Google Pixel 2 Announcement Coming October 4th?

DocSwag

Source:

So google, today, sent a tweet showing a short video of many questions being typed into a Google search bar. These questions include ones such as:

What's wrong with my phone's battery?

Why is my phone always out of storage?

Why does my phone take so many blurry photos?

Why doesn't my phone understand me?

With the rest all being along a similar trend.

To me this seems quite obvious that these are aimed directly at smartphone and seem to hint at Google releasing a phone that "fixes" these problems. With the "answer," AKA the phone, being announced on October 4. Which would, presumably, be the heavily rumored Pixel 2.

Obviously the first question seems to hint at the Pixel having very good battery life and the second talking about the Pixel having unlimited photo storage to the cloud (but it could also possibly hint at a microSD card slot?), and it's also obvious that the third hints at a very good camera and the last talking about Google Assistant.

These questions all seem to hint at a Pixel 2 announcement on October 4th with all of these "issues" addressed. However, it's also worth noting that Google didn't put a question along the lines of "Why doesn't my phone have a headphone jack?" Which I think would've been a very good question to ask, ASSUMING the Pixel 2 had a headphone jack. Which sounds to me like it won't.

EDIT: @The Benjamins found this:

https://madeby.google.com/intl/en_us/askmore/

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Nice, this phone should be way more interesting than the iPhone 8/X. :D

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

However, it's also worth noting that Google didn't put a question along the lines of "Why doesn't my phone have a headphone jack?" Which I think would've been a very good question to ask, ASSUMING the Pixel 2 had a headphone jack. Which sounds to me like it won't.

Removing the headphone jack makes no sense. Don't do it Google, please. :S

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

cant wait for this phone, this is the only phone I'm waiting for now before I decide which phone to get. I'm choosing between the OP5 / S8 / Note8 and Pixel (XL) 2.

hopefully they've added an sd card slot and kept the headphone jack for the Pixel 2. Please, Google.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

-snip

Don't remember where I read it, but whatever I read this morning said they were making an announcement on October 4th, not releasing.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Nice, this phone should be way more interesting than the iPhone 8/X. :D

I love the vanilla experience of google phones and the quick updates. but I am very interested in the red phone right now. I probably will keep my current phone for anther year (Pixel XL) unless their is a upgrade program. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

unless it's gonna be cheaper than the oneplus 5 I have to give it a miss, contact is up in a short while and that phone is great specs for the price

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

21 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

-snip

From what I see the phone will be announced on October 4, not launched. The media outlets are getting more and more careless by the day.

Don't know if places like Ars Technica or TechCrunch use the term "launch" loosely or just incorrectly, but they describe the new iPhones as having already "launched". Maybe my understanding is wrong, but still the good sources say it's just an announcement not a release.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

49 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It's not a deal breaker for me if they do since I don't actually watch that many videos on my phone, but there's no doubt that it would be something I wouldn't exactly be happy about.

47 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Don't remember where I read it, but whatever I read this morning said they were making an announcement on October 4th, not releasing.

40 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

From what I see the phone will be announced on October 4, not launched. The media outlets are getting more and more careless by the day.

Don't know if places like Ars Technica or TechCrunch use the term "launch" loosely or just incorrectly, but they describe the new iPhones as having already "launched". Maybe my understanding is wrong, but still the good sources say it's just an announcement not a release.

Probably true, will edit to make my post more clear.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, Sampsy said:

Here's hoping they weren't so stupid to remove the headphone jack. 

Which probably will be the case :/.

Why is it that samsung and lg seem like the only ones reasonable to keep it?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Why is my phone always out of storage?

Why does my phone take so many blurry photos?

Why doesn't my phone understand me?

google's answers:

faster fast charging

more cloud

slightly better camera than last year aaaaaaaaaaaaanf joining the dual sensor fray

ai, ai everywhere

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I think i'm the only one that disliked the Pixel. Had a lot of issues with the sound chip literally falling off the board and thus killing the phones ability to make/receive phone calls and listen to anything audio related. Phone app would just crash.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

HYYYPPEEEEE

54 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Which probably will be the case :/.

Why is it that samsung and lg seem like the only ones reasonable to keep it?

Let's hope it ends up like the time they tried to remove SD card slots and failed.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Spoiler

Please be 4000 mAh at least for the pixel 2XL.

If Google bucks the trend of thinner phones they might loose some interest but the benefits would be amazing.

1 minute ago, ScratchCat said:
  Hide contents

Please be 4000 mAh at least for the pixel 2XL.

If Google bucks the trend of thinner phones they might loose some interest but the benefits would be amazing.

The Pixel XL kinda already did that to a point, it is not the thinnest.

and I agree phones can be a bit thicker with out it being annoying

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Really hope so, because this years iPhone lineup has laughable limitations despite it's enormous price tag -.-!

Only the Pixel can change anything, don't fail Google :(.

2 hours ago, SeanAngelo said:

cant wait for this phone, this is the only phone I'm waiting for now before I decide which phone to get. I'm choosing between the OP5 / S8 / Note8 and Pixel (XL) 2.

hopefully they've added an sd card slot and kept the headphone jack for the Pixel 2. Please, Google.

There hasn't been a SD card slot on a Google designed phone since the Galaxy Nexus. Sadly, it's not coming back.

I bought my Pixel XL back in July and I love it. One of the best phones I've ever used. I'm sticking with it for the future, as I can't afford an upgrade and the next phone upgrade is for my girlfriend. Also, with T-Mobile's 600mhz expansion taking a few years, I've got no reason to ditch a perfectly good phone.

Since I am on Google Fi I will save and upgrade  IF: They bring back dual front facing speakers and a solid aluminum design like my Nexus 6P Although if they they just changed that weird half glass/ fingerprint magnet on the back to be less offensive then that would still suffice.

53 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Since I am on Google Fi I will save and upgrade  IF: They bring back dual front facing speakers and a solid aluminum design like my Nexus 6P Although if they they just changed that weird half glass/ fingerprint magnet on the back to be less offensive then that would still suffice.

You're not gonna get dual front facing speakers but there may be the sort of thing phones like the iPhone 7 has done where the call speaker thing is also used as a speaker.

Rumors say that they're keeping the glass/metal back, though the glass part is getting smaller.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, linkboy said:

Google designed phone since the Galaxy Nexus

Pick one, pyo.

4 hours ago, sof006 said:

I think i'm the only one that disliked the Pixel.

Drak3 also dislikes it, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Pick one, pyo.

Drak3 also dislikes it, pyo.

The Galaxy Nexus was a phone that was co-developed by Google and Samsung. All Nexus phones were developed that way. Google would pick a company and work with them to design the phone.

The difference with the Pixel is that Google is designing the phone(s) and then picking a manufacture to develop said phones to Google's specifications.

On the Chrome home page, I found these

google1.PNG.153b81fadce18a574348ef2c67c21864.PNG

Click on the  " Ask More of Your Phone " and you will get this - 

pixel.PNG.c263695c819a77f74a14965a938376b6.PNG

Not to be that guy, but OP you should add this to your post

Also, this is clearly a response to iPhone 8 and I feel like there's  a chance this might be a rushed product. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

34 minutes ago, linkboy said:

The Galaxy Nexus was a phone that was co-developed by Google and Samsung. All Nexus phones were developed that way. Google would pick a company and work with them to design the phone.

The difference with the Pixel is that Google is designing the phone(s) and then picking a manufacture to develop said phones to Google's specifications.

The Nexus lineup has input from Google, but the end design is what the OEM Google partners with comes up with, pyo.

Not that it matters, not a single phone that had Google's input ended up being better than the competition, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

Google collects enough data to make the best phone on the market. I mean, they literally know what people want lmao. 

yet we're hearing that it may not have a headphone jack