Asus X99 Deluxe II - PEICE OF $hi%

JCBiggs

paid over 400 bucks for this board, and in less than a year its dead.. on a mission critical computer.    Do not buy. they want to RMA it,  and i'm trying to talk them into letting me pay the difference on the workstation board.  If anyone is considering buying this one, I strongly suggest you read all the reviews. my problems started 6 or 7 months ago when hardware overclock of any shape or form just STOPPED working. computer would not boot with any over clock at any voltage. I've also never been able to get my 3333mhz memory higher than 2800.   

Just FYI.

You probably killed it with the overclock (Or maybe factory bad Mobo) But I have never trusted Asus with mobos.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

i highly doubt i killed it with a 4.1 ghz overclock on a 4.0ghz chip using less voltage than intel specifies at 4.0... so no.   its just a peice of junk. and you can read the new egg reviews of them to see im not the only one with this problem.  I think LMG just put these in their workstations... good luck. 

4 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

i highly doubt i killed it with a 4.1 ghz overclock on a 4.0ghz chip using less voltage than intel specifies at 4.0... so no.   its just a peice of junk. and you can read the new egg reviews of them to see im not the only one with this problem.  I think LMG just put these in their workstations... good luck. 

Their workstation boards are pretty bad too. There are constant memory errors, hanging, boot issues, power issues, and BIOS issues. The quality of Asus Boards has declined greatly over the years. 

photo-85015.gif

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Good to know.  Im guess im just going to have to live out this 3 year warranty period than then build something with a super micro board.   

i dont understand why its so hard for people to just make a good product. 

If your pc is mission critical you should be looking at the WS series, and not overclocking at all. Still, defective parts happen. Unless you can point to a specific reason for the whole lineup being botched it's hard to base a purchase decision off of this. Also, are you 100% positive the cause of the problem is the motherboard and not the cpu or ram? If you started having problems 6 months ago you should have contacted support right away.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yes. I should have.. but it worked fine with no overclock and was still fast enough for the workload so I didnt bother.  there isn't anything else that could be the problem.  its been getting worse for a few weeks, just shuting off randomly, or losing bios settings. It just hadnt died till now.  when it was up, everything worked fine which tells me the cpu, ram, power supply and memory are all good.    Like i said, im going to try to get them to give me a ws board and be done.  or just refund this on all together and Ill buy the ws board. 

Rampage V Extreme, flawless. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

6 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Rampage V Extreme, flawless. 

Same with the Rampage V Extreme Edition 10.  I also had the x99 Deluxe for well over a year before the RVE10 and it worked flawlessly.  It's heading over to the UK as I type this ready to take on more overclocking.  :D

@JCBiggs Why did they deny your RMA?  Your board has a 3 year warranty and they didn't just simply say no.

I would go for msi boards, their rma policy is amazing.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

14 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Same with the Rampage V Extreme Edition 10.  I also had the x99 Deluxe for well over a year before the RVE10 and it worked flawlessly.  It's heading over to the UK as I type this ready to take on more overclocking.  :D

@JCBiggs Why did they deny your RMA?  Your board has a 3 year warranty and they didn't just simply say no.

They didnt deny it. I just asked if i could upgrade to the WS  since this PC is mission critical.  No need to turn around and have the same problem in another 11 months.  waiting on the answer. 

44 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

paid over 400 bucks for this board, and in less than a year its dead.. on a mission critical computer.    Do not buy. they want to RMA it,  and i'm trying to talk them into letting me pay the difference on the workstation board.  If anyone is considering buying this one, I strongly suggest you read all the reviews. my problems started 6 or 7 months ago when hardware overclock of any shape or form just STOPPED working. computer would not boot with any over clock at any voltage. I've also never been able to get my 3333mhz memory higher than 2800.   

Just FYI.

1 minute ago, JCBiggs said:

They didnt deny it. I just asked if i could upgrade to the WS  since this PC is mission critical.  No need to turn around and have the same problem in another 11 months.  waiting on the answer. 

Oh, you meant they won't RMA it in the manner that you wanted.  That makes more sense.  

It would be nice if we could pay the difference for the next higher model, but most companies simply don't do this.  Occasionally people luck out with things like GPU RMAs where they send in a 980 Ti and get a 1080 back, but it's definitely not the standard across the industry.

Good luck and I hope that you get it sorted out.

You're just unlucky. X99 Deluxe here using it for 3 years, still working running great.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

44 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Their workstation boards are pretty bad too. There are constant memory errors, hanging, boot issues, power issues, and BIOS issues. The quality of Asus Boards has declined greatly over the years. 

Are you sure? Mine is super stable even with extreme settings.

13 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

I would go for msi boards, their rma policy is amazing.

Na. Those boards explode on their own. Even the high end MPOWER/XPOWER boards find ways to kill themselves let alone the Kraits. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Na. Those boards explode on their own. Even the high end MPOWER/XPOWER boards find ways to kill themselves let alone the Kraits. 

Ive never had a problem, i accidentally bent the cpu pins and they gave me a brand new board when i rma'd it about a year after i bought it

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

Ive never had a problem, i accidentally bent the cpu pins and they gave me a brand new board when i rma'd it about a year after i bought it

You got lucking man and that's some great CS for sure.  Congrats. 

2 hours ago, dexT said:

Are you sure? Mine is super stable even with extreme settings.

Which board do you have?

14 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Which board do you have?

X99M-WS. Was bench stable up to 5.5GHz/5820K depending on the benchmark.

EDIT: Ran cache at 4.9g as well.

Yeah, finding a good motherboard manufacturer these days is difficult. My original MSI X79-GD65 8D blew up, did windows update restarted and the VRM area of the board had blown caps and MOSFETs everywhere. Called MSI sent it off got a replacement and that replacement isn't 100% onboard SATA controller dies randomly about twice a week. (PCIe SATA controllers ftw) Been looking at buying an old X79 board but the prices are through the roof (£700 for an Asus X79 WTF?!).  Going to buy a generic intel board and put that platform in my home server and then my next build will be on the Ryzen platform. Either going to ASRock or Gigabyte next build.

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs