Punishments in high school.

Eduard the weeb
Go to solution Solved by Underi,

Taking my PC away for a week or two. Then I'm stuck with my PS4. :( 

I am a highschool freshman and I was wondering, what was the worst punishment you parents gave you in highschool and what you did.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Well, I was 23-26 when I attended high school, so my parents weren't really in a position to punish me.

But it's not like my parents punished me anyway. I was brought up on having no privileges and no punishment.

I guess the worst thing my parents ever did was throw me out of home when I was 15, but I kinda asked for it having a sever drug habit and all.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I am a highschool freshman and I was wondering, what was the worst punishment you parents gave you in highschool and what you did.

Giving me the death glares and axing my allowance and taking away my phone. That's why I loved being in college although they still were able to sometimes keep tabs on me by the detailed phone bill.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Punish in hs?! Tell your parents your not a kid anymore.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

If you're under their roof they can punish you, kid or not.

Even when your 18 or so? What is punishment going to accomplish? It's sad and pathetic to see a grown man still get punish by their parents and the parent needs to learn when to stop. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

If you're living under your parents roof and they are still providing for you - you are still a child. I'm saying that as somebody who still lives with his parents. You're a grown ass man who shouldn't be doing anything that should require punishing.

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

If you're living under your parents roof and they are still providing for you - you are still a child. I'm saying that as somebody who still lives with his parents. You're a grown ass man who shouldn't be doing anything that should require punishing.

One of my ex collegue says his dad still punishes him by hitting him with a cane, and he's married too. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

One of my ex collegue says his dad still punishes him by hitting him with a cane, and he's married too. 

That's kinda funny

I used to be quite active here.

I respected my parents and they never had to punish me. I'm not sure if i just had the dream team as parents or not, but I've never understood why children (or people in general) feel this compulsion to be so combative with authority. Not saying my parents and I saw eye to eye on everything, but they gave me enough leeway to make some of my own mistakes and I respected them enough to listen when they didn't.

10 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I respected my parents and they never had to punish me. I'm not sure if i just had the dream team as parents or not, but I've never understood why children (or people in general) feel this compulsion to be so combative with authority. Not saying my parents and I saw eye to eye on everything, but they gave me enough leeway to make some of my own mistakes and I respected them enough to listen when they didn't.

The key here is "respect" you respected your parents and they respected you as their child. There are a good portion of kids that don't have respect for their parents or authority. It seems to stem from a viewpoint of,  "x"person has to "earn" my respect before I give it to them, instead of being respectful regardless. I don't know where it's coming from but I have noticed it more and more over the past few years.

Just my thoughts! People might disagree and that's ok, I can respect that.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Snip

Even more than that... I'm finding that nowadays its more of a "that person has authority therefore I shall NOT give them any respect ever under any condition for any reason".... its crazy man.

Just now, Zyndo said:

Even more than that... I'm finding that nowadays its more of a "that person has authority therefore I shall NOT give them any respect ever under any condition for any reason".... its crazy man.

I have noticed that parents and educators are getting more reluctant to teach respect and that is most likely what causes that. But that's a WHOLE other topic for another day.

33 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Yeah. My dad doesn't punish me per say, but I have to listen to his rules, since I live in his house. Makes perfect sense, and if you don't like the rules, you just move. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I don't recall being punished in High School. Then again, by that time I knew not do stuff that get myself in trouble.

Last time I recall being punished was my last year in elementary.  My parents did not believe in taking things away.  Then again, I was the type of kid that taking things away did squat to me (note, this back when smart phones where not around and the fastest thing you could get was dail-up).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

34 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Apples to Chickens.

11 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I don't recall being punished in High School. Then again, by that time I knew not do stuff that get myself in trouble.

Last time I recall being punished was my last year in elementary.  My parents did not believe in taking things away.  Then again, I was the type of kid that taking things away did squat to me (note, this back when smart phones where not around and the fastest thing you could get was dail-up).

That would be a great punishment, throttle your internet connection down to blazing fast 56k speeds.

7 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Apples to Chickens.

Hey, cooking chickens with apples it's quite tasty..

4 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

That would be a great punishment, throttle your internet connection down to blazing fast 56k speeds.

Well, only computer my family had at that time was an old Packard Bell with Windows 3.1.  Still remember how someone picking up the phone would knock the internet off the computer.

But hehe, would be fun to see kids' reactions to dealing with dail-up (I actually rock that sound as my ring tone on my smartphone.  :P ).

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

42 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Well, only computer my family had at that time was an old Packard Bell with Windows 3.1.  Still remember how someone picking up the phone would knock the internet off the computer.

But hehe, would be fun to see kids' reactions to dealing with dail-up (I actually rock that sound as my ring tone on my smartphone.  :P ).

So you had that awesome 2400 baud modem. Funny thing is if your modem had the audible dialer you could pick up the phone and speak through the dialer and really freak people out!

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

So you had that awesome 2400 baud modem. Funny thing is if your modem had the audible dialer you could pick up the phone and speak through the dialer and really freak people out!

Yep, could hear that tone a mile away.  :D 

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Apples to Chickens.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you were my kid and you said that, I would kick you out and go "Alright, have fun being an adult"

No need too, I'll walk out myself.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!