Girl I like won't text me back.

Maybe the girl just don't like you?

The worst thing you can do is keep sending her messages when she seems uninterested. You will just come off as annoying.

A hard lesson I learned, do not approach any girl through texts. Like never ever!

If she is not replying back, stop trying to talk to her. Simple as that. That means she DOES NOT likes you, ok?  Dont go crazy over her. There are millions of girls out in the world, you just need to find someone who appreciates you. And now you are gonna be like stubborn, like "Nah man she must be busy thats why she is not replying, I better keep trying to approach her".

If she is co-worker, nope stay away from getting relationships with co-workers, a professional environment must be made.

If she is your college/uni/school friend, still, do not get into this.

Personally, I have sworn myself that I would never get into any such relationships not until I get a stable job, have my own house, car and things like that. By that time, I would be able to approach girls who are actually grown ups and are too willing to find someone.

This thread's still going? Damn. It became the LTT Community Dating Advice Center or LCDAC

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

20 minutes ago, Atalia Chez said:

A hard lesson I learned, do not approach any girl through texts. Like never ever!

If she is not replying back, stop trying to talk to her. Simple as that. That means she DOES NOT likes you, ok?  Dont go crazy over her. There are millions of girls out in the world, you just need to find someone who appreciates you.

appreciate? a thing none of them EVER do.

if you wanna have a girl you gotta have:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

that is ALL they ever appreciate. 

that is a hard lesson I learned.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

Because... No one has EVER seen someone who's lower middle class or lower, who rents an apartment, and uses public transit, in a relationship right?

I see this sentiment expressed semi-frequently and it doesn't hold up if one simply observes their own society and looks at people who are relationships where they could see that a large portion of people in any demographic are able to be in relationships.

3 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

Did you get all your knowledge of women from Good Charlotte?

You're speaking as if females were some alien race that have dreams, needs and aspirations that are different than those of men, which you doesn't present any concrete evidence in support of. 

Since we're just presenting our point via personal experience, then I can say that I don't share your experiences with womenkind.

When I meet my wife I was a homeless drug addict with no house (shocker, I know), car, money, career or education, and yet she decided to enter into a relationship with me and we even tied the knot a few years later. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

8 minutes ago, Volbet said:

You're speaking as if females were som alien race that have dreams, needs and aspirations that are different than those of men, which you doesn't present any concrete evidence in support of. 

Since we're just presenting our point via personal experience, then I can say that I don't share your experiences with womenkind.

When I meet my wife I was a homeless drug addict with no house, car, career, education, and yet she decided to enter into a relationship with me and even tied the knot a few years later. 

Have you noticed that the men who generally hold those opinions are single? :P

8 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

I could not agree more. That´s why stopped dating women altogether. The hassle is not worth the result.

I'm gonna give geniune advice.  You can get into a relationship through being a pushover, and I got laid even when I was a pushover.  But here's the deal: 

if you worry about not getting a kiss then you are doing it wrong.  If you want to be in a 1 week relationship then go ahead, but if you want to be in a successful relationship you need to stop worrying about girls and worry about yourself.  Workout, bike, read, idk whatever your hobbies are.  Focus on yourself. 

Every girl I ever got with while actually being concerned about girls has been a horrible relationship.  Yet if you just don't give a damn, you get into better relationships, and I even get asked out.  But here's the deal, I'm focused on working out, writing my book, and nailing college that I decline.  You should be at that stage if you want a successful relationship. 

This might seem super bossy, but it's true. And I was raised by a single mother, I was taught I should be in a relationship and should be highly chivalrous. But while I respect everyone, I don't care about girls or guys as much as myself. And as a result I get greater respect from everyone.  

Ive reached that stage, and no matter whether you are like this or not, this is for everyone who was like me.  Someone who gave a shit about girls to the point I wanted a relationship. As a result I let myself down, when I left high school I started focusing on my life.  And people respect me for that, because I've improved myself.  

girls want someone respectful and important.  And if you act like their more important than you then your effectively a grain of sand on a damn beach.  

This is true advice, take it or leave it but it's from my heart. 

2 minutes ago, Mike_The_B0ss said:

I'm gonna give geniune advice.  You can get into a relationship through being a pushover, and I got laid even when I was a pushover.  But here's the deal: 

if you worry about not getting a kiss then you are doing it wrong.  If you want to be in a 1 week relationship then go ahead, but if you want to be in a successful relationship you need to stop worrying about girls and worry about yourself.  Workout, bike, read, idk whatever your hobbies are.  Focus on yourself. 

Every girl I ever got with while actually being concerned about girls has been a horrible relationship.  Yet if you just don't give a damn, you get into better relationships, and I even get asked out.  But here's the deal, I'm focused on working out, writing my book, and nailing college that I decline.  You should be at that stage if you want a successful relationship. 

This might seem super bossy, but it's true. And I was raised by a single mother, I was taught I should be in a relationship and should be highly chivalrous. But while I respect everyone, I don't care about girls or guys as much as myself. And as a result I get greater respect from everyone.  

Ive reached that stage, and no matter whether you are like this or not, this is for everyone who was like me.  Someone who gave a shit about girls to the point I wanted a relationship. As a result I let myself down, when I left high school I started focusing on my life.  And people respect me for that, because I've improved myself.  

girls want someone respectful and important.  And if you act like their more important than you then your effectively a grain of sand on a damn beach.  

This is true advice, take it or leave it but it's from my heart. 

True words man, very very true words. 

I've just come out of a 5yr relationship, and completely agree. Need to get back on track and focus on me. Hobbies are so so important, not only do they give you something to do they give you great/funny stories and builds up your personality. Shit man I've done every single hobby I can get my hands on, from Magic the gathering, skydiving, Airsoft, BMX'ing, and TONS more. 

The next best advice I can ever give someone is TRAVEL !! and travel alone, you'll grow up so much in time away from everyone/thing you know. it completely changed me as a person and for the better, Spent a year living in the states (i'm from Africa) and it really does broaden the mind. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

True words man, very very true words. 

I've just come out of a 5yr relationship, and completely agree. Need to get back on track and focus on me. Hobbies are so so important, not only do they give you something to do they give you great/funny stories and builds up your personality. Shit man I've done every single hobby I can get my hands on, from Magic the gathering, skydiving, Airsoft, BMX'ing, and TONS more. 

The next best advice I can ever give someone is TRAVEL !! and travel alone, you'll grow up so much in time away from everyone/thing you know. it completely changed me as a person and for the better, Spent a year living in the states (i'm from Africa) and it really does broaden the mind. 

It's because it grows your independence.  Essentially, that means that you realise you are more important, and you become more confident in yourself.  

We are taught to lay a red carpet for women, and to watch TV, listen to music like 'normal' people instead of pushing our physical and mental bodies to the extreme.  And become our best selves. 

Travelling clears up the bullshit and makes you tougher.  Let me give you advice, never let yourself get comfortable.  If you play games for comfort, remove them, if you are fat, work out, if you are scared of fighting, study martial arts.

that imo is what it means to be a man.  I never had a man in my life.  I had to find the definition myself. 

7 hours ago, Volbet said:

You're speaking as if females were some alien race that have dreams, needs and aspirations that are different than those of men, which you doesn't present any concrete evidence in support of. 

When I meet my wife I was a homeless drug addict with no house (shocker, I know), car, money, career or education, and yet she decided to enter into a relationship with me and we even tied the knot a few years later. 

yes, that's a good relationship.  It's also important (not only for you, for everyone) to know we have different personalities. And that's fine.  If we were all alphas we would be dumb, driven and angry, like Donald Trump.  Remember, it's the betas who invented great technology, pushed the core of society forward.  

11 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Maybe the girl just don't like you?

The worst thing you can do is keep sending her messages when she seems uninterested. You will just come off as annoying.

Yes, and you making yourself unimportant.  Like stand some ground, put your pedestal higher.  You think a girl or guy wants to be a mom or superwoman and do or push everything?  Fuck no. 

9 hours ago, Atalia Chez said:

If she is not replying back, stop trying to talk to her. Simple as that. That means she DOES NOT likes you, ok?  Dont go crazy over her. There are millions of girls out in the world, you just need to find someone who appreciates you. And now you are gonna be like stubborn, like "Nah man she must be busy thats why she is not replying, I better keep trying to approach her".

If she is co-worker, nope stay away from getting relationships with co-workers, a professional environment must be made.

If she is your college/uni/school friend, still, do not get into this.

Personally, I have sworn myself that I would never get into any such relationships not until I get a stable job, have my own house, car and things like that. By that time, I would be able to approach girls who are actually grown ups and are too willing to find someone.

I don't mean to offend but I think you still have to find your independence.  Don't swear To get in a relationship after a certain point. 

Swear after a certain point you will be strong, fit, working out and be completely driven to do what you want to do.  Always put your respect high, your value higher, and your tolerance for being stepped over low.  

4 hours ago, Mike_The_B0ss said:

If you mean 'a relationship should be an addition to your life, not your other half' then yeah that's a good thing.

yes, that's a good relationship.  

b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9

It's also important (not only for you, for everyone) to know we have different personalities. And that's fine.  If we were all alphas we would be dumb, driven and angry, like Donald Trump.  Remember, it's the betas who invented great technology, pushed the core of society forward.  

The whole idea of the "alpha-beta" - hierarchy is not really scientifically sound, especially in the way it's portrayed in modern internet culture and the way it's applied to humans and the social structures humans create. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

wow some people are ruthless but the hard responses are not incorrect. some responses are just pathetic. Look up the definition of the word partner. this is what a boy friend/gir friend or husband and wife are. two people who complement each other. all this talk about needing money and a big dick is too much advertising of your own insecurity. Do you realise the kind of relationship you will get when you use money and cars to attract a partner?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

18 hours ago, Energycore said:

This thread's still going? Damn. It became the LTT Community Dating Advice Center or LCDAC

I did learn a lot from this thread, maybe this could be a new series for Linus? "Dating tips and advice, F. A. P." ? I sure could use it, if nobody can tell. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

6 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Look up the definition of the word partner. this is what a boy friend/gir friend or husband and wife are. two people who complement each other.

that deffinition of "partner" and "complementing each other" died long ago.

welcome to the 21st century where nobody cares about that shit any more. nobody!

6 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Do you realise the kind of relationship you will get when you use money and cars to attract a partner?

yes, i realised that but i also realised that the only other option is to NOT bother with all this relationshit and stay single. 

wich is what i recommend. everything else is a waste of time and money.

that girl you thought is different and really cares? she doesn't.

the minute you lose your job, car, house, whatever she will be off with someone else. 

Sometimes I wonder if I've been just unlucky or too shy... It seems like just about every girl I've met or had an interest in already has a BF. (I honestly cannot think of a single one that wasn't with someone when I met them) At least until my current 2 years at college. I'm on a computer science course so naturally there is only one girl in a class of 20, I feel like in a social way we get along, we enjoy similarish things and she's single (at least I think she still is)... But in the time I've known her I haven't asked her out because I don't want it to make our friendship awkward, I worry that if I ask her out and she gets weirded by it it will affect not just me & her, but my whole group of friends (she hangs out in the group). At best she could accept, at worst it could ruin college socially for her... Or maybe I'm over-thinking by a factor of a billion.

Tl;DR: Am robot, please help with human things.

22 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

13 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I could not agree more. That´s why stopped dating women altogether. The hassle is not worth the result.

You two... just wow.

If you honestly think this is what real girls are like? Man, you guys need to start chasing different kinds of women. Sure I've met the money grubbing whore-type person, but I've never dated one. They do exist (Both male and female). But normal girls just want a dude who isn't totally self-pathetic.

What is self-pathetic? Someone who goes around saying how horrible their life is and how no one loves them and no one could ever want them. They're right of course. But not for the reasons they think. They're like that because they choose to be. All they would need to do is to choose to have self-respect, and that alone would go a long way.

I have a fiancee. I don't own a house - I rent a room in a house. I make good money but I have huge student debt, so I'm still basically broke because I'm focusing on paying it off. I don't have an amazingly expensive car or anything.

She's not a money grubbing whore, I guess is the moral of the story.

TL;DR, whatever kind of girl you've been "into"? Find a new type.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It is funny see so many singles blaming on others for they being single... A relationship when real happens due to strong reciprocity provoked by mutual beneficial feelings... that's it... if you stay all your life only in the internet without socializing it isn't the girl's fault at all...

1 hour ago, KenjiUmino said:

that deffinition of "partner" and "complementing each other" died long ago.

welcome to the 21st century where nobody cares about that shit any more. nobody!

You're being pathetic, I've been in a relationship for more than 3 years already and it is exactly what you keep shouting "it's dead it's dead" just because you've difficulty finding the relationship you wish to have don't go around making little deal of every one elses relationship and saying us woman only care about money... that is just such a generic cliché lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

17 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

It is funny see so many singles blaming on others for they being single... A relationship when real happens due to strong reciprocity provoked by mutual beneficial feelings... that's it... if you stay all your life only in the internet without socializing it isn't the girl's fault at all...

You're being pathetic, I've been in a relationship for more than 3 years already and it is exactly what you keep shouting "it's dead it's dead" just because you've difficulty finding the relationship you wish to have don't go around making little deal of every one elses relationship and saying us woman only care about money... that is just such a generic cliché lol

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how, if women only date for money, that poor people or even just lower middle class people manage to form pairings and produce children.

22 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

• good job 
  • money
  • big house
  • big car
  • big dick

No one should wave his money first. Yes, there are girls who appreciate money more than true love.But, there are women who are stable enough to realize that money is not everything. Generalizing someone or a gender is not the right thing to do. Maybe you had experience with money sluts?  

Like I said, "you just need to find someone who appreciates you".

Just another tip, don`t fall for literally all types of girls/women. A girl/woman with a good heart wants to approach you but she is not really 'beautiful' as you wanted so you decline. But when a money hoe girl/woman approaches you and she is 'beautiful', you say yes to her. This is whats wrong. Hope you understand. Sacrifices have to be made to find a match. A perfect match is when couple appreciate each other qualities, let it be even wrong quality.

Here is my little experience with 'girls' so far. And here is a fake story I make to explain my thought:

I like to drink water straight from bottle with using any glass or whatever. So my 'girl-friend' does not likes it and makes it an excuse to leave me.

Get the idea? No? If someone truly loves you, he/she is ready to go on with your imperfections.

And people please for the love of what ever you adore most, there is no thing as such 'perfect marriage', 'perfect couple'. Why divorce rates are high? It is because the guy or the girl grew up fantasizing a perfect partner with this and that qualities. But when the time comes make sacrifices(get in a relationship), their fantasy goes shattered! Because it was not working the way they dreamed of !

1 hour ago, pipnina said:

Sometimes I wonder if I've been just unlucky or too shy... It seems like just about every girl I've met or had an interest in already has a BF. (I honestly cannot think of a single one that wasn't with someone when I met them) At least until my current 2 years at college. I'm on a computer science course so naturally there is only one girl in a class of 20, I feel like in a social way we get along, we enjoy similarish things and she's single (at least I think she still is)... But in the time I've known her I haven't asked her out because I don't want it to make our friendship awkward, I worry that if I ask her out and she gets weirded by it it will affect not just me & her, but my whole group of friends (she hangs out in the group). At best she could accept, at worst it could ruin college socially for her... Or maybe I'm over-thinking by a factor of a billion.

Tl;DR: Am robot, please help with human things.

Oh! Here is my suggestion, leave her alone. Do not with after a girl especially if she is your class fellow or a co-worker. Your case is special, with 20 other male students, you ready for the things when they tables turn around? A.K.A She gets weirded out by you, she discusses it with other class fellow, whole group thingy gets awkward. 

In a nutshell, DO NOT go with it.

8 hours ago, Volbet said:

The whole idea of the "alpha-beta" - hierarchy is not really scientifically sound, especially in the way it's portrayed in modern internet culture and the way it's applied to humans and the social structures humans create. 

How is it not scientifically sound? Alpha and beta are just terms for people who share some common traits.

Some of the traits I can think of at the top of my mind would be:

Confident

Extrovert

Driven

Dominant (and I don't mean forceful, I mean having a body language which indicates that you are in control)

Usually good looking (because being unattractive usually counteracts the previously mentioned traits)

Tall

Betas, on the other hand, would be the opposite.

Lack of confidence

Introverted

Not motivated/passive

Submissive

Short

And women most certainly desire the alpha traits. Of course, people are not black and white but traits from the alpha-category are desirable.

If you surveyed 1000 women who went on blind dates I am certain that people who have several of the traits from the alpha category would be rated far higher than people who have several of the beta traits.

I think it's kind of absurd that people in this thread are dismissing this as being a thing.

21 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Have you noticed that the men who generally hold those opinions are single? :P

oh come on Ash, I'm sure they're all Nice Guys™, right?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒