and Steam.

DSC0caj.jpg

I do the same , my desktop is spotless clean with 0 icons and keep most of the stuff i need in taskbar and start menu.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Mine used to be an explosion of shortcuts but I seen a friends comp and he taught me... never be messy again

677fc84a140d3bf4915689dbec89ef9f.jpg

Yeah. I switched to an empty desktop after getting flak from my gf about how messy it was. Now i love it and can't go back

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q