why are more and more forum posts in black text?

Changis

i've noticed lately that more and more posts look like this:

Spoiler

aassaa.PNG.04e04d6adce7bf401b66c030bfba4efc.PNG

not everyone has this, but i'm seeing more and more that do, and it seems strange that everyone deliberately choose black text
is it something the posters do manually? or is there a bug with the automatic font color?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Night theme!

3 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Night theme!

i forgot to mention that i am a night theme user, yes.. however, normal posts should be in automatic color, meaning the text turns white when viewed in night theme..

i'm just curious why more and more posts are in black text no matter what
kinda like this text here...
Day theme:
ntt2.PNG.64757f58e39e005162358667fb6a541b.PNG

Night theme

nt1.PNG.b1d72fefd2412abc3424ce54b8430174.PNG

Edited by Changis
added screenshots

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

1 minute ago, Changis said:

i forgot to mention that i am a night theme user, yes.. however, normal posts should be in automatic color, meaning the text turns white when viewed in night theme..

6 minutes ago, Changis said:

Reveal hidden contents

aassaa.PNG.04e04d6adce7bf401b66c030bfba4efc.PNG

not everyone has this, but i'm seeing more and more that do, and it seems strange that everyone deliberately choose black text
is it something the posters do manually? or is there a bug with the automatic font color?

They do that so that people will ask questions.  Works don't it.

i want to know too... this isn't MSN with ridiculous coloured text and BG.the worst is people writting in dark blue or the exact grey of the background

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

They do that so that people will ask questions.  Works don't it.

i'm actually seing some threads not being answered..

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Probably people who are copy pasting.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

27 minutes ago, Changis said:

Reveal hidden contents

It happens when people have posted on a different forum like OCN or Tom's Hardware first, then copy-pasted their post onto here. The black font color is copied as well.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

It happens when have posted on a different forum like OCN or Tom's Hardware first, then copy-pasted their post onto here. The black font color is copied as well.

i see.. i kinda figured, but it just seemed strange that so many would, but i guess even if they edit the copypasted text, it will retain the color.. i guess that "remove formatting" link isn't that obvious or misunderstood..

also, it seems it's not possible to change the text color after it has been entered? i can't change colors when i edit any of my posts.. is this a deliberate feature?

my edit post toolbar:

too.PNG.77de7f1dd7a8364a3f76c9d6c453d4e0.PNG

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Changis said:

i see.. i kinda figured, but it just seemed strange that so many would, but i guess even if they edit the copypasted text, it will retain the color.. i guess that "remove formatting" link isn't that obvious or misunderstood..

also, it seems it's not possible to change the text color after it has been entered? i can't change colors when i edit any of my posts.. is this a deliberate feature?

my edit post toolbar:

There should be a Remove Formatting button on the right side on desktop, but on mobile there isn't. Maybe you can try copying the text and repasting in place to see if it will offer a link though.

34 minutes ago, Changis said:

my edit post toolbar:

Extended toolbar is one feature I've been waiting for since forum upgraded.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Extended toolbar is one feature I've been waiting for since forum upgraded.

@colonel_mortis what will happen with the 4.2 update?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I still think the mechanic should be reversed, you paste it without any formatting and get prompted asking if you want to carry formatting not the other way around.... I hate having to click "remove formatting" every single time I paste something off the internet as it always gets messy.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I still think the mechanic should be reversed, you paste it without any formatting and get prompted asking if you want to carry formatting not the other way around.... I hate having to click "remove formatting" every single time I paste something off the internet as it always gets messy.

I have a habit of pasting into notepad and the cut from notepad. Always get unwanted stuff copying from web. Notepad can't handle fonts so that info gets lost

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

It's been considered already but apparently it's much more complicated than it sounds to do it that way.

I think more kids have come on the forum, if you notice eats generation seems to get dumber and dumber. so as these 5 years who eat glue grow up they change that "glue" to many things. and in the age of technology making white text black is the equivalent.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

18 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

I think more kids have come on the forum, if you notice eats generation seems to get dumber and dumber. so as these 5 years who eat glue grow up they change that "glue" to many things. and in the age of technology making white text black is the equivalent.

Sorry to blow your age-ism parade, but I wouldn't call anyone dumb with that grammar. Also being young and being less educated don't equal eachother. No need to bring that discussion into this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Sorry to blow your age-ism parade, but I wouldn't call anyone dumb with that grammar. Also being young and being less educated don't equal eachother. No need to bring that discussion into this.

you didnt blow anything on the account that I dont care about what you said. 

sorry to blow your parade thinking you blew mine -_-

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Clockwork_princess said:

viddy well little droog, don't start the ultra violence unless you want pain in the gulliver ;)

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Changis said:

Day theme:
ntt2.PNG.64757f58e39e005162358667fb6a541b.PNG

Night theme

nt1.PNG.b1d72fefd2412abc3424ce54b8430174.PNG

For me, the black text is slightly less of an issue as more of GRAY TEXT YOU CANT READ for f*** sake what is this bullshit, and then it's worse when people post a link and then continue typing, the format persists so the first five words are white, then the link makes it impossible to read, meanwhile I'm typing a full essay thats illegible to night theme users!!!!

Very frusturating :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

For me, the black text is slightly less of an issue as more of GRAY TEXT YOU CANT READ for f*** sake what is this bullshit, and then it's worse when people post a link and then continue typing, the format persists so the first five words are white, then the link makes it impossible to read, meanwhile I'm typing a full essay thats illegible to night theme users!!!!

Very frusturating :( 

And then when I see that, I'm tempted to: *fixed for night theme users* (man I hate being this guy, seriously)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, Clockwork_princess said:

You seem a bit on the slow side. Your sentence-structure and grammar are also atrocious. 

57 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

You seem a bit on the slow side. Your sentence-structure and grammar are also atrocious. 

No I just dropped out of school at 16 to start training taking over my father's casino. Well he owns 51% of it. So I didn't have my full education that is true.

Spoiler

It really does get annoying when this happens and I noticed a trend where it seems to most often be people coming to the forum, usually new and they're asking for help. I suspect they copy/paste their plea from another source and where ever it's coming from uses black text.

Also I'm trolling...background color is (#2a2a2a)